50% off at Greenpoint Seeds

I see GPS doing a 50% sale starting today…Half price…can’t. Be bad. and I see they have some females… https://greenpointseeds.com/?utm_source=drip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign= 🔥%2050%%20OFF%20Storewide!%20Our%20Black%20Friday%20in%20July%20Sale%20Starts%20Now!%20🔥

4 Likes

too bad they dont let you stack coupon codes like they used to, we were getting packs for 90% off awhile ago before they fixed that bug

4 Likes

Most of their reg seeds, and many of their fem seeds, are “preorder only.” That means you pay today and hope to receive your seeds in December, when they start shipping.

This smells bad. Proceed with extreme caution.

10 Likes

I’ve never seen them do that that I can remember.
Everything I’ve grown of theirs has been real good

3 Likes

Ye I was going to buy Macdawg….but I’m pretty wary of purchasing nw and waiting till December.

Yes never seen them do this before …but I have used them before and had good results…

But paying for something shive month before delivery…Hmmmm!

3 Likes

Anyone who knows the scam history of either of the clowns running GPS already weren’t buying their seeds . Sad to think of all those who will get roped into this one.

3 Likes

hmm, pre-sales of what are obviously untested chucks from a breeder that has been known to send out fem seeds that have hermed - let me think about that for a minute… no thanks.

5 Likes

I have purchased from GPS. Have only started 4 seeds of Cowboy Cookies. Supposed to be reg photos, but all four were female (could happen, but not normal), and of those, two were strongly intersex. They smell disgusting and produce heavy buds, but the herms are disappointing.

3 Likes

I was under the impression the herm issues were predominantly in the feminized offerings.

I ran a pack of Dreamcather and no herms, also wasn’t anything special to keep. Sitting on a pack of Texas Butter and Raindance that I doubt I’ll ever get to.

Although iv read the Texas Butter was desirable…

2 Likes

I thought the same thing. Just reporting my experience.

Now, I’m definitely no expert grower, so the herm issue could easily have been induced by me. But there were a lot of pollen sacs. I pulled off every one I saw, but they for sure had it in their genes.

3 Likes

They regularly go on sale between 20-50% off, and if you’re a member and spend certain $ you get brackets for better discounts.

I have a pretty significant grow that I just started with GPS.
I have a fem Tomahawk (gg4 x stardawg)
sticky icky (gg4 x animal cookies)
Grape Punch (grape pie x purple punch) dropping in buckets tonight

and still plan on growing these by christmas
The Sweets (Fruity Pebbles OG X Animal Cookies)
Purple Tahoe - (Tahoe OG Kush x Purple Punch)

I got the seeds a while ago because I didn’t know a lot of seed banks, nor was I an OG member to know where to go, but they are still pretty affordable considering some seed banks. The roots on the plants so far are great, thick meaty roots vs the clones I’ve traded over time.

One thing I did notice is, I do a lot of photography for the plants and IRL so I pay close attention to pics, I had noticed that 2 of the strains, I believe it was some of the banana strains, black banana and whatever the other one was, anyway, the pics were exactly the same picture but flipped and recolored. I can understand seed sellers not using pics, I personally love seeing them, but its just kind of ‘false advertising’ to reuse a pic, recolor and rebrand. I’ll see if I can post a few pics from my phone while I’m at work.

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about whether they are sketchy or not but I really enjoyed growing the hibernate from the co-op

Lemon gas purple interesting structure

12 Likes

yeah they have been known to do that, and “enhance” the colors of some of their purple strains etc. not cool, but that’s what they seem to do. I have seen a lot of great looking GPS plants, and I am sure that your plants will be awesome too since you are obviously interested in getting the most out of them.

3 Likes

Just a few I have on phone, top is sticky icky week 5,

Middle is tomahawk that I used to sex just let it continue and it’s around week 11ish some good purples,

Bottom is a tomahawk in week 5, slight yellowing just got back from 8 day vacation and my sister only watered not fed so should bounce back easy

7 Likes

Lovely plants .

I grew there Copper Chem few years ago…and had great results.

It’s a lovely smoke as well.

10 Likes

Seen some straight fire come out of GPS packs. Absolute keepers. Their grape stuff is bomb, at least from my and a few others I know of experience. Haven’t heard of the waiting months for shipping but if that’s the case that’s BS. But at that price point I may not mind stocking up snd waiting tbh.

3 Likes

His stuff is cheap as hell and he has a decent male from an inbred chem line. Chem lines are notorious for intersex plants, most of the chem cuts will reliably produce a few nanners end of harvest, is what it is.

People call him a glorified chucker but he isn’t doing anything that much different than other breeders that speak poorly of him. I think a lot of them don’t like that he sells a shit ton of seeds, cheaper than they do.

That being said there’s no need to pre-order…he always has sales and tons of stock just wait until release. Not that I think he’s up to shenanigans or anything, just there’s no need. They’ll be there in 5 months.

3 Likes

Totally agree 100%

I’m a great believer in returning to a seedbank that hasn’t let you down.
So much cookie, candy, Geleto going on from pop up seedbanks appearing, some with incredibly high prices.
That don’t even give proper history of genetics they are selling.

Ye I don’t have a problem with GPS …there Customer service is exellent as well.

Ye probably a good USA seedbank.

Happy growing

Y

3 Likes

The whole pre order deal is cause heisen took over the business fully and wasnt gonna do the stardawg regs anymore but he had all of gu’s plants. Fast forward and i dont think he was getting the sales he wanted

2 Likes

So don’t buy seeds? I don’t want to waste money :cry: