2020 Cannabis with Meesh

Meesh your husband is a bonafide stoner only criteria will it get me good and stoned :+1:it was crazy how quickly the stock got sucked up.You will not be disappointed with the Shishkaberry and you will love the MauwiWowiCherryBomb phenoā€¦I am growing Sebrings f4 version of it now.At 25 days into 12/12 it was already making a blizzard on the leaves.And the smell is off the charts.I have a grow thread going of it now hitting day 40 of 12/12 now.

This was at 4wks

13 Likes

Oh man, I hope itā€™s just close to the first MW I smoked on Oahu in '76 or '77. What a memory!

5 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss! See I ā€œNEEDā€ this in my life!!! :joy: :joy: She is beautiful! @Herbie just turned me on to your log the other day. Stoked!

5 Likes

Its a dream to grow.No issues at all other than they wanna grow bigā€¦I will be doing a lot of topping,fimming and training on future runs.The different levels of aroma transport you to the islands. I swear i was getting buzzed having long hard deep inhales of the buds :crazy_face:

@GMan its from 79 thus the name 79MauwiWowieCherryBomb pheno.I had MW here in 81 and it was killer.Thats why when mongo sent me some of Sebrings they were in the dirt asap and from what i am seeing i do not think we will be disappointedā€¦

7 Likes

Sounds perfect for my garden! lol

5 Likes

Completely forgot to tell you that Dad has decided to build a insect barrier over the veggie patch next year. I was having a plumber come out for my garbage disposal and kitchen faucet replacement anyway. So Dad dug out the water line in a quick little ditch that goes right down the backyard path into the veggie patch. I had the plumber patch in a new hose bib aka spigot right inside the veggie patch, so I can keep the hose inside the bug enclosure. Iā€™ll post up a pic in a minute. Got to switch to my phone. Itā€™s also super convenient for watering some of my flower beds too. I donā€™t have to drag the hose through the plants and pots and such.

Itā€™s filled back in now

12 Likes

Wow! Fancy. So, youā€™re gonna build a 2 story insect barrier? You remember how tall you grow your girls, lolā€¦ Thatā€™ll be really nice. Iā€™d like to have an enclosure with at least some shade cloth on top for the hail and sun but the way my yard it is Iā€™ll draw more attention to my plants if I did thatā€¦ I do have one area that I might be able to do a small one next to my barn/garage. The barn wall is on the north side but I worry about it getting too hot. Maybe if I did the shade cloth. I might start building that this winter.

Man, those trichomes have infected the whole fan leaves. I think a few of those seeds are going swimming today! :thinking:

3 Likes

Let me just tell ya about Dad and the insect barrier. First, he put up a stink and we had an argument about it. Then a week later he has a piece of the agricultural insect barrier sent to my house, so he could play with it. Since then, he has messed with it every way to Sunday. Heā€™s now on a mission trying to figure out if he can just buy pieces in 10 x 10ā€™ and somehow seem them together. He tried about 3 different types of heat to seam them to no avail and has since bought a hand held sewing machine and called to tell me that is the ticket. The man loves to bitch a bit, but really he loves these projects I put him on. Heā€™s retired and it gives him something to do where he feels useful. I believe it also keeps his brain sharp figuring out how to carry out these projects. It also gives him good reasons to come over more often and spend time with me (I love that part).

As of now, at this early stage, he has some simple plan formulated which involves just putting some sort of tall layer on the trellises so they will also support the bug enclosure as well as trellis the plants. Who knows what it will evolve into after he has 9 months messing with his idea. I know that it will be put up and designed as a tear down every year and just used during flower.

12 Likes

We are finally getting normal fall weather again and by that I mean itā€™s beautiful and in the 70ā€™s. No more scorching heat of summer. Once my grow harvested, looking around at the shit show that is my flower beds, I felt overwhelmed. When the cannabis starts flowering in the dead heat of summer, once I tend to them, Iā€™ve already been in he sun too long and ignore everything but watering everything else in my garden. This is actually fine, because my summer flowers do their thing and then start dying off anyway once the weed is done. However, no pruning or weeding takes place so you can imagine how ugly and grown over with grass the planters get.

I was super tired after the season and just didnā€™t really want to look at the planters even. As of yesterday, looking at the planters isnā€™t overwhelming now and my inner gardener has perked up and wants to work with my flowers again and putt around in my garden. Unfortunately, I have been slammed with some jobs and donā€™t have too much time right now to spend out there. I did start small yesterday and spent about 45 minutes pruning, pulling out spent annuals and cutting some plants to the basal growth on all of my containers by my back door. It felt so relaxing and productive. As soon as I finish off these pressing work matters, Iā€™m happy to put my gardening hat back on and start tackling the rest of the garden 1 sq ft at a time. Gardener Meesh is back! lol

8 Likes

welcome back !!

3 Likes

You da best girl!!

3 Likes

Next time I water, Iā€™m gonna throw a bunch of sweet alyssum seeds around where Dad dug the little ditch for the new hose bib. Before the grass fills in again, Iā€™m hoping to start a mini carpet of flowers instead of the damn bermuda grass. lol I hate that shit. Hereā€™s hoping it works. The alyssum grows as fast as the grass, so it may just work.

7 Likes

When I read those articles about harvesting in the dark, it mentioned something about how it also makes your cured and dried bud burn properly. I can not remember why (stoner). Well, none of last yearā€™s bud would stay lit and I couldnā€™t figure out why. This yearā€™s bud all stays lit now. All signs point to harvesting in the dark. So far, everything they said in that article has been accurate. I mention this because it was really frustrating having to relight my joints after every hit last year. lol Itā€™s the little things in life, yā€™all. A nice joint that stays lit.

9 Likes

i bitched for years about the Bahia my parents planted. Have always favored centipede and St Augustineā€¦but ymmv both will save you on lawn mowers and their repair.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great with your dad. Iā€™m glad you guys get to spend the time together. Cherish it while you have it! Iā€™m sure he has lots of experience in things as well, so Iā€™m sure heā€™s more than capable to tackle all of your projects. I like that sort of stuff, too. I did construction and remodeling a good bit of my life. I DIY everything, myself, lol.

I gotta try that dark method. I felt guilty cutting every one of my plants this year because I didnā€™t want to get up a 5, heh. Iā€™ll try and train for the future. Man, I had a strain a few years ago that would burn forever. Itā€™s the only strain Iā€™ve ever grown like it. I could take one good hit, cough my ass off, and I would have to wait to smoke more. Plus is was very strong. Iā€™d look down in my lap at the bowl I had been holding only to see a little stream of smoke after 5 min. or more. I have to grow it again. It was the one that reeked of dirty socks or something rank, but was so dank it was good.

Iā€™m getting geeked out again. My only plants growing now are inside and small. Iā€™m starting to think of more seeds to drop. Plus, I must have 50 crosses Iā€™ve accidentally/intentionally made by now. The last few batches have me excited to start growing some of them. Iā€™m about to have another 4 plants worth of beans from @SamwellBBā€™s plants. They might be really good. Iā€™m going to organize them all out this winter and let some peeps grow them and I want to, too. Iā€™m stoked to be able to sit at the computer again after most of the summer too busy to. peace yā€™all

4 Likes

Well now that is interesting otoh IME (40+ years of rolling joints and over 3 years altogether of rolling such as Bugler and Top -trying to be cheap in lean times) it is the way it is rolled that allows it to keep burningā€¦

Now the cure does matter no doubt. As does the weed eh ? :slight_smile: but it is not easy to get it just right. Rolling is an art. It needs to be consistent texture and all busted up ā€¦even grinders leave small nugs that need to be busted up. And then if you get it right it does not run.

I have only succeeded in getting all of it right once so far (2+ years) and that was with the SSDD f2ā€™s from Sebring.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll bring some clothes for him to mend when I visit next. :joy_cat:

:ramen:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Good to know I just jarred some up guess I donā€™t need this one for a bedtime dose ā€¦ any ideas how UFS does for sleep?

2 Likes

If you have the sour orange pheno itā€™s racy and wirey.

The UFS isnā€™t sleepy necessarily, but it wonā€™t keep you up. Itā€™s good for anytime really.

4 Likes

I had a sleep test about a month ago. Results came back. Apparently, I stop breathing a minimum of 12 times per hour or every 5 minutes and my oxygen levels drop to 70. They are supposed to send me a sleep machine. Iā€™m telling ya, I donā€™t know what the hell Iā€™m gonna do with myself if I actually start feeling rested during the day. Iā€™ve literally been exhausted for over a decade.

12 Likes