So after drying for five days, I've finally jarred the harvest. For some reason I got three days stuck in my head for drying, I don't know where I got that number but I did.
After three days of hanging though, the stems didn't snap like they should. They bent.
I kept them in a room with a fan and a dehumidifier. The humidity in the drying room was probably 35~45% RH.
I finally tested them on Sunday night which was almost five days and they were very crispy! I think I dried them a little too much.
The buds are also not tight nugs like you see in the store, they're kind of fluffy airy popcorny buds. Four or five of the really big buds are dense, but they don't look like bud porn!
I jarred them, and found the mummy buds were dropping the humidity of the jar! They sunk the RH to about 45% humidity. I popped a damp paper towel in the jar for a few hours, and by breathing into the jar got the buds right at 63% RH. Now I'm worried they're too damp hehe! I'm burping and once I get them stable I'll seal it up with a 62% Boveda and quit obsessing.
My final weight of the buds when they were really dry was 1.5 oz, or 49 grams. I'm pretty happy with the result! I was shooting for at least an ounce, so I'm pleased there.
Here are all the buds sitting in the jar:
At some point I'm waiting for them to tighten up into little balls, but I don't think that's going to happen, either that's properly grown weed, or maybe industrially separated / trimmed from the plant.
The bag appeal on this stuff is well heh.
I haven't tried any of this yet, but I'll make sure I write a full report when I do. Currently I have a batch of smoke that's like a time warp, you chuckle a little bit, then realize it's like four hours later. I'm hoping this variety doesn't blow through time like a guild navigator lol!