2023 Massachusetts Outdoor Growing

And so it begins, another year of the magicaly delicious outdoor grow season.
Usually, I start my photo regs in Mid-April, just to be sure.
This year I’ll be starting a but early as I wanna do some LST and possible Mothering. I have full plots and will be growing too much to list here. But believe me, it’s gonna be a great year. I can feel it.

31 Likes

If the weather is like the previous year or similar, definitely will be a great year.

If it was like 2021s monsoon again…oooof. Plan accordingly!

I can’t wait either. The NE can be a pain sometimes climatewise but when it works, it’s so beautiful.

7 Likes

It’s early yet, but FWIW Farmer’s Almanac is predicting June and July will be wetter than normal, but Aug-Oct will be drier than normal. If it holds true we could be looking at a warmer but drier than normal October. :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

Im with ya fam, have both the veg and flowering compost bins and piles heatin up hot, lets get it cookin!

8 Likes

Well it’s gonna be snowing for a minute.
There is no sound like the sound of silence during a night snowstorm. Amazingly peaceful.

7 Likes

Im guna follow along im in south western mass so this will b fun to watch

4 Likes

Western Mass here too, lower Valley indoor guy but I’ll be helping out some older folks this summer with their outdoor as a learning experience for all of us. Tagged in for the summer grow show!

6 Likes

Ok, getting low on herbs, but I’ll make it thru summer, (maybe?)

Rolling a fatties, comics and mailing stuff stacked on bed today. Getting it done worldwide. That’s how we do!!

4 Likes

But wheres the strains u will be growing??

I must know! :flushed:

1 Like

You shall have to wait my friend, until that time comes. I pop my regular photos in mid April. All I can tell you at this point is I will be for SURE, growing @Shoreline Bubblgum. Wedding Cake, Kush Mint, ECSD, maybe others. Also doing a Blueberry run, BC Bud, some of my crosses from last year, and some testers for a few different companies. Stay tuned.

8 Likes

Guess I’ll be taking my seat in the back!
Gonna have to hit that refreshments table while I wait lol

3 Likes

Ya we gonna get jiggy with it.

1 Like

Lil heads popping up. Gonna be a festival in Greenfield in August, applied for a table with Dragon Exotics…

3 Likes

No idea what the Russian stuff is…

420 Rules in MASSACHUSETTS!!!

3 Likes

https://www.recorder.com/New-England-s-First-Seed-Store-50286870?fbclid=PAAaZIzEMzzlKJePBNwl3gBMkWEA06U6c7QZ0qDvTP8vAQvXYlEkL9L3Tdejw

U guys see this? Store opening in greenfield just to sell seeds! I find it interesting that they are opening a store just for seeds and not a dispo… thoughts??:thinking:

5 Likes

Yeah, here’s my thoughts. Gonna get ripped off and pay ridiculous prices for beans. If you’re around Gtown, contact me directly my PM here.

4 Likes

Lol it’s the Chai Life guy! I’ve seen that account and it’s all Aficionado and other breeders with their shit in little heady glass jars and wax seals for like $150-200, nah. I mean I’ll probably drop by at some point to take a look when I’m there, but my expectations are not high when it comes to it being anything other than hype from a white Rasta and an in-line skate hypebeast. Kinda harsh maybe but those two guys are my least favorite thing about the area- white reggae dudes and expat NYC media dudes who say things like “Greenfield is the next Brooklyn on its way to becoming the next Manhattan” and also accuse other people of being lost in the sauce? Hahahaha

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Now that’s funny. O n ly thing Greenfield is on its way to being is the next Turners Falls.

3 Likes

This might be useful for anyone who currently thinking about when to pop seeds or clone for outdoor if you haven’t already:

Freeze/Frost Chart for Massachusetts from the UMass Agricultural Extension

freeze_frost_MA.pdf (124.0 KB)

6 Likes