12/12 from seed

Hey there OG, so wondering if any of you go 12/12 from seed? Reason I ask is because am thinking of starting my last 3 Grape Punch seeds to pollinate with Sour Bubble pollen but the Sour Bubble are already underway. Anyone able to share their experiences with running photos 12/12 from seed?

27 Likes

I know @Tappy does it with good results.

5 Likes

Cool, thanks for tagging Tappy, much appreciated.

4 Likes

In the past i would, though i found no benefit compared to say running a veg cycle for the first 2.5 weeks as the plant still needed time to develop before it could even think about flowering, only time i would do it now is say if you had only flowering room left and could slip a plant in there.

16 Likes

I’m doing this right now. I’ll keep you posted, if you’d like? It’s a first time endeavor for me.

11 Likes

They won’t flower 12/12 from seed, they would just stretch until ready to flower.

So as Mr sparkle pointed out, veg cycle for 2-3 weeks is recommended.

You can sow directly into final pot, or transplant a few days before Flippin

:v:

13 Likes

Done it once, they still took about 3 weeks to “veg” under 12/12 so if you’re going from seed I’d stick to 18/6 for the 1st 2-3 weeks you’ll get more growth and won’t really be sacrificing any time compared to starting at 12/12. If it’s just the space savings you’re looking for and not time 12/12 from start does good.

13 Likes

I’ve done this with a few strains they will veg for about 3 weeks and show sex. Some plants do ok others weren’t worth it. I’ve seen some good grows though it’s all in the genetics. I’ve also seen people do 12/12 from seed to find out sex then put them under 18/6.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s the idea, I shut down 2 tents yesterday and was trying to avoid opening one up again. I get the plant won’t start flowering immediately but since I gave seen people speak to the 12/12 from seed thing I wanted to get some real world experience to pull from. I guess if I have to fire up an9ther tent I can. Thanks all.

5 Likes

12/12 from seed, done in two litre bottles, SOG, Very easy, neat, fast. Short fat stompers is best choice.
Fog Dogs are performing well in 6" x 6" one gallon containers. Looking for 2-3 oz buds, 14-18" tall.

10 Likes

Root N Fruit is life.

Even did it with a couple autoflowers.

1 Like

You can search out SpeeCees from Holland. He has some post scattered around the net on 12/12 from seed.

5 Likes

12/12 from seed is fine. For me I’ve found it still takes the same time to start flowering as it did if you vegged. Plants stay smaller and more manageable though. You won’t get as many seeds as they don’t bud as big as if you’d giving them a proper light schedule :+1:

4 Likes

I mean if it’s just your flowering tent running, yeah just throw them in there they will grow and flower.

5 Likes

Fastest way from seed to flower it seems, go for it.

I’ve successfully grown 13/11 for veg and 11/13 or less for flower, as little as 6 hours some days. Might have had a bigger harvest when sticking to 11 hours of light but I got some very potent bud.

7 Likes

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the info.

5 Likes

Good to know this. Just when you think you know everything, there it is another nugget of knowledge. I by no means know it all lol.

4 Likes

Not sure if anyone touched on it yet, but you save a little $ on the power bill too, since you’re going straight to 12.12 rather than 18.6

7 Likes

Agreed, I likecto give the seedlings 2 weeks of
24 n 0 then flip to 12’s.
It’s what I’ve been doing for my last 3/4 grows.
Works for me.

12 Likes

Nice profile pic lol…

1 Like