36 Watts or Bust!

Show us a pic?
You might want to patch her up. If it’s on a thread it may be best to graft it back on so to speak.

If it’s not already stressed her enough that pruning it wouldn’t matter. @ReikoX @MomOnTheRun @Northern_Loki @99PerCent @Palindrome what do you all think?

2 Likes

It may or may not survive but either way you have more than enough foliage to fill the space, so don’t worry about it ;).

When the shoots start fighting for space and light that is when your challenge will be on.

4 Likes

You’ve unintentionally super cropped it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dunno. Give it a day and see what it does. It looks to me, starved for light.

Keep the lights on and clear the under growth if this is still in veg for certain. Move them in as close as they can take too.

4 Likes

What he said ^^^ wait and see how she recovers, and for future training/bending.

Press the stem “flat” between nodes, then bend the area you pressed “flat” to avoid breaking or tearing of branchs.
If it’s too soild/old to press n bend, you got to tie it down little by little.

5 Likes

Breaks happen…sucks when they do though not the end of the world especially in a small space. Really only 2 things you can do: remove the branch the rest of the way or line up the break and tape it closed to give it an opportunity to heal itself…either way the plant will continue to fill that space pretty quickly as it stretches :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve grown in similar spaces and have snapped a few branches. Most of the time they surprise you with how well they come back - stronger than ever.

4 Likes

I left the thing alone for three days and here we are this morning, I’m wondering if I pulled that stalk apart earlier since it’s doing fine, I’m scared of ripping it still, it’s the stalk in the left rear corner.

I’m fighting the temptation to keep looking at the thing like a kid every five minutes, “Is it done yet, is it done yet!?” It’s tough lol!

8 Likes

A watched pot never boils :slight_smile:

I think we all have that problem

4 Likes

Looks like the LITFA is working on that broken stem. If it was going to die, it would have by now. Like a broken bone, that spot will be stronger in the long run. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Im sure im not one to give advice, but get a tent. Hell, I’ll mail you my old when as soon as I get a new one lmao…

4 Likes

I am sure there’s a place for this style/approach to growing. You sure learn a lot without too much investment and it’s a cool challenge to see where you can grow. I have a torture-chamber-computer-flowering-cabinet in the garage that has the sole purpose of seeing which individuals have a chance of passing on traits for dealing with cold nights and high temperature fluctuations. It is a horrible grow environment and only the strong will remain in the program. A tent has zero stealth for those in places where it is not legal or they are renting etc. Just my opinion, but I think it’s almost like a rite of passage for growers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

In our projects department we have a corollary to that saying posted on the wall “An unwatched pot boils over immediately” :wink:

7 Likes

LOL, It’s just taking it’s sweet time now.

Nothing much happening now except a waiting game!

11 Likes

Ah the glorious waiting point 2 weeks into flower :joy:

_It’s the best isn’t it?_😅

3 Likes

Your screwed lol, looking healthy though.

But yeah just wait it will start to bolt now that it’s fighting for space.

5 Likes

I’ve gotta say it’s very bushy! Not much is happening but I am getting pistils. There is a ton of bush below that canopy, should I pinch off the yellowing fan leaves?

Were day 18 into flower as of this morning:

10 Likes

I’d remove them if A each leaf is 50% or more yellow and dying and B they are restricting airflow to the lower parts of the plants :+1:

6 Likes

Looks good brother, but super bushy… you thought about doing what @Esrgood4u said and taking some fan leaves off?

2 Likes

OK, so I haven’t posted in a few days because other than stretching they’re really not doing much. That being said the stretch is on.

Sorry for the blown out flash but it really does it justice to show how bushy it is.

I did clean out a bunch of dead fan leaves, I had no idea they were down there to be honest, a lot of them were curled up and some were even moldy due to the fact they were sitting on the dirt for so long.

I’m right at the precipice between burning the leaves and light bleaching. If it stretches any more I’m going to really have to start bending stalks. I’ve gotta say the wire I got for stalk tying is really annoying. I’m thinking I’m gonna run out and get a roll of jute string.

First is a closeup of one of the flowers:

Next is the whole thing with some fill flash so you can get a good look under the canopy!

I’m keeping an eye on it, slow and steady right now.

6 Likes