403 Forbidden

The majority of the time I try to reply to a post or create a new post I keep getting this “403 forbidden“ and it won’t let me create or reply to a post.

This has been happening for about a month now. I refresh the page And the Internet blah blah blah I keep getting it. What’s going on here?

5 Likes

Maybe @moderators can help

3 Likes

Maybe need to clear you browser cache?

3 Likes

That’s weird, I have gotten that on rare occasions but refreshing the screen has always worked for me (both Windows 8 & Chrome). :thinking:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I get that if I click on a thread that isn’t public and I am not invited to that group.
:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

There was a certificate update rather recently. One thing that you may want to try is clearing your cache/cookies or forced refresh. Some cached cookies or tokens may not have refreshed with the new certificate. It’s hard to say. Try a different browser may also give some hints.

6 Likes

Clean your history and cache cookies and shit. Also if your running an AD Blocker allow OG.

4 Likes

Also, if you are using any browser addons, it may help to turn them all off, then test turning them back on, one at a time, to see if one might be causing the issue

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

I also always get the 403 forbidden when I first open the browser on OG. I get it when I go to like or reply my reply window says draft offline.
I just hit refresh and it goes away. Happens 9-10 ten times. Simple hit refresh.

Yup! So this has been happening to me now for about three days or so. I’ve tried all the “fixes”. Nothing seems to work except for logging out and back in. Problem is usually can’t logout either. Everything thing I try to do is met wit 403 forbidden. Can’t post, like, reply, couldn’t even set do not disturb. Then either I do something that allows me to logout or the system does. Then I get to start the whole process over again if I close out the site on my phone. Kinda not digging it. It’s been increasingly worse. If I had any hair left, this morning would cause me to pull it out!

2 Likes

same on both a computer and cell phone? or only one device? try a different browser? reset all cookie/caches?
sorry computer problems are no fun.

1 Like

Only really use the phone. I’ve tried all the recommended fixes. I went over a month without an issue. Now the past three days have been rough. I guess it’s just my time! :rofl: Maybe I just won’t close out the site! That’ll show em’! Thanks for the suggestions though! :facepunch:t3::fist:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

1 Like

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall?

1 Like

I haven’t had a single issue after I went running my mouth earlier! Mornings have been when most issues arise though.
Uninstall and reinstall what exactly? I did a couple of times remove the icon from Home Screen then add back. Cleared history, cashe, cookies. Restarted phone, upgraded iOS and I hate doing that but I love y’all this much! ( my arms are really far apart right now. Well they were but I had to type more. The only thing that seems to help are time and/or logging out and back in. But usually when it’s goin’ down logging out is also not so easy!

1 Like

I meant uninstall the actual app and then download it again. Always my go to for issues :smile:That is my idea of IT support

1 Like

3 Likes

Make sure your doing all your updates on your phone and set your phone up to restart 3 days a week. Yep and like @G-paS uninstall and reinstall.

1 Like

If it’s android phone, could it be Private DNS is set in settings/network?

Wait there’s an app too? I just have a shortcut to the website added to the Home Screen. And yes y’all I even jiggled it! :joy:

1 Like