21 Strain Cross with Reversed Sherb Cream Pie

I am reconstructing this thread for the forum. I will notate when it is current.
-al

21 Strain Cross with Reversed Sherb Cream Pie

Here we go again!

This time we are reversing the lovely Sherb Cream Pie. She’s a medium/tall big purple budded plant with a terpene profile of fruit and gas that prickles the nose. The buzz is immediate and penetrating with good duration.

Here’s a guide to the participants:

ANTR - Animal Tree (Lemon Tree x Animal Mints Bx1) Seed Junky

APBN - Apples and Bananas Blue Power, Grand Daddy Purple, Platinum Cookies

BRLC- Black Rock Lava Cake (Thin Mints x Grape Pie) Ver12 Best Potent Cake

BSCT - Biscotti (Gelato 25 x South Florida OG)

BTFL - Black Truffle (Pure Michigan x White Truffle) breeders cut

CDRB - Cadillac Rainbows (Runtz x Pure Michigan)

CHSF - Cherry Souffle Trevor’s cut

FASF - Fire as Fuck (Gelato 45 x Jet Fuel Gelato)

GDGP - Gran Dawgy Purps (Grand Daddy Purple x Chemdog) al’s cut

GPCC - Grape Cream Pie (Ice Cream Cake x Grape Pie Wedding Crasher)

GSTP - Gastro Pop (Apples n Bananas x Grape Gas)

ICCC - Ice Cream Cake (Wedding Cake x Gelato #33)

LMIC - Lemon Icee (Lemon Mints x Icee Sherbert) by TikiMadMan

PLCG - Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Cannatique cut

PTBK - Point Break (Tropicana Cookies x Trophy Wife) June 2022 HT Centerfold by Phat Panda

SBCP - Sherb Cream Pie Chromatic Cultivation cut

SBRZ - Strawberry Runtz (Strawberry Gelato x Runtz) GRF strain

SKBY - Skunk Berry odiferous old time sativa

SPBF - Super Boof (Black Cherry Punch x Tropicana Cookies) Multiple Cup Winner

WAGL - White Angel (Hell’s Angel’s Kush x The White) al’s cut

WTFL - White Truffle (GG4xPeanut Butter Breath) BeLeaf cut

YAH4 - YaHemi #4 (Project 4561 x Melonatta) Grandiflora Unicorn pheno

Our plan is to bloom out the first 18 in Unit 1 and the remainder in a follow up Unit. We are using larger plants in this run, since we don’t have any dupes planned.

Here’s our she-male getting her first taste of silver:

I’m so excited to do this cross. My mind keeps rolling through all the interesting combination of traits we have possible. The looming challenge is to grow all these strains together with common nutes. But hey, that’s what I do!

-al

15 Likes

Day 0 Bloom

To the Bloom Boom Room!

Unit:

Cover Sheet:

Side:

Everyone is healthy, albeit looking a bit bedraggled from the transplant. I selected and placed clones in the unit based on their relative size and age to hopefully create a nice colosseum. We have about a week to move anyone around.

I started the nutes just a touch lite, since I don’t want to take a chance of burning any sensitive roots.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

6 Likes

Day 7 Bloom Update

Unit:

Side:

Data:

Everyone is happy and has put on two sets of new leaves and 2 – 6 inches. None of our participants are showing nute stress in any direction. YAH4 and ICCC have jumped up the most and loom over the rest from the corners.

So far, we have bumped the light output to 75%. They have eaten once and been been sprayed twice with al’s Super Feed N Kill Foliar Spray as noted with the circled s on the data sheet.

All of my recipe details can be found in the 4 Crosses of Slapz thread.

We will start trellising and pruning next!

-al

7 Likes

She/Male Update

Here’s our girl today at 21 days of bloom. Right now there are only female flowers, but bananas will start to form in the next few days, followed by full blown male flowers.

You will notice that this plant is 2 weeks ahead of the girls in the bloom room. This timing provides the strongest pollen early for younger girls.

The reason for this is to produce the strongest, most developed, seeds possible.

Cause that’s how I like it, “Better Living Through Chemistry” and all.

-al

5 Likes

Day 14 Bloom Update

Unit:

Lush green growth continues as the plants hit the explosive stretch period over the next 10 days.

Data:

The plants are now eating every other day through stretch. Pruning and pinching are now being used to control the relative heights of all these different strains.

Side:

The custom trellis allows for ultimate control of each plant. Thanks to the pepper grower folks that I appropriated the tech from.

Canopy:

This shot shows how different the strains really are.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

5 Likes

Day 21 Bloom Update

Unit:

The stretch is on! Lots of “touchdowning” leaves and fingertip sized buds.

Data:

The plants have been eating heavily and required 2 pH adjustments.

Side:

Canopy:

A look at all the different structures in our cross.

-al

6 Likes

Come See the Girls!

Walk Through of the Sherb Cream Pie Project

(27) 21 Strain Cross of Sherb Cream Pie - 21 Days Bloom Walk Through - YouTube

1 Like

The thread is now current.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

1 Like

Helluva lineup! Where did you acquire all these genetics? Which cross are you looking forward to the most? What kind of hydro setup are you running? What are you feeding? How about light?

You asked for questions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::v:t2:

3 Likes

Where did you acquire all these genetics?

From GreenRushFarms.net . My job is to create new crosses and find the all the best ones for our clients. If you see something you like here, the folks at GRF will be happy to ship it across the states.

Which cross are you looking forward to the most?

Everyone on the list is selected because I think the combination of the parents has the potential to make exceptional daughters. So picking is tuff, but I like mixing old strains with modern ones, so forced to choose, it has to be WAGL or GDGP. But a real monster in every category will be ICCC.

What kind of hydro setup are you running? What are you feeding? How about light?

I’m running syntho/biotic aeroponic tech in old GH aeroflo 36s. The lights are Growers Choice 720s.

My nutes are a combination of organic teas and synthetics. I also supplement with foliar sprays. All my recipes can be found in the 4 Crosses of Slapz thread here in the als_weed forum.

Thanks for the questions!

-al

6 Likes

Thanks even more for the detailed answers man! Plants look great!

3 Likes

She-Male Update

Here them/they are as the transition chamber does its job and male flowers begin to appear.

Transition Shot:

Near the tops, male flowers begin to peak through the early female flowers.

Lower Bud:

In the lower buds, the male flowers dominate.

We will begin pollen collection in about a week!

-al

5 Likes

Oh mate some lovely crosses you have pur together!
Man that white Angel sounds like a dream. I’ll definitely check this out as it goes be really interesting to see how it goes, best of luck with the grow brother :+1:

1 Like

Day 28 Bloom Update

Unit:

We are almost at peak stretch. Looks like we will only have a few tops in the lights, tho the PLCG still has a couple weeks of growth to go.

Data:

We had our first res change and the plants continue to eat heavily. 3 applications of als Super Feed N Kill Floliar Spray have hit the plants this week as denoted by the circled s. I have started removing leaves in the intermediate bud zone. Our sprays will soon only be targeted at the remaining lower fan leaves, letting us feed and protect the plants without risk of bud rot.

Side:

Our plants continue to express their joy with “touchdowns” everywhere you look.

Canopy:

We still have lime green explosive growth across the fairly even canopy.

Lots of exciting things are coming soon: PK boosting, final leaf pick, and most importantly, pollination.

-al

5 Likes

Very nice looking grow.

1 Like

35 Days Bloom Update

Unit:

The girls have stopped stretching and started to stack buds.

Data:

The plants have slowed their eating with the slow in stretch. They got their first PK boost and continue to get foliar sprays.

Side:

Center:

Colors and smells are starting to come in.

ICCC:

Ice Cream Cake is such a pretty plant, ‘touchdowning’ and smelling like vanilla.

Our She-Male is about a week late in producing pollen. I may have to take some actions to ensure we get some. It’s never a complete sure thing in reversing plants because there are many failure points. This is after all an experiment, and as such, failure is always possible.

-al

3 Likes

She-Male Update

To the Bloom Boom Room:

I have moved her to the bloom room for a couple reasons. First is that the transition chamber is the coldest part of the lab and gets “last air” for pollen containment. Second, is that our window to produce healthy finished seeds will close soon, so any pollen shed will not have to get collected first.

Confused Flowers:

We have female flowers, bare bananas, and male flowers evident in this shot.

We need pollen within 10 days. I have placed a heater next to the plant to keep it around 80 while the rest of the room stays at 72. If I don’t see open flowers in the next few days, I’ll flash freeze some male pods, then crunch them up and ‘paint’ them on our moms.

The discoloration you see is from the silver. I gave the plant extra applications because she was slow to respond, and as a consequence, she has a bit of silver burn.

Every reversal is its own story. This one is a little more difficult, but I’m confident we will still end up with viable seeds.

-al

5 Likes

Howdy, nice walkthrough, thanks
Hapi growing

2 Likes

42 Days Bloom Walk Through

Come see the garden!

3 Likes

42 Days Bloom Update

Unit:

It’s a run to the finish, as the plants stack and swell. The pinching is done and only the occasional leaf removal remains of trellis work.

Data:

The plants got another PK boost and continue to eat regularly.

Side:

Center:

Lots of happy plants. You can lose a lot of time staring at the tapestry of strains. One of the best joys of this work.

Preggo Bud:

Just Preggo Bud:

Looks like our she/male has done the job! Lots of swollen calyxes and brown pistols everywhere you look. Seeds are not confirmed yet, but another step is complete in the process.

-al

1 Like