2 liter bottle Ebb&Flow

Hi folks, found some pics from an old grow with a “System” that I not see much over there, but that I had great success with.
It is not meant to be a in depth guide, but some ideas for the creative minds here.

So here are the basics (image from the internet):

You need the “overflow tube”. This is what controls the maximum water level of your system. It is a good idea to use a pipe with larger diameter than the rest of the system, because if your pump is a bit on the strong side it will not drain fast enough and you will end with flood problems. This “overflow tube” will then be connected to your network of bottles.

I did it in the past with pipes (by far my prefered method):

And hoses:

With hoses I had more problems to get a stable water level, but it can be done for sure (use a somewhat weak pump).

To seal the hoses to the bottles i just got some caps from these “sports” water bottles and - in my case - the hose fitted perfectly.
To seal the hoses to pipes i used some pvc glue and done. I also added valves to remove/add bottles as needed.

The bottles where covered with blackout curtains too.

It is important to take some “safety measures” to difficult the roots to clog your bottles. I just put a big chunk of “mosquito screen” on the bottom of bottles. At these pictures you will not see it, and at the “hose” grow I tried use other method that not worked well and almost lead to problems.

Here is a 16 system (hose style) before I put the lava rocks. The plants here were still on DWC (yeah, airlines everywhere). I wanted bigger roots to start the ebb&flow, but was out of space, so I finished the clonning at the netpots DWC style. Put the system on “wet” cycle, turn the pump off, close the return line and you have it.
At the front you can also see my “clonner” bucket.

Here is a picture of this same plants (Female Seeds C99 at left, DNA Kosher Kush at right) a bit later

A bit later (Kosher Kush side)

Some advices:
Lots of small plants. You are growing in super small pots and the roots will start to clog the system if you veg for too long.
This is a super fun system, little maintenance. I did it because the country where I lived was super difficult to find equipament, so I wanted to improvise. I found some info on the internet and adapted for my use.

Hopefully this can help someone in the same way that it helped me :wink:

11 Likes

Nice description of the system. I’ve seen this done with PVC pipes instead of bottles. I’ve debated something like This for my mother plants.

2 Likes

@ReikoX
This is one of my moms/pops ebb&flow tables of my previous lab :

If you need to boost your clone’s productivity for different reasons, it help frankly i swear ^^

6 Likes

These plants look HAPPY :grinning:
I really like the table system. So flexible.

Yeah, you could also do it with only pipes, but these bottles are so easy to swap. And you can also use 3liter ones :blush:

2 Likes