2020 Breeding & Pollen Chucking Projects

I thought it would be fun to share what I’m looking forward to in the upcoming year, and see what things other projects people have in mind.

Here’s a few of my projects & goals:

1. Black Lebanon x Black Afghani - Created the F1’s this year, and saw some really tantalizing results from @Olbrannon and @Leaf. Interesting and complex bouquet of terpenes, good yields, resin and potency. This will be the first project I start next year. F2s soon to be in the works.

2. BlackDak (Black Domina, Afghani Kush, Bubba Kush) - Stunning, knockout. Ultra-dense buds with copious resin. You will go to sleep or it will put you to sleep. I only have these in fem beans, so I’m on a mother hunt. I’ll probably cross it to the 88 G-13/HP from NDNGuy to make regs, and backcross once. Additionally, I want to keep exploring some other outcrosses, and also an incross to some interesting Black Dominas I got from @OleReynard. @Jamescoldflame and @Mongobongo tried some crosses to PTK that looked like contenders as well. I might grow some of those and collect pollen off a few males. I need to find what gets the stretch under control and hopefully improves the branching.

3. Jungle Spice F4 - @AllOra is doing some some male testing, with the 3 best males I pollinated onto my F2 selection female. Based on his results, I’m plan to run a bunch of F3s from the best male and do a F4 seed run for OG. So a year from now, when you’re pollen chucking with JS F4 pollen and realize it turns everything red hot, throw some props at @AllOra!

Other dreams and ideas:

• I got some Axis F2s from @Jamescoldflame, and some Black Congolese IXI seeds to work with. Axis is Black Congo x Ghash, very similar sister strain to JS (also Bodhi). Lately, I keep thinking about making a 75% Black Congo by crossing the IXI to Axis, and then inbreeding for a few generations. I’ll probably also experiment with making an F1 with JS when it’s stable.

• Polyghan - inbreed, inbreed, inbreed! I have a feeling I’ll want this to be stable ASAP.

• Landrace Heirlooms - I have some seeds piles from some interesting places. Tops of my list are Lesotho, Iran, the BluexBlack Lebanese that @DiggySoze tested, Transeki, and GN Lao Sativa. Selections and inbreeding for days.

• Paonia Purple Paralyzer - @Hashtree was kind enough to send me some of his remaining stock. This is an old Western Slope heirloom that’s becoming scarce. I’m gonna pop as many as I can, and OP. Hopefully, I can get you back some more seeds and pollen, amigo!

That’s my not-so-short list. Whaddaya got?

34 Likes

Well, I’m doing the doc d (ass×afkansastan/x18paki) making a few f2s for me and the member who gifted them to me…plan on finding a Male from those and chuck on a few fems. 88ghash, ghost train haze 1,the north, and maybe others haven’t decided. Then I have the cowboy daydreams I’ll test and see what becomes. It’s a cowboy kush Male to a f2 ssdd, also will do the cowboy kush ×pretty wickedf2 , also got some pretty wicked bx I need to get to. I’m also looking forward to the blue og ×sl bx…and i95×stardawg f2 from @GrowHard…oh and the alien tahoe /soulfood cross…and definitely digging deeper in these black Dak crosses from @lefthandseeds…those fems sound good… and it’ll be interesting to see that axis work you’ll do…oh and I second it…black dak make you go night night…or say least the crosses do.

11 Likes

That i95 is nightrider from gps? I haven’t tried it yet, but I grabbed a pack a bit ago. Seems pretty interesting!

5 Likes

Yes I believe it is…I’m certainly pumped about them .might finally squeeze in a couple irukandji × stardawg in as well… idk iknow they probably get tall…(chem d/bubba×pestalice)× stardawg.

3 Likes

You sound like a super busy guy with all that going on. Thanks for including me in some of the testing. It’s been fun and I can’t wait to give you a full report once everything finishes up.

Im not 100% sure what chucks will come Of this year. Probably lots of SourD, ROcky Mountain High and Oregon huckleberry chucks. I’ll probably F2 a few different strains as well. Not sure which ones though. :v:

10 Likes

Yo, and have you tried the Azad Kashmir? The pack you have is my two favorite parents I’ve found thus far.

My goal for 2020 is an outdoor strain acclimatized to 42.0N

8 Likes

@Mongobongo…there’s some supposedly sour d , and sour tangie f2 being popped over here also was thinking of a bx…but I’m not sold on sour d reg beans… @DiggySoze don’t worry azad…will be ran with the afghan/hp run I planning little later on…got 2 purple kush in solo now… attempted hindu kush but not successful I don’t think. But plan on azad, Afghan 1, Afghan kush, mazar I sharif ,88ghash and a few others. Just had the thought I’ll do it when I run the black dak crosses…I’m re veging the bd×ca, and kept a bd×ptk cutting. Hey @lefthandseeds…oohh a bd×deep chunk, or that 90s Afghan the real seed co. Has right now.

5 Likes

Gonna hunt for a nice phenotype in some cream manderines, and just run a lot of seeds to see what pops up

Also will gonna go back into my F2’s to make another dark spark pairing or two , im gonna be looking for a green airy phenos and a purple calyx fruit/floral dominant phenos to try and lock down those traits within their own branches.

11 Likes

Lol. I meant @lefthandseeds traded him a pack from the first batch of Azad Kashmir I produced. I guess it applies to a bunch of people now tho. :grin: @Jamescoldflame Your batch is same mother, different father.

7 Likes

Oh yeah! Actually maybe I’ll try running a few of those first with the black Afghan/Leb. What is the height like on those?

Also – outdoor acclimation to 40N is one of the things I want to do with the Lesotho. It’s as good a match that exists for a Colorado sativa.

7 Likes

Working on a backcross of my grape Rebellion atm along with some platinum pineapple that are on there 4th backcross.
Then mota rebels ghostridge og x the ghost cut.

9 Likes

I just picked up a couple of packs I may fool around with this year.

2 packs of Pine Tar Gush from Tony’s Tortured Beans

and

Triangle Kush S1 from CSI Humboldt

Still trying to decide what I would like to do. I really want some solid Pine smells. I hear the Triangle S1 is loaded with pheno’s and of course Pine Tar Gush has it. Pine Tar Kush x GG#4 caught my eye.

8 Likes

Plans for 2020
Harvest seeds from first breeding attempt(s)end of jan

1.TiramisuV2 (mandelbrots breath) x e pupil
&
2.TiramisuV2 (mandelbrots breath) x blueberries n chocolate

The e pupil cross im naming
breath of the beast®
Starting february i will run that cross 4x4 plot cloning everything for keeper fems and hit with male of same strain making an h2 hybrid and real amount of seeds to work with.
After that is done(6months prob) I will do the same to the blueberries n chocolate cross.
If time permits ill go on to my cake project.
Also looking to add mac x aaw to lineup.
Its mac S1 x aaw ( sour apple x tahoe alien) so thats bound to get hit with tiramisu pollen i have saved unless i get a male in the seeds of it.

10 Likes

Noice. What a lineup.

2 Likes

I’ve got mac x aaw too. Don’t believe the mac is an s1 though. Same guy also crossed aaw to sour larry pebbles and dla5.

4 Likes

Yup same guy pretty sure. Its all tester stage but ive seen some of the mac x aaw finished. Chit looks good. Im gonna run it. I thought it was s1. Might not be Yeah he said ill prob want some of the dla cross too. Its looking good also.

Looking at it it is mac x aaw not mac s1. Thats right i think it was a certified cap cut supposedly all 3 crosses came out good according to ppl i know that ran em already

5 Likes

Not a whole lot planned but I have 3x Death Bubba bagseeds going now. Hoping for a male to hit my Skunk91, Chem D, and GMO with. Looking for that super gas!!!
Death bubba is an all time fav of mine.

:crossed_fingers:
Cheers all. May your pollen be viable and your buds be fat.

11 Likes

I recently seen some death bubba crosses somewhere it kinda caught my attention.

4 Likes

Weed and seed.

Got some blue cheese bag seed from a dispo thinking I might see whats in there. Beautiful brown plump beans.

Gave away some Master Kush seeds was the same and report came back all females but they were good and he had no hermie issues in an outdoor so those are a thing. About 30 of those

A fem from @lefthandseeds the Low Dak is one and I want to run some Sour Bubble x PAK from Pedro_Bann and some Ghash

Then I’m still hoping I can talk Lefthandseeds into hitting that JS with the PTK and sending me a few beans to pine pheno hunt. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Have some F1 Kashmir x auto seeds.

The plan as it stands is to backcross with the auto again to give a 50:50 ratio in the F2. Then IX the F2s that autoflower for Full-Auto Kashmir F3s.
The alternative is to just IX the F1s, but plant limits make culling 75%+ of the F2s unreasonable :expressionless: The allure of this method would be a greater trend towards the Kashmir genes from the start.

If I do BX to the auto in this first generation, I’ll probably use the full auto F3s to turn another pure photoperiod Kashmir into a full auto, to trend back towards their genotype. Would only take one year to do the extra steps.
At an impasse as to what I’m gunna do next, so any input is welcome.

5 Likes