4 mephisto strains in 5 gal. Sips. Yalla, let's go!

Soaked on 5/21
Sown on 5/23
4 sprouts on 5/26
Last pic 6/1

30 Likes

Looking great so far! I’m curious what those black boxes are in the buckets and why they are covered with painters tape lol

2 Likes

The black is a funnel. These are sub irrigation pots. There’s a empty spot under the soil for water that gets filled from the top. The tape is just there from filling the buckets with dirt to keep it outta there.

10 Likes

Looks great brother! I’m very interested in how the sips work out for you, have you used them before?

1 Like

Love this thread and method, if you get it dialed in correctly SIPs can totally rock.

2 Likes

Thats cool! Never thought about anything like that. My buddy had some metal rods that went to the bottom of his 5 gallon bucket. Some sort of metal that wouldn’t rust and he loved using it to water

2 Likes

Oh yea @Organical. I’m no expert though. I have more experience with hydro than soil. I used these on some tomatoes and jalapeños and cukes outside last year. I’ve done half a dozen ganja plants with them indoors also. This time I’ll try a self watering kit I added after they get bigger. I welcome any questions thanks for looking!

4 Likes

Lol still working on the dialing in part. Organics is not my strong suit. I’d like to get my arms around how to grow well in soil before I do any more with hydro. Thanks for the interest!

5 Likes

This is what they look like empty and full

16 Likes

Very cool! Did you make these SIP adapters yourself, or are they available to buy somewhere? If someone sells adapters to turn 5 gallon buckets into SIPs then that would be a great product idea

5 Likes

id post a link for you @emeraldbullfrog if i knew how. :slightly_smiling_face:
theyre called Gro buckets. amzone has em for 3 for $50

8 Likes

Thanks brother :+1:, I’ll be keeping my eyes on this grow from you!
I’ve been eyeing up that 3 pack of Grobuckets myself but I wanted to see some more first hand experience with them.

2 Likes

My last 2 plant grow is journaled on here. Pretty much daily picture updates if you’d like please take a gander. They crank you’ll like them.

6 Likes

Very cool, I am going to look into these Gro buckets. Thanks dude!

2 Likes

GroBucket Garden Kit (3PK) self-Watering sub-irrigated Planter Insert. Turn Any Bucket into a self-Watering Container Garden. Create an Indoor or Outdoor, Space Saving and Portable Garden in Minutes. https://a.co/d/6gaoHJW

9 Likes

That’s it!

2 Likes

Lee Valley in Canada had a great sale on those exact units a couple months back (a product line they were dropping). I scored 3 as well, great unit!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Day 14
Ripleys og out front with mango smile right behind.
Bubbasquanch coming along ok
Alien v Triangle lookin a little runty.
pokes plant with stick

11 Likes

nice lineup. looking great!

1 Like

Thanks for stopping by Gladiator. I’m hoping for big things!

1 Like