3 questions about seeds!

QUESTION#1) What is the most you paid for a pack of seeds? What’s the most you would pay?
QUESTION#2) What was your best pack of seeds grow?
QUESTION#3) Where did you acquire your best plants from?
Please feel free to include pictures of the packs, plants, or seeds!!! For our viewing pleasure :blush: Thanks for sharing!!

10 Likes

The most I paid or a PK wasn’t high at all I forget but it’s around 70bucks for barney’s farm blue cheese in around 10yrs ago. The best pk was an f2 pk of norstar genetics pretty wicked, my buddy made f2s and did 6pks for 25/30 dollars…and they were awesome. Still have a few like 2, the best plant is kinda a tie…cowboy kush hits pretty well, the bodhi hippy hashplant #7 and #4 both were good, and possibly after I run her again @GrowHard blue og×snowlowtus bx.

10 Likes
  1. CSI Humboldt Old family purple 120.00 (I have $200 packs from top dawg but got those in a trade)
  2. The best I popped was probably mass medical strains eastcoasterlamb. Super vigorous, easy to grow, and a beautiful smell. She was a breath of fresh air with all the same recycled hype stuff going around.
  3. Still looking

I have a ton of seeds I still have to go through. So I’m sure this list will change yearly.

8 Likes

Right…mines will probably change…on all three questions. Lol.

5 Likes

By far the most Ive ever paid is $250 for a pack of MAC.
More of an investment than anything really, especially now that I have a pack of MAC f2s.

Ive paid $120-150 for rare discontinued Bodhi packs.

Ive also acquired a LOT of seeds in trades and such.

I havent grown a whole lot from seed but my best is my Skunk 91 keeper

Im trying to pop a bunch of my seeds this yr and moving forward.

14 Likes

Mosca gear is the most $$ i ever dropped. 100$- $150 US each. Rare Dankness also got a lot of my $ on the DarkShadow Haze. Sensi Juicy fruit was ridiculously priced as well.

Not sure what’s my favourite. I like to many to list. Some of the best strains I’ve run have been given to me from friends and family. Also lots of :fire: can be found here.

One thing is for sure. Price means shit and there are a lot of guys out there charging way to Much for sub par genetics.

21 Likes

Sometimes the price drives the sale charge a big price or make it a limited release and the hype builds itself

5 Likes

Makes you wonder who’s making more money a big cheap seeds breeder or a small expensive seeds breeder

3 Likes

Most I’ve paid for a pack was around $200 , DJs grape krush and archives lemon head we’re both very close to that.
I had a different life back then with alot more money coming in then now.
Even typing this im asking myself what was I thinking lol

12 Likes

160 bucks cdn DNA Kosher Kush fems.2018 100 bucks max from here on in.
best…Greenseed co. Strawberry Kush 40 bucks 2010/11
Motarebel Strawberry collection from about 2016/17 ish. (greenpool auction)

4 Likes

Most I’ve paid is 100 usd for some dynasty packs. Cherry Vanilla Cookies and Starduster. Glad I got a lot more when they were actually affordable cause even though prof p is one of my fav breeders, 120 USD a pack is now out of my price range and I prob wont be buying any more. Seems like the more popular he gets the more he raises the prices. 21 to 23 to 80 to 100 to 120 in 5 years. I also have a few pricey packs from garden of dreams seed co but I got them when they were 40% off sale. I believe they were gunslinger, outlaw og and whitefire dawg.

I haven’t grown enough stuff out to have a favourite but I’ve really liked almost anything I’ve grown from San and they are very cheap/ sometimes free. Doesn’t care about money just wants to make interesting strains and I definitely like to support something like that.

I think a lot of breeders fail to take into account that not everyone lives in the USA and a lot of us Canadians and Aussies get fucked when it comes to exchange rates and also have to pay much more for stealth shipping. So that “just 100 dollar pack” is actually closer to 160CAD with exchange rate and shipping. Has anyone every bought 1 pack? I have never.

10 Likes

Hi, I’m C-rex and I have a problem…lol. The money was burning a whole in my empty grow bag, I’m sorry

2 Likes

The most I paid so far is 120$ USD crickets and cicadas purple Hindu Kush cross 2 kabal Kush. Oddly enough the plant I liked the most was a Gelat OG from seeds man. I did not clone it as it was a freebie from seedsman? Right?? It was a lesson learned take at least one cut.

3 Likes

Just putting it out there seedsource is teaming with mr nice foe some kind of drop this upcoming week.mmmm new old shit…lol

4 Likes

$108 for a pack of Apollo 13 by Bros Grimm from the 2017 release. If I really really wanted something I could probably live with $120-$150 at the absolute most. IDC if I win the lottery, no got-dang way I’m paying more than that for plant seeds, I feel silly enough paying 70-80.

Problem though is that seeds lose viability. For many of the older things I’d dig deep for, germ rates would be lower. Kind of a catch-22.

Best pack so far has probably been TK x G13HP from Farmer Joe. Really is a perfect cross, the 2 parents perfectly complement. TK is some of the best smoke you’ll ever encounter, but yields like crap and grows like a vine. G13HP inbred father shortens the plant significantly and beefs up yields considerably, while maintaining the “dank, kushy” smell. All females were very similar, not surprising since having an inbred plant for parent makes things somewhat predictable.

I acquired my best plants from seeds.

6 Likes

Bought 5 packs so far. Less than 200 total. 2 highest were 55ea iirc
Favorite so far was SSDD that could change next week or next month…
On OG. Either by free seeds or as a tester.

4 Likes

I’ve paid $100 a few times for things like heirlooms or IBLs that I’m interested in. If I’m going to be paying that much it has to hit at least two of my three checkboxes – rare, unique or classic. I feel that most things in the $200+ range fit are better described as popular, trending or in demand (none of which I care much about). I can already go get elite cuts for free, but I never do.

Some of my favorites that I’ve grown were not terribly expensive. Cannabiogen is probably my favorite breeder. They sell most of their gear around ~$40-50/pk.

15 Likes

I feel the same way. Nothing I even want is over like $120, most sub $100.

Hype shit is for the birds.

6 Likes

Always admire the amount of seeds you pop my man. Truly inspiring

4 Likes

Always take a cutting! I’ve learned that the hard way a couple times.

I think the most I spent was 80 bucks for some Barneys farm LSD FEMS that weren’t very impressive. I’d say the best weed I’ve grown from seed was rezdogs Appollo 11 years ago, but ive found alot of good stuff from seeds.

The best seeds I’ve had in recent times have all come from here…so far the guava hashplant x c99 has been my favorite and I’ll be keeping her around for a while!

8 Likes