Costa Rica Cannabis Scene & Regulation

Hello gang,

To my surprise, there was a Cannabis Cup about a couple of months ago, but my paranoia gets in the way of meeting people and i missed it. OH well, there will be more.

Good and nice things happening in Costa, Delicious Seeds were amongst the organizers of the event, and it took place in April.

Never before something like this is happened. It’s getting better and better in here!

HppHrvst :robot:

14 Likes

But, but. You have your own Cannabis Cup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I couldn’t believe it myself! It was a pretty tight thing to do i am sure, like a very private event! But next time i will get invited i am sure!

5 Likes

More good news for Costa Rica. Guiselle Amador!

I love this woman! Our beloved Minister of Health!

No prosecution for cannabis oil consumption! We are FREE to vape WEED OIL out in the street!

Medicinal or Recreatively! My dispensary/nursery/coffeshop is just around the corner… I am a gonna cry!

20 Likes

You should come up in Nov for the Mexico city cup. I will be competing and will maybe have a booth.

12 Likes

So happy for you brother, common sense is finally winning :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I already got invited to this one cup in July, and will be entering to “compete” in the flowers category with both the Alien Rift and LGOGxSF…

They are judging growers not breeders in these cups, cos’ we are in diapers!

HppHrvst

13 Likes

how much flower is required to enter? wish ya luck keep us updated!

1 Like

They are asking for an eight of an ounce to judge it. Ss i am entering both the LGOGxSF and Alien Rift.

Waiting for confirmation as to being able to submit my entry, crossing my fingers!

OFC i will keep you posted, this is my home and you are my family, i will celebrate or cry with you all.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!???

I have been named as a sponsor, and will be giving out clones of sour bubble and grass monkey to everyone. Also, got some seed packs ready for the winners of the cup!

Will mention @Scissor-Hanz and @Pedro_Bann as the breeders of the seeds, since i am giving out 707 Headband and Kronocaine x Herijuana packs to the winners of the event.

Will also be taking my rosin press to play around with people’s weed and so everyone can see it. Also will be taking a my 400W COB rig to show it to people, can you believe it, i am the only person in Costa Rica using these rigs, they were all super impressed!

Thanks overgrow.

Akward petition, if anybody wants to contribute to the Costarican cup, you can send me shirts, seeds, stickers, or whatever paraphernalia you deem just of making an apperance at the cup i will forever be thankful. And will be promoting Overgrow big time! It’s taking place on July the 18th.

Not a hand out, i will reciprocate with something.

9 Likes

Man… I wish I had something to offer…

Sounds like you’re on the cutting edge of CR grow tech!

I’m sure we’ll see an influx of new members after the cup!

Those headbands, are those the tough beans to crack? I soaked 40 got 4 to crack and only one to grow. It’s under 12/12 from seed and I’m hoping it’ll have some fire smoke and I can reveg her, then maybe make some more s1 seed to give out…

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Yes they are and people will be adviced to scuff them before soaking them, maybe a little peroxide will also help, for better oxigenation of the cells during the osmosis at hydrolyzation.

Seeds are good, and produce very good buds!

I got me one of this for those cases… No more losing seeds because of that.

“woodshed13” on IG sells them, seed-cracker!

3 Likes

I agree, I could have done more to help them along like scuffing but I just did the peroxide mix… When I moved my grow to its location now with a foster parent, I explained, ‘this is scissor hands headband, it’s very special to me. Keep her happy. She’s noteworthy.’

1 Like

Give away the new ones I’m sending instead( i’ll send you more), unless you want everyone to hate you, LOL Those headband are hard as a MF’er to germinate. :seedling:

One must summon the spirit of Gregor Mendel to achieve germination rates above 10% :wink:

6 Likes

wow only an 8th thats not bad, must only be a couple judges… the 1 i was thinking of joining wanted 56g of flower or 28g of extracts… good luck on your entries… you’re gonna be famous in the CR scene… maybe you’ll meet some well connected people and start a legal production facility or something :smiley:

7 Likes

Haha that was my experience @Scissor-Hanz. That one I have is precious as hell to me… Lol

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Really would like to have a great keeper in the garden.

1 Like

WOW man! You are an Angel bro, send me more seeds to give out, i am gonna name you as an international contributor, and i thank you a lot. Try to do stealth if it’s not too much to ask…

Maybe a plastic cardboard of sorts like the ones that have rows of empty space in it. They use them for models in architecture and such…

Very good point bro, very good point. Like making a bad name for myself… HAHAHAHA

4 Likes

I will send 2 more. 1 already en route, no tracking though. Hope and prayer and 3 stamps.

In pen ok?

3 Likes

I can see the two ounces for flower, but an ounce of extract? Who the fuck is getting 50% return of quality extracts? It should be about 14g to be fair IMO.

6 Likes

i’m guessing there’s 56 judges, each gets 1g of flower and .5 of extract to sample, i asked multiple times if judging passes were available, how much judging passes cost, etc and they never answered

4 Likes

I guess it’s too hard to weigh out 0.25 gram samples. Yeah I wish I could judge that some time. I would be doing huge dabs all night!

2 Likes