0 out of 12 seeds germinated - what would you do? RESOLVED

I purchased some Govt. Cheese seeds from Ninefold Collective, through Great Lake Genetics seed bank, and none of them germinated. I have been growing marijuana for over 40 years, so I know how to germinate seeds that are viable, however these seeds were dead and not a single one cracked, leading me to come to the inevitable conclusion that they were dead on arrival.

Thanks to the generosity of many fine people here, I am luckily not in need of more seeds, so it isn’t a dire situation, however it did mess with some plans I had regarding crosses I wanted to make, etc… I understand that seeds do not come with any type of guarantee, etc., and that you take your risks when ordering or planting seeds. However, if this happened to you, what would you do? Would you just take your lumps and move along and forget about it, would you vow to never buy from that breeder again, or would you vow to never buy from that seed bank again?

edit - 3 days later - I heard back from DBJ at GLG and he said that ninefold doesnt want an unhappy customer, and neither do they, so he is sending me a new pack of seeds to try out. :+1:

This is why it is important to deal only with good honest retailers and breeders :100:

17 Likes

I would contact GLG and see what they have to say for starters . I don’t think I would want seeds from that breeder again .

14 Likes

Probably ALL of the above, but, I would FIRST contact GLG and inform them of the circumstances, your experience. See if they will “do the right thing”. Don’t go off, communicate calmly, they MAY have received similar feedback from other buyers, giving strength to your observations. If they don’t seem to care, or hit you with the “not my problem”, vow to shop elsewhere and DO JUST THAT. Spread the word so others don’t get ripped off. I wish you well, do stay safe and, don’t despair. I’ve gone 0 for 8, 2 for 10, and 1 for 6.

17 Likes

Don’t bother contacting the GLG go straight to the breeder, GLG is just a mid man, they may make it up to you but it is more likely that they will speak with the breeder or just recommend you to speak with the breeder itself.

Plus dealing with the breeder may be beneficial for you too.

11 Likes

Thanks everyone, I have contacted both GLG and Ninefold Collective to inform them of the situation, and I will report back what they have to say.

I feel sort of silly even mentioning this here since there is such a wealth of great genetics on overgrow, and people here who are so generous with their seeds, but this isn’t about that, and I was interested in hearing other people’s feedback in general regarding this.

9 Likes

It is also good to share with others your experience so they may avoid them. All part of the OG way.

Good or bad experiences, we all learn from them.

Good luck with this GLG should take care of this, then deal with the breeder.

8 Likes

No reason to feel silly or anything, sometimes it happens, but the cool thing is you didn’t jump on and just start bashing them. Instead asked thoughts and such, hopefully GLG and breeder are gonna do something to make it right. I mean it’s not like they were freebies or on way low priced sale/clearance.

8 Likes

In my experience most seed banks will work with you, they have a reputation to maintain also

7 Likes

Wow, that is a rough go. Ive been eye balling that strain from them for a while. Id defiantly be contacting GLG. Thats sum bull sheet.

2 Likes

hit up ninefold or manidoo on IG

5 Likes

I will be shocked if GLG doesn’t attempt to make it right with you. They have the good reputation they do among us growers for a reason.
As for having an entire pack not germ I can’t say I have ever experienced it but my guess is something happened to those seeds and you most likely are not the only one having the problem.
Bad Dawg from GLG is good people and I am sure he will take care of you.

11 Likes

That’s not unreasonable. Poor germ rates are one thing, 0/12 is I’d-like-a-refund territory.

7 Likes

I would message the breeder. There are a few that Ive seen would make it right.

3 Likes

Good thing to let them know, if they are somewhat legit theyd probably want to know a batch of seeds are possible duds. Otherwise they’ll just keep selling them not knowing.

4 Likes

0/12 would make me wonder if they didn’t get irradiated in the mail.

4 Likes

I had a similar thing happened, but ONLY 0 for 4. I contacted the breeder directly and he dropped some of his own to check on that batch. None popped for him either and he is replacing my seeds.
I don’t blame the breeder for seeing for himself. After all there are people out there that are not so honest and try to take advantage.

9 Likes

Also, we have a dedicated GLG thread for just this sort of post.

5 Likes

Trying to delete

1 Like

Just looked and the Bohdi packs are $70???

1 Like

Great Lakes Seeds is a good company.I would contact them and inform them of your situation.I am sure they will work to resolve your issue bro.

3 Likes