2020 Deep Ellum FREE Seed Giveaway - Closed

Getting mildew I can understand, it happens in dark, humid places, but the mites didn’t just show up… they came with the cutting you received from your friend.
Did you tell your friend he has mites?

3 Likes

yes, but I don’t think he was receptive to my constructive criticism.
yeah they definitely came from his grow, although he shrugged and blamed it on the people who gifted us the cuttings. I think that’s unlikely, no way they could operate successfully for 35 years without being able to spot a mite infestation, and at least they would have experience dealing with pests.
I got the cuts looking healthy again with a one month outdoor quarantine, but I still didn’t want to risk any cross contamination with my own grow.

5 Likes

Quarantine is always the best option when receiving cuts from other sources.

If you would have integrated that cutting into your grow, you may have invited a mite infestation of your very own. That’s no fun.

8 Likes

THANK YOU ALL for participating…

This giveaway is now CLOSED.

winners will be notified shortly,.

One quick note if I may,
Our giveaway was made possible in-part because of this platform. Because of Overgrow. If you’d like to continue to be able to share information and content, connect with each other and see more giveaways like this one, then consider donating a small amount ($1 -$5 usd) to Overgrow. Your generous donation will ensure that Overgrow will continue to be safe haven and a beacon of knowledge for years to come. Contact @LemonadeJoe for information on how you can contribute.

31 Likes

yeah now take cuts of those, and throw away the original cuts u received.
drench yur new cuts in neem… place a NPS (no pest strip) inside the humidity dome with yur new cuttings as they root. beetoven (it is an insect bomb) the qurantine area.

operate with the assumption that any cut you recieve will have mites… even store-bought cuts can arrive with mites, so just assume any cut, regardless of source, has mites… imy SOP for recieveing a new cut is to Isolate, treat, clone. throw away…

some people are hardheaded… your obligation is to inform him that his shit’s got mites… thats all you can do… he should be thanking you for spotting that problem and telling him… but, if he chooses to ignore that, then its his garden that will suffer…

19 Likes

Thanks! Info about supporting us through Patreon is here:

23 Likes

Best of luck to everyone who entered

8 Likes

Woo Got me some Hoooo!!! Thank you Thank you thank you. Now to find out what. Be right back.

9 Likes

Thank you. @deep_rob and drdank . most generous! I’ll buy you a beer soon! I’ll start working the blu as soon as I get. I love this place!:v:

5 Likes

Were you the winner? Never heard any more.

5 Likes

And, his business and reputation, right along with it…

4 Likes

Mustve sent PMs.20cha

3 Likes

I won as well. Was gonna post a pic when they got here. Thanks again Rob!

8 Likes

I also won!
Thank you @deep_rob and Dr Dank for a chance to grow these spectacular crosses! The genetics in all these crosses are what compelled me to enter in the first place! A lot of these genetics are hard to find and can’t wait to pheno hunt!

I’m planning on starting a grow log, here, when I start these. It’ll be fun!

13 Likes

Congrats to you both :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks @deep_rob, the seeds got here today! Can’t wait to run the Northern Lights and yes there will be a grow log! Thanks again!!

15 Likes

Congrats everyone. Very very nice. Big ups to @deep_rob and Dr Dank. These 3 strains all sound so nice.

I just re-read the first post, and now I’m happy again. I’d love to get your catalog for this year and get your NL. I’ll hit up Indy to see if I can get the #5. I saw aa NL#5 x Alaskan Thunderfuck pic from him today. I was going to PM him but haven’t yet. Thanks for the tip. I have some of Indican’s stuff and he’s getting the right genetics for sho.

Let us know when or how to get the catalog or message me. peace

15 Likes

Yep I’ll be looking for his catalog

8 Likes

Deepellumseeds.com has a few there

4 Likes

Fone’s been down.

14 Likes