10mm glass nectar collector replacement body or diy replacement

So I picked up a concentrate grab bag from a semi local shop about 2 days ago, got one of the cheap 10 mm micro nectar collector’s, well when I checked while in the shop I didn’t notice there was a crack that went almost all the way around the upper section of the glass body( glare from lights in store hit it just right so I didn’t notice) so it’s to late to take back. I’ve been trying to fi d a replacement glass body for it but not having much luck…any ideas or thoughts? If not thinking about making my own but not sure where to begin so any advice or input would be awesome.
Thanks

1 Like

If you have a propane torch you might be able to fuse it back together.
I broke a right angle whip adapter that way.
(glass not borosilicate)
Cheers
G

2 Likes

I use propane, map and butane torches :grin: gonna see if I can get a clear pic of the crack

2 Likes

hot glue that bad boy and send it!

Would hot glue hold? Maybe heat safe epoxy?

@Deadinside88 you really need a kiln to make a torch repair like that.

1 Like

Unfortunately don’t have access to one, plus they only run about $20 for a new set but really I’d be happy even finding or making a new body for it. Just been debating on material.

1 Like

Ended up ordering one of the "happy dab kits. My buddy had one and loved it and when I had tried it it seemed perfect for home or when I go places. Now just playing the waiting game… in mean time I still wanna come up with an idea for making one. Saw some on smokecartel while looking for replacement glass body and came across them. So I figure what could it hurt to try.

1 Like