What happens if cuts/seeds are confiscated in the mail?

What kind of bags?

Only time Iā€™ve had cuts seized is from sending overnight express, in which they get x-rayed I believe. If itā€™s seized a notification will appear on the trk info and you as well as the recipient will get letters in the mail offering you a chance to pick it up. Just let it go if so.

3 Likes

Cheap zip loc, not the slider kind

Could go either way imo. Iā€™d want multiple layers as well as visual barrier incase the box gets ripped.

Interesting topic, donā€™t let paranoia set in folks if they really wanted you donā€™t you think they would have been at your door by now. I really donā€™t think they got time for friends just sharing, itā€™s not like we are sending a crate full of stuff to one and other. Just my opinion. :wink::ok_hand::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Yeah I mean I didnā€™t think it would matter either since theyā€™re not actual weed or whatever but Iā€™ve never had priority just sit there lol so of course Iā€™m like fuuuck

1 Like

I agree with you, that being said not all of us are in legal states and so discression and security are very important.

2 Likes

We are just small fish :fishing_pole_and_fish: unless you live in a small uptight town where the cops :policeman:ā€ā™‚ are just dicks looking :eyes: for something to do and to make the front page :page_with_curl: of the local newspaper :newspaper:. Small towns can cause people like us big problems. Nothing worse than a busy bodies neighbors or local yokels trying to make a name for themselves. I always have felt like if you are not bothering anyone then all should just stay in there lane. Like that will ever happen. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Very true. I am, however, in a legal state - as is the recipient.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t lose any sleep about it then.

3 Likes

I have a ā€œsmall collectionā€ of those, myself. From the days of ordering from Overseas. Upon notifying the Sending Company, the Order was reshipped more steathly. Anything like that from Overseas must have the Agriculture Certification. No one will come aā€™knockin at your door. Save the hassle and purchase from the many OG Breeders. Help a fellow Member and have the opportunity to communicate DIRECTLY with them. SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

For sure. Nothing ever came of those letters. Just paper. And that was a few years ago. I have met many many generous people here. As well, itā€™s always more fun to trade

1 Like

Me and my buddy bought some seeds from Europe when we were 15/16is to grow in the back 40 of his dads property. This was before we knew about US Seedbanks. We bought about $200 worth of Barneyā€™s farm, sensi, and dinafem. Three weeks later we got a cellphone case with a letter saying it was confiscated by customs. We even paid for ā€œstealth shippingā€:joy: We were watching over our shoulders for a couple weeks but nothing ever came from it

4 Likes

In the US? Seeds are legal now, so if anything they chuck em and you lost your seeds. You used to get the warning letter in the mail and Iā€™ve heard urban legends of raids in the past, but now theyā€™re ā€œlegalā€.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard people being followed back to the grow house by undercovers after leaving a hydro store and being raided but never heard of seeds being confiscated causing a raid

1 Like

This video is very informative about why seeds/clones are federally legal (for now)

2 Likes

The post office will still seize clones and snips and send you a love letter. It doesnā€™t happen often, but it does happen.

1 Like

This is recent (last year)
International to Canada. Opened and forwarded with seeds intact.
Two envelopes.

2 Likes

Somewhere, thereā€™s a post master with one hell of a genetic stash

6 Likes

Thatā€™s happened to me. It was clones and they were eventually "lostā€™ Thatā€™s ok - I was the sender so I made more.

1 Like