18w 24" LED grow strip light

Picked this up this morning from Mynards a little 18w 24" LED grow strip light.
No way to attach to anything unless you run wires from the ends up to a support some where’s.
Needed a bit of supplemental lighting for the Babies.
Will these burn hotter than flouros, anybody running LEDs?

3 Likes

I have one in my clone tent from home depot. Its made by Feit.
You can hold your hand on it when its on. Gives off basically no heat.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll pick up 2 this one here was $40 still cheaper than buying another 4 tube setup.

The 4 tube I have now was over 180.
These LEDs can be linked together also.

1 Like

I haven’t used anything that matches your description, but I would love to replace my 6 bulb 4 foot T5 fixture. Do you have a photo, a model number, brand name or a link? I went to their website and see a lot of lights, but didn’t see any that fit your description - although I will admit that I went to the Menards website, which might not be the same place.

1 Like

It’s the same I just call it Mynards…

This is a #gr-shp2L
Made by Stonepoint

4 Likes

Oh, I like it. Home Depot has it for about $35. I hope you’ll update us with your own review!

2 Likes

Heres the one i was referencing. (Canada)

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/feit-electric-19w-2-ft-2-light-white-led-hydroponic-linkable-grow-light/1001094815

2 Likes

This was 40 with tax

1 Like

Not really gonna use it by itself, putting it in with 4 vho 24" flouros.
Gonna move fixture over to the far side then add maybe 2 of them LEDs for the other side.

1 Like

Gotcha. Still, you’ll be able to do a (nearly) side by side comparison and immediately see the difference in light intensity. I like the way the light looks, but it’s not a beauty contest!

1 Like

@Craigson15, I might have seen the Feit light you were talking about, but your URL just brought me to Home Depot’s search page.

2 Likes

Ya i just fixed the link. Basically same as the Menards one

1 Like

I just ordered one of these for a male tent. Hopefully it doesnt generate too much heat

4 Likes

That led strip will run cooler than your T5… and last year’s longer.

1 Like

newer LEDs are impressive, lots of light, low heat and energy efficient.

If I had a big grow op I’d be pissed if I bought HPS/MH lights now that these new LEDs beat them out in every way.

1 Like

Yup. LED’s are the future, and the future is here. Also, plasma lights are the future, but their pricing is out of this world!

2 Likes

Shit I spent that on my 2’ vho fixture, pretty good deal ya got.

Ya i didnt even look what the actual watts are. Probably like 140-180 Id imagine.
Hopefully itll flower a couple or few males at a time

2 Likes

lol…so my reaction gif was deleted by a mod. Sorry if I offended anyone with my “you don’t say” gif… :smirk:

Must’ve missed something

1 Like