1998 OG gifted seeds still alive

Hello Folk’s

Here is the dang pic it took me 2 hours on my phone to locate as I have easy 15,000 + pics on my microsoft cloud so here is the pic from 98 that was taken and here below are 2 beautiful ladies germinated and taken from 10 seeds all germinated and 2 were the ladies I am growing now doing fking awsome for 24 year old seeds woudn’t you agree???

1st pic the gifts from an OGer here
20180110_103327 (2)

I would like to say and boast about these lucky beans I was gifted back in 1998 with 2 other strains and Also I was gifted all the way accross the channel an old close friend named Cabbie from here at the time gifted me this Hash , I wish I coud really get to say hello again after 19 long years to all my friends.

Now the 2 Lovely Ladies 31 days under the light,

Blueberry x Skunk #1

!

47 Likes

Looks tasty!!!

1 Like

Damn, that’s some choice viable vintage! Is that middle bag Swampy and NDNGuy’s Free Leonard?!?! NDNGuy was on here back in 2018 talking about maybe remaking that one, especially after finding out that @Barefrog had the lost Butterscotch Hawaiian, but I never heard of anything happening since then, has anyone else?

Edit: I see you named it, I was wrong it’s C99 I thought it said “Free”

4 Likes

Awesome. If I could just get the seeds I made in ‘99 to crack. I don’t have many left. Did you have them refrigerated or in the freezer?

4 Likes

Pretty remarkable amount of life force cooped up in such small seed.

5 Likes

Man,those seeds are as old as me, it’s weird to me to think of It,but beautiful ladies you hot there :heart:

3 Likes

awesome, '98 was a very good year in some parts :wink:

3 Likes

I had the seeds all together inside a throat lozenge tin Secrets
s-l300

Strains
Blueberry x Skunk #1
Bubble Gum
C99

I had tucked them away and totally forgot about the seeds until this year when My Wife came out of our room unpacking asking me what this secrets container with seeds in it, WHAT HUH WHO I said lol

17 Likes

Similar for us, found a baggie full of mixed “cleanup the table” seeds.
Some have lead to good things, still a work in progress.

6 Likes

incredible story, I hope to see how the plants bloom :pray:

4 Likes

These were given to me by a friend I used to buy smoke from. Im gonna try and germinate some for this spring. They are at least from the 90s early 2000s also going to try and germinate the 1993 bagseed. I distinctly remember a orange citrus flavor.

6 Likes

I’ve gotten old seeds to germinate, im gonna try some methods I learned here. Like aloe plants, im really interested in that technique. I have some 1993 bag seeds that need to be tried with cubes of aloe.

5 Likes

Good luck with this project!!

Thanks @SkunkHunt101 this should be interesting if i get something to germinate.

2 Likes

1 Aspirin / h2o2 water for 12 hours/ Aloe chunk til tail turns white or green, into paper towel. Bamaloe7

9 Likes

Thank you @Astrodude, I was searching for the thread today. I knew it was from you that I read that about this technique.

3 Likes

Forgot most important part, warmth 80 degrees, and my last two germs I did Worm Castings after aloe rather than paper towels. JPS Style!

5 Likes