18 Strain Cross with Reversed Super Boof

18 Strain Cross to Reversed Super Boof

This time we are reversing Super Boof, a multiple cup winner. She’s medium/tall and super trichy. The buzz is immediate with good duration.

Here’s a guide to the participants:

APBN - Apples and Bananas Blue Power, Grand Daddy Purple, Platinum Cookies

BRLC - Black Rock Lava Cake (Thin Mints x Grape Pie) Ver12 Best Potent Cake - al’s cut

BSCT - Biscotti (Gelato 25 x South Florida OG)

BTFL - Black Truffle (Pure Michigan x White Truffle) breeders cut

CDRB - Cadillac Rainbows (Runtz x Pure Michigan)

GDGP - Gran Dawgy Purps (Grand Daddy Purple x Chemdog IV) al’s cut

ICCC - Ice Cream Cake (Wedding Cake x Gelato #33)

PRMI – Pure Michigan (Oreoz x Mendo Breath)

PTCK – Platinum Cake (Platinum OG xWedding Cake)

SBCP - Sherb Cream Pie Chromatic Cultivation cut

SKBY - Skunk Berry odiferous old time sativa

SLPZ – Slapz Runtz x Grease Monkey) Cup Winner

SPBF - Super Boof (Black Cherry Punch x Tropicana Cookies) Multiple Cup Winner

TKZC - (TK Lato x Zittles Cake) Stack of Triangle Kush

WAGL - White Angel (Hell’s Angel’s Kush x The White) al’s cut

WIFI – White Fire #3 Old time weed still kicking

WTFL - White Truffle (GG4xPeanut Butter Breath) BeLeaf cut

WTMT – White Meat – 3rd Coast

Day 0 Bloom

Unit:

Layout:

She-Male:

Our Super Boof She-Male started silver treatments and 12 hour light cycles a week before our harem hit the bloom room. This is to ensure that the pollen comes early for fully mature seeds.

The cotton balls are used to help keep the silver in contact with the stems longer. Its just insurance against difficult reversal targets.

Everyone is healthy and sized well to grow together and make a decent crop of seeds.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

22 Likes

Day 7 Bloom Update

Unit:

Lots of nice growth for the week past transplant. Everyone has made the move to the bloom room and is of sufficient size to produce a seed crop.

Data:

We have already fed them twice and cranked the light all the way up to 11! I have swapped positions of a couple plants to help the canopy form a colosseum under the light. I have also done the first shoot prune.

This is where I take out the lowest shoots while leaving the fan leaf. The shorter the plant, the more shoots I remove. This strategy redirects the plants energy to elongation, and helps even out the canopy.

Side:

Lush Plants:

She male at 14 Days:

Here she is, just hitting the stretch,

Spray History:

We have been spraying STS every 3 days and will start stretching it out to 5 for the next bit.

Balls Out:

Here you see the first male flowers forming at the base of the first buds. We should see further development from bananas into full male flowers in the next week, and early pollen following that.

We will strap everyone into the trellis and get ready for stretch in the coming week.

It’s about to get a bit nutty up in here as we pinch and prune and try to control the explosive growth of the next phase.

-al

7 Likes

Day 14 Bloom Update

Unit:

Lots of touchdowning plants as we head into stretch.

Data:

The plants have been eating heavily. I have completed the trellis and have everyone strapped in. I have started pinching and pruning as the plants need. I don’t remove fan leaves unless they are damaged or directly shading other plants.

Side:

Center:

Male Flowers:

We have fully formed male flowers. Pollen should arrive in about a week.

A short walk through:

(208) Super Boof Crossed to 18 Strains - Day 14 Bloom - YouTube

-al

7 Likes

Day 21 Bloom Update

Unit:

Getting tall and making the chair disappear!

Data:

The hard feeding of N to make stem has slowed as flowers are emerging from the first buds. They continue to get foliar sprays on lower leaves without buds. This is noted with a circled s. The plants love al’s Super Feed N Kill Foliar Spray. You can find the recipes along with all of my current tech in the “4 Crosses of Slapz” thread here in the forum.

Side:

Center:

Button buds and happy plants abound.

SPBF She-Male

I have staked it up and added a pollen collection tray. I gather up the fallen flowers for the freezer.

Flowers Poppin:

Getting color and starting to burst.

Pollen!

First confirmed pollen right on time at 28 days. The pollen will continue to form for at least another month.

This is when all the training comes into play, as we try to maximize the plants without growing past the light.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

10 Likes

Day 28 Bloom Update

Unit:

Stretch is about done and the buds are filling in. We got up to the light and stayed there with pinching and pruning.

Data:

The plants continue to eat heavily after the first res change. I have started to shift the nutes to hard bloom with their first PK boost. Removing bud zone leaves continues as we manage the grow to maximize light usage.

Side:

Center:

Male Flowers:

Flowers are starting to open and release pollen. Our prime pollination time starts now. Pistol browning is the next thing to look for in our quest for seeds.

-al

8 Likes

Day 35 Bloom Update

Unit:

We have nice buds everywhere. All the plants have adequate targets for the pollen that has started to fly.

Data:

The plants have slowed their eating with only one hit of food and one PK boost. I have removed fan leaves from the bud zone, but tried to keep as many as possible. We will target them with our foliar spray, allowing us to force feed nutrients into the plant just when they slow uptake through the roots.

Side:

Center:

She Male:

Our shemale has started to open flowers. We have some yellow pollen and brown pistols – so it’s looking pretty good!

A short walk through:

(314) 18 Strain Cross to Super Boof - Day 35 Bloom - YouTube

We are at the half way point and everything is looking good. Now we will just work on building bud and developing mature seeds.

-al

10 Likes

Day 42 Bloom Update

Unit:

Buds are starting to develop their characteristic trich coverage and aromas. Gran Dawgy Purps and Skunkberry lead the stench wars. The slightest brush of either girl induces slobbery grins. Sure hope their daughters can carry these traits.

Data:

I started the res change light, since burning bud growth tips right now would be calamitous. But these girls are finishing maximum uptake this week and just cleaned their plate every day. A PK boost with the res change continues our shift in the nutes.

Side:

Center:

SheMale

The flowers are starting to drop off along with the amount of pollen. Shehe has only a few days left in the bloom room because we don’t want underdeveloped seeds. Not sure if I will put it in the transition chamber to collect more pollen, or just do the BIG prune.

-al

9 Likes

I am sure glad to see this. I have been anxiously waiting to harvest my fem SLH pollen and secure my stash. I am at day 28 of 12/12. i verified pollen is present and so far so good.

2 Likes

Oh, btw i love your simplicity.

2 Likes

Really nice set up. Home built? Superboof seems interesting I’ve been hearing about it and seeing it around.

2 Likes

My set up consists of some antique General Hydroponics Aeroflo 36s that I have modded for our favorite plant. GH ripped off 70’s NASA tech to deliver aeroponic performance with cheap splashoponics. Most folks failed with these because they were designed for lettuce in space.

For nutes I use very low concentrations of a synthetic base: Heavy 16. This is supplemented with my Aero Tea that contains Biotics(both bacteria and fungi), organics and partially digested nutes.

This together creates incredible synergy and performance, perfect for rapid phenotyping projects and multistrain grows like this.

Syntho/Biotic Aeroponics, about as stupid as it gets.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

6 Likes

I’ll research this looks very promising. Thanks for your response.

2 Likes

Day 49 Bloom Update

Unit:

Coming into the home stretch, just a wonderful assortment.

Data:

The plants have been sipping nutes as we begin to close down the Nitrogen.

Side:

Center:

A riot of colors and flashing trichs. Top shelf girls showing their stuff.

Budz:

Just a view I wanted to share. It just never gets old.

It’s almost time to bring the res down and start clearing procedures. The shemale was pulled, but not before once last tour. I have a couple visible seeds, but it still looks like a light pollenation. There are no guarantees when messin with Mother Nature.

-al

6 Likes

Day 56 Bloom Update

Unit:

The plants are starting to finish out. The sights and smells are amazing!

Data:

Eating has slowed to a crawl. They got a single dose of Kool Bloom for a PK boost that also messed with our pH. Time to clear is near.

Side:

Center:

Lots of purps and trichs.

Skunk Berry:

She lights up the dark purps around her with florescent pastel colors showing her old time sativa heritage. The lightest touch releases an assault of penetrating sweet berry perfume.

Platinum Cake:

Just absolutely slathered!

White Meat and Friends:

Bright white chunks on a purple plant with a whiff of dank.

The plants are winding down and a few will be done within days. Aero speeds us up by about 5 days across a normal 63 day run, so this is about right. It’s time to clear the res and start figuring who goes first.

-al

7 Likes

@als_weed youre doing gods work here with this run. whats the plan with the beans? do you have a theme to what youre aiming for? i see alot of cake and cookies stuff going on

2 Likes

It’s true there’s a lot of cookies n cake on the list. But there is a sprinkle of older stuff too.

In all cases the mom is a proven plant that should make an interesting mix with Super Boof.

The main purpose of the experiment is to create beans to grow out. I have 2 pheno hunts in process right now from earlier experiments.

Always looking for even better with the biggest net I can handle.

Thanks so much for your interest.

-al

3 Likes

bigs props on your organization :+1:

1 Like

heck ya, this is amazing. looks like a ton of effort. looking forward to seeing when you grow out some of the crosses. im a big cookies fan myself for sure. neat setup, looks like you can pack.a ton of little cuts in a small space

2 Likes

You can see all my pheno hunts on my forum here on Overgrow:

Latest Sponsored/als_weed topics - Overgrow.com

Currently I have 2 hunts in progress: one in veg and one in bloom.

I’m also doing relic hunts, where I pop rare old seeds and look for keepers.

I’m currently looking for folks who want to trade for original Chocolate Diesel cuts from the last hunt.

I plan to grow out everyone’s best cuts here in the forum in head to head “taste of the town” experiments.

Thanks for your interest!

-al

7 Likes

heck ya dude. i support this, i know how much effort youre putting into this. ive got these cuts. im not taking in clones right now as i have too much on my plate, but if you see anything you like consider it yours.

consider it a standing offer, ive been working through these for awhile and plan to keep em for until at least next season

Well Tested

Cult Classic Seeds
    Unicorn Sherbert - Sherbert x Kurple Fantasy - really frosty, amazing bag appeal

Grandiflora
    Grandi Guava - notes of fruit, lots of sweetness. poor to decent yield

Purple City Genetics
    Gush Mints - Kush Mints x F1 Durb x Gushers - bakery terps and gassy undertones. insane yield
    Slurty3 - Slurricane (Cowboy’s cut) x Gelato 33 - insane bag appeal. good yield
    Wedding Cake - Jbeezy Cut - sweet and creamy cake. hints of gasoline. slow veg, good yield
    Double Dream - Blue Dream x Dream Star - Better than Blue Dream, Same Terps
    Governmint Oasis - GMO x Gushmints - epoxy terps. for washing

Untested Phenos

Grandiflora
    Blue Limonene - West Mac x Melonatta 

Piff Coast
    Super Sonic - Gary Payton x Project 4516

Purple City Genetics
    Carbon Fiber - Grape Pie x Cookies n Cream x Biscotti
    Moroccan Peaches - Spanish Barbara x Lemon Tree Skornage 
    Pineapple Breeze - Guava Tart x Caribbean Cookies
    Bob Hope - Super Lemon Haze x Durban Biscotti