2023 Canadian Secret Santa Wiki CLOSED

Who is this? :grin:

2 Likes

I am not writing any secret santa stuff on the box. It’s a good way to invite postal thievery when sending from rural areas. I’ll just make up a name for sender and receiver so tempted hands don’t know it’s a christmas gift persay.
Last year I made the mistake of posting one of those made up names so the “secret” was kinda ruined LOL but that’s okay because now I follow that users grow threads :wink:

fun times!! I’m excited for what this year may bring everyone

8 Likes

Look I found in a Game stop flyer @Yetigrows

6 Likes

I don’t think Canada Post gives a crap about the name…just the address.

This is how a buddy received a package about a year ago…had to take a pic… :rofl:

13 Likes

I had to resend a box that was sent to a P.O. Box but never arrived last year. it was addressed to secret Santa and tracking showed delivered. Recipient said it never arrived. But I think mine was the only issue.

5 Likes

My wife and I had a good chuckle about this yesterday but it got me thinking, what does the kind of person who would buy such a thing do with it? Serious question. Do they put it on the shelf to show off? Do they open it to give it a smell to either experience the smell or see if they got ripped off? Do they buy 2, one for testing and one for showing? So many questions flooded my mind. I mean, after all, this is a person who would buy a fart in a jar. Who knows what goes on in their head :rofl:

6 Likes

I mean it’s a secret up until you get it, then does it really matter? Be nice for folks to know IMO. Whoever I send to will know because my name will be on the return label, lol. Whatever folks decide if cool with me.

6 Likes

Last year I got pinched for handing out all my known beans. LOL

7 Likes

I thought it was a scratch n sniff :confused: deal.

4 Likes

I do like the idea if “Secret” cause everyone shows off the gift and is happy and thanks everyone. Unless they recognize the address, then it’s :smirk: no longer “Secret”. Otherwise it doesn’t matter to me. BUT for 2023 let’s keep it a secret :wink:

7 Likes

Save that for the underwear it’s wrapped in.

4 Likes

:face_vomiting: LOL

Sure thing brother. It makes no difference to me. As the Canadian distributor I have most of the Canadian OGers addresses so it’s never a secret to me, lol. Also no secret in who I send to since my name will be on the package and I think most here know my name. But yeah, I get the idea of keeping it a secret my friend so I won’t tell. :v:

7 Likes

Big thanks to @CADMAN for organizing for THREE years in a row now… that deserves some recognition!

5z181f

13 Likes

Shit man… sorry to hear that. I’ll remove my
Foot from my mouth now lol

For my flex delivery address (aka PO Box) there is no name required. It’s a number within the address that identifies me, so all I have to do is show my ID at the post office where I designate my flex delivery packages to go to. I would suggest everyone set one of these up if you’re super concerned. It’s pretty easy, you can download the Canada Post app or create an account on the Canada Post website and create a flex delivery address on there.

8 Likes

Its not mandatory to have a name on the return address for Canada Post if you don’t want! Just an option… I often don’t put a name and I don’t think it has been a problem.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s up to everyone how they do it. Personally, I want my info there in case of a issue so they can return it to me but that’s just me. I have dealt with hundreds of members on OG and the paranoia levels range from no cares at all to batshit crazy. It’s up to each individual to deal with their stuff however they feel is best for their circumstances.

10 Likes

Untitled

8 Likes

Nope. That would be my ballsack.

3 Likes

was wondering if anyone else noticed …

2023 canadain secret

6 Likes

Lol, nope but I just fixed it.

3 Likes