3 finger fan leaf trait

What are any known genetics that throw 3 fingers for its entire life?
No cuts please. Unless this trait shows in offspring. Ducksfoot accepted.

1 Like

Yup i brought them up on here elsewhere. An old head told me it is known with real ogk. The better cuts. I have a blotto ogk from mosca seeds that does it. Guess his" legend" ogk line comes from a real og cut

Picture of satanic leaf…not a 3 banger. Later.
-J

4 Likes

Working on a cool project are ya? Do tell lol

Is that a direct injection watering straw?!

1 Like

I had a Cinderella 99 that had a few 3 finger leafs

Lol…ghetto engineering. I take the straw and like we used to make snowflakes and just chip it kinda. Cut the bottom at a 45. I use it to water thoroughly. I tell myself this anyway. I like to soft water. It makes me feel better, and the plants don’t mind. I love the flexi-straws.
-J

Sounds like a good idea. My medium is about 60% Coco. And after a while unless its on a drip, it compacts ALOT. Water finds a vein and creates a channel straight out.
@Baltimore

Hey @Misolo313. I’ve seen a lot of fast beautiful, hydro almost properties using coco. I’m thinking love 1/3 coco, 1/3 perelite, Maybe Nother third of F.F. soil or something. Do you have a preference of coco?

Not really. When i replenish amendments i think im gonna try either Canna Coco or Roots Organic straight Coco.

1 Like

I’ve got a 3 leaf girl right now. Matero Blue (some freebies thrown in), a couple 4’s and she’s about 3 feet right now still in veg. All the other seeds ended up great, not sure what’s different with the one. I was thinking genetics or maybe I vegged a ruderal past flowering and stressed it. Would have to look back at the seeds.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s all genetics ladies and gents. Mostly common with ogs.

3 Likes

The first one I’ve had. Sorry for the pics, don’t want to take everyone out right now.

3 Likes

I grew autoflowers once that put off a lot of 3 and 5 finger leaves.

Stress can cause it.

I’ve also had strains do that as they were finishing up the stretch.

If all else is healthy then I wouldn’t worry too much about it

My gmo cut went 3 leaves pretty well it’s whole life. Also the guy that found ogkb 2.0 found another seed in that bag. He named the cut ‘the 3’ and it has thrown 3 pretty consistently.

Edit: just read no cuts… sorry not sorry

The sfv og is a lanky floppy three fingered plant. I’ve always known it to be a predominate trait in the og crosses. If we knew it to be from a certain landrace that would be valuable information but I’m told it was a random mutation that occurred and has sense been inherited. I was always told the original mom grew fives but mutated at some point and never went back. That mutation may be what makes her so unique and near impossible to replicate. Idk more og folklore at this point.