1996 seeds - Got 2 to germinate

Was gifted some 28 year old seeds and managed to get 2 of them to pop, and the first leaf on this one looks crazy, super serrated looking with extra fingers -
I’ll keep this updated as time goes - sending sex tests off in a few days with FarmerFreeman

117 Likes

Definitely following this one, they look very nice for the age. Alot of seeds come up way worse than those!

13 Likes
11 Likes

Hopefully these don’t get Suge knighted :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Im growing some UBC Chemo seeds that are around 25 years old.Funny they do the same One fat Krinkly all in one leaf holy shit.Very slow veg must be an older seed thing

49 Likes

That’s awesome, did you do anything special for germination, peroxide, seed scuff, etc? and 2 out of how many? Fingers crossed for m/f!
Following this for sure, some wild first leaves for the both of you @LunarLeaf & @CapnCannabis!

7 Likes

-Definitely following this one. Good luck here.

I’ve got a jar of seeds from the 90s - to the early 2000s and have stashed away rando seeds from great weed for a couple of decades.

So far I’ve managed to germinate and grow out 6-of them, each very different.

FWIW I’ve been trying to work one of the best for a bit. “Stella”.

9 Likes

Ooo that’s awesome , keep me updated on Yours as well! It’s gotta be a old gene trait or old seed traits not sure but we shall see whenever we get there

7 Likes

Nothing to special , just let them germ in a incubator / soon as I seen tap root start to form / I put them into the veg / mom tent with lower par & a slight feeding - but so far so good , there was another one that tried to pop , but it stalled out as a tap root

6 Likes

The other one that germinated is more narrow leafed - took 3 extra days to come alive

26 Likes

Do you know how they were stored ?

5 Likes

I did A seed run of some BOG sour Bluetooths and i had a ton left over i took a nice pile of beans and soaked them in a skull vodka shot glass and bottled water for 24 hours till i seen little tips of tails pop.I strained the beans out and tossed the chemo ones in the same water.I figured everyone has been saying old seeds are missing an enzyme because they are old.Need to get it from somewhere and what better a source than fresh Cannabis beans.They are only a couple months old so i figured it would be fresh.I was right 4 out of 4 popped previous owner stored them very well no humidity or temp fluctuations in sealed cigar tubes filled with rice in a refrigerator

21 Likes

That’s awesome, good luck with the grow!

7 Likes

Did you get a backstory on the seeds? It’s always fun to crack old beans.

7 Likes

Gonna follow this, excited for the results!

3 Likes

I do not , but the guy that gave them to me keeps all his seeds in cold storage , so however long he’s had them himself , I’ll have to ask if you’re curious - he’s a good buddy of mine

7 Likes

Watching ! :chair:

4 Likes

What I was told , there was this elderly gentleman (unfortunately has passed) that had Roadkill skunk in the 80’s & 90’s and had won some high times awards - he did a seed run in 1996 & 1998 - my buddy gifted me the 1996 ones - but he said the guy was super strict about any info or letting anything out - that’s as much as I know , my buddy lost a bunch of old picture awhile ago from his account being delete in his social media , but I can have him give me more detail if there is any about these 1996 ones

11 Likes

Regardless if it’s real skunk or not … still curious what kind of terps are in these 28 year old time bombs

18 Likes

Hope these turn out stellar for you :crossed_fingers:t3:

10 Likes