2024 New England/Upstate NY Outdoor Growing Discussion

Hi everyone, I thought I’d go ahead and start one of these for the year, I will be popping more seeds as the season approaches, but right now my plan is to take cuts and have a bunch of clones ready, as well as selecting some seedlings from my current batch of adolescents to veg and train then acclimate to the outdoor weather as spring rolls in. Where I am the last frost is expected in late May, so plenty of time still, but I know people have plans so let’s hear it!

28 Likes

I’m going to run MOB, a couple autos, and maybe blockberry and Halle Berry to see how they do outside up here because they are gorgeous. Might pop a weighted blanket cut out there as well.we shall see.

12 Likes

you kicked me out cause im LI?
:pouting_cat:

3 Likes

Set to stalk :rofl:

3 Likes

I mean, it’s just not the same at all.

3 Likes

Show up anyway!! What can happen :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I have a fire escape. I have used it before. Following along.

2 Likes

Have we decided where Block Island stands? In or out? It’s part of the state of Rhode Island on one hand, but on the other it’s in the Long Island Sound, sketchy if you ask me

7 Likes

Let them in :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Let me check my map of the equator.

3 Likes

Technically, Rhode Island is a suburb of Massachusetts.

6 Likes

Let them in!

4 Likes

The geographic area for this discussion thread was clear, you’re not in it, and seem to be offended. Please stop posting in my NE thread

1 Like

You mean “This is what’s wrong with the internet?” Looking forward to a great 2024 season here in New England. Good luck to everybody growing in this sometimes heartbreaking climate.

3 Likes

I’m hoping for a dryer but not dry summer this year. That’d be nice.

4 Likes

Has/is anyone running any of Tony Green’s sour bubble work outside in Northern NE?

1 Like

Join my new thread “NYC Growers Discussion, Fuck Everyone Else.” :laughing:

Actually, following along here and wishing I had space for an outdoor grow.

7 Likes

Nope but I want to try some this year, I have a bunch of his seeds and one or two ladies definitely need to get tried outdoors this summer! If I’m popping more seeds for summer then it’s definitely going to be some TGTB, Cannaventure, Copa, and FDM maybe Hoku too

2 Likes

Upstate NY

So far I have African Silk, Nigerian Yoruba Bantu hitting flower today. Taking cuts of females for outdoors. In addition, I have multiple Mazar females, Double OG Chem females, Desert Skunk, Mazar/Haze pollen chucks, more African Silk, The One x R2NL2, Sour D (weasels) in veg.

Planning a project which will include’
Mazar, DOG Chem, Sinai, and NL1 females being hit by a 88G13HP male. Anyone ever grow a good number of the ndnguy repro? Any standouts to keep an eye out for?

And would like to hunt a larger population of African Silk F2s I made last fall.

Plenty going on here glad to see people getting things started.

14 Likes

For those growing in holes outside, what is your process? Hole sizes, soil used, etc? My cow poo pile has been breaking down and cooking since mid/late Sept. I’d love to use her manure this year but don’t want to screw any grows up. For those of y’all that use manure, how long do you compost before you use it? When using manure in your mix what’s the ratio of your manure to soil/peat/sand/etc that has been consistently working for you?

My previous outdoor grows were in my own mixed soil on the ground. No till, no bag or pot, just a bed with plants spaced evenly. I’d like to be more efficient this year and years to come. Appreciate the feedback.

2 Likes