Greetings everyone! This is my first thread on OG, only just joined up today... so hello everyone, nice to be here! Been doing a lot of reading lately and decided it's time to get a journal going.
I'm new to growing and only have one harvest under my belt. My first grow was a huge learning experience. I think I made every mistake in the book. First mistake was running 15 different strains! lol Second mistake was when my plants accidentally started flowering because I messed up the light cycle. Oh well, live and learn! Overall it was a success, I came out of it with 7oz and I'm loving the variety I can choose from.
So yeah, I had 15 different strains going... I'd bought single seeds of popular strains from Midweeksong, these included Original Amnesia (Dinafem), Golden Tiger (Ace Seeds), MKULTRA (THSeeds), Cherry Bomb (Bomb Seeds), all of which were good and I enjoy vaping them - but not what l'm looking for. I also had a bunch of freebies that came from Midweek song, their own branded seeds, none of which were very good. And then I had a few strains from Greenpoint Seeds, all of them were keepers for me and that's what I'll be growing this second time around.
Just to put things into perspective, I live on a non-cannabis friendly state and had been buying on the black market for 20+ years... most of the weed was average at best. About 5 years ago I discovered the darkweb and started buying weed through there. The quality was better, but still hit and miss. So when I harvested Eagle Scout and Doc Holiday from Greenpoint, holy shit, that's the best weed I've smoked in my life! I finally got what I'd never had before... potency! Damn, that Eagle Scout is some strong stuff.
I managed to get clones of every strain as they were flowering, they took forever to reveg, like months... but they're finally growing and looking healthy. The plan is to get a perpetual cycle going so that I'll be harvesting every 4-5weeks.
Here's some pics...
During my first grow I only used the three cabs on the right because the left side wasn't finished. Now, it's the right side that's not finished because I had to change the ventilation. Originally there was only one intake at the bottom and the air travelled up through the other two cabs. This created a problem, the middle cab ran 4 degrees (F) hotter than the bottom cab and the top cab ran 4 degrees hotter than the middle cab. So I've redesigned the ventilation and each cab now has its own intake and seems to be maintaining the same temperature in each cab.
You'll notice I'm using 2ltr bottle hempy buckets... I was planning on running SOG, each cab can fit 20 x 2ltrs... but after my first run, it's just way too much work having so many plants, so this time around I'm just gonna have one plant per cab. If I put two plants in to flower every 5 weeks, that's 10 harvests a year! Yeehaawww!
I'll make a couple more posts in the next day or two, I'll throw up a lot more pics and go into detail on the cabs and plants... after that I'll just do weekly updates.
Big shout outs to @ReikoX, @Mr.Sparkle, and @Jellypowered!