50% Raw + 50% Decarbed

I’ve made tinctures without decarbing before. Particularly with a 1:1 THC:CBD cultivar. I’ve called this my rescue medication. It has stopped my panic attacks dead in their tracks without making me feel high.

5 Likes

I’m starting to get interested in tinctures.
What I know about homeopathy is that its power lies in suggestion.
There’s not enough molecules to make a strong difference on a chemical level, however it is a strong signal that is being sent to all the cells in your body, an activation, like a button that is being pressed. That’s how I understand it thus far.

Also it’s very interesting because of the efficiency.

@ReikoX Would you say one drop of tincture requires a teaspoon of herb, or more? Or less?
Or how many drops of tincture can you get out of a gram?

2 Likes

Wow, there is a ton of research coming out about all sorts of beneficial effects of the “-a” versions of the big cannabinoids…certainly enough to start including more of them in extracts IMO.

A friend of mine ran a medMJ caregiver business that supplied hundreds of sick people, many with epileptic children, terminal cancer, etc. I remember seeing a big vase filled with leafy branches - I was like “are you taking clones?” and he said no, some of my patients want fresh leaves for juicing, they swear by it. At the time I laughed but that was a mistake…these people wouldn’t be doing that if it didn’t help.

Our ancestors bred these plants for thousands of years for medical use, I think modern medicine is still unlocking its secrets and will be for a long time.

3 Likes

“marijuana”??? you mean Cannabis? If you’re trying to establish scientific credibility, best leave Mexican racial slurs out of the conversation.

Here is more info on CBD-A and Dr. Raphael Mechoulam’s research. So they’ve documented the super-powerful anti-inflammatory effect of CBD-A, not THC-A - it looks like the big news around THC-A was Mechoulam’s team’s efforts to create a more stable version of THC-A that could be used in pharmaceuticals.

THC-A is very unstable and hard to maintain outside of the living plant. This would explain why people find success with juicing - instead of waiting for Pharma, they’re just consuming the living plant itself

Here’s the study on the anti-inflammatory properies of CBD-A - “COX-2 inhibitor” basically means anti-inflammatory:

This guy is an amazing man! I just did a search on “Raphael Mechoulam” in Pubmed and he came up as an author of 13 studies in 2021 alone! The man is 90 years old - 'nuff respect

7 Likes

My tincture recipe averages around 14 mg/ml in potency. A typical dropper full is about 1/2 ml or 7 mg.

5 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX !
And around how many days can you do with a dropper full when you use a drop per day?

1 Like

So from these studies it sounds like keeping CBDA and THCA in their acidic forms is the big challenge. i.e., how long do these molecules stay present in our tinctures before natural de-carb takes place and they revert to CBD and THC.

There’s no data on alcohol extracts but one would think fresh tincture is best if you want the acidic forms of cannabinoids. Would be interesting to find more data on the breakdown process. If this decarb graph is any indication, cool temps are best…storing tincture in the fridge or freezer perhaps??

4 Likes

Yes. Keep the tincture in the fridge. The tincture will naturally decarb in the alcohol at room temperature in around 60 days, give or take. PsychedelicSam did some testing of this several years ago at Grass City.

7 Likes

I have read enough to convince me to try it.