1 dollar houses for sale in medical state

Much like Detroit the white flight of the 60-80s has decimated the area then the heroin then crack now heroin again these problems start when the community is broken up and moves away only way to fix it is to move in active people interested in repairing the community

2 Likes

I think the city should repair them and give them to cops firefighters teachers military an influx of strong structured people would curb a lot of the problems the neighborhoodā€™s have, thing is most of these people prefer the suburbsā€¦

3 Likes

Let me know when the $1 houses in the countryside show up on your internets. :wink: I just canā€™t do city living too many folks running around.

5 Likes

Sold. My budget currently allows for 12 houses.

6 Likes

They had it where Iā€™m from also. Ā£1 for a house. The catch was you had to have Ā£20.000 to ā€œupdateā€ the property and the council paid Ā£20.000 towards it also. It was just a way for the councilā€™s to shift properties they no longer seen as ā€œprofitableā€ in areas no one in their right mind would want to live. Needless to say our ā€œIndianā€ Community bought them all up and rent them out cheap to people that are ā€œdesperateā€ for housing.

2 Likes

saint louis has some of the most beautiful residential architecture of any american city, and a tradition of high quality craftsmanship, carpentry, and masonry. despite the fact that itā€™s empty, itā€™s one of the most beautiful neighborhoods Iā€™ve seen.

The abandoned lemp brewery also sticks out as a cool piece of architecture and american history.

And while weā€™re on the subject,
the Saint Louis city museum is incredibly awesome. the building is a re-purposed shoelace factory, with some of the original equipment still running, and the rest of it cannibalized into the structure of the building.
In addition to architectural and historical exhibits, they have interesting environmental/experiential art installations. They have a permanent installation of an aviation and auto junkyard suspended in mid air by steel cables. It is largely geared towards kids, but they are open at night and serve beer and wine for adults. I would highly recommend it to anyone, itā€™s crazy and a lot of fun.

4 Likes

Part of the lemp brewery has been licensed to grow but yes nothing like a 3 story 7 bedroom mansion with granite window sills for 10k lol

4 Likes

Cost of living in downstate Illinois (recreational state now) or Missouri (Medical) is already dirt dirt cheap. You do not want to save a few bucks by living in a bad part of St. Louis. Driving through, itā€™s like youā€™re in an episode of ā€œthe Wireā€. Donā€™t-stop-at-night type shit.

You can buy a really nice house in downstate Illinois for <100K. Carbondale is lovely, and Southern Illinois (Shawnee Natā€™l Forest) is really pretty. Carbondale is sorta the ā€œAustinā€ of Illinois.

Even living by the lake in the Ozarks is cheap as hell.

5 Likes

We are in the blue ridge mountains. Bought 10 acres and a 5000 square foot dump for 17 grandā€¦and I guarantee it was a far better deal than those 1dollar houses :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

There is this to think about, well for me anyway.

2 Likes

jesus sounds like san francisco only worse. I must be a pretty radioactive dude because I spent a lot of time in St. Louis and SF.

the hunterā€™s point navy shipyards in san francisco and the military base on treasure island produced tons of radioactive waste, buried it in secrecy, and then built project housing, schools, and playgrounds on top of it. true facts.

Thanks @webeblzr Iā€™ll definitely by checking this out.

1 Like

Yeah man, we do some horrible stuff to ourselves.

2 Likes