6 cabs in built in wardrobe, 500w LED, perpetual, coco DTW

Now ya do brother :wink:

There will be a slight but probably noticeable difference in frost production from my experience in using 3500k screw in lamps vs 5000k screw in lamps. I assume the same will apply to your setup based on your listed CCTā€™s

The 5000k-6500k range will make your plants compact bushes. Frost a plenty however, the 2700k-3500k range will be stretchy long internodal distance and frost on parts youā€™d normally trim off when manicuring a harvest. Just my experience anyways.

Iā€™ll be sticking around, canā€™t wait to see how you handle the challenges of a perpetual and manage your grow variables. Iā€™ll be taking notes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So about the plantsā€¦ all Greenpoint Seeds genetics since they stood out over all others from the first roundā€¦

I have two clone/reveg Eagle Scoutsā€¦ these are the two healthiest plants at the moment

Checkout the rootsā€¦

I have two clone/reveg Doc Holidaysā€¦

And I have these three clone/reveg that Iā€™m pretty sure are all the same, but Iā€™m not 100% sure what they are because of a labelling mmix up. I know theyā€™re either Cookies n Chem, Copper Chem, Dreamcatcher, Purple Badlands, or Bodega Bubblegumā€¦ all I know is they have a very strong taste of bleach (lol) when vaping, and very potent. Maybe when I flower them out somebody will be able to tell what they are.

Then I have a Purple Mountain Majesty, TNT, Dynamite Diesel, and a Blizzard Bush seedlingā€¦ not sure whatā€™s wrong with the Blizzard Bush, it never recovered from being transplanted.

Theyā€™re starting to outgrow the cabsā€¦

In the last few days theyā€™ve all taken a turn for the worstā€¦ Doc Holiday and the unknown strain are the worst, but some of the seedlings also.

Currently all plants are on 4ml of Calimagic, 0.5g Epsom Salt (this brings me to 250ppm (0.5 scale), 4.5g Megacrop, 3 drops of PH UP (potassium hydroxide), RO water, brings me to 750ppm and then I add 0.4ml drip clean. PH comes out at 5.8 - 6.0. Does this sound like a reasonable mix for RO water, coco, and LEDs?

Some leaves have rust spots (calcium deficiency?) and some leaves are losing their color (magnesium deficiency?). Prior to seeing these problems they were on more Megacrop, 2ml Calimagic and 1g Epsom Salt, but they were getting a bit dark in color, so I lowered the Megacrop and increased the Calimagic. I guess Iā€™ll give it a few days and see how they look?

So, the plan is to flower some of these outā€¦ not sure on the details, but Iā€™ve got the next few days off work so Iā€™ll keep ya updated!

4 Likes

Just got my Chickasaw Cooler seeds and canā€™t wait to get them going, but that will be after the Sky Warden ones going now.

1 Like

paint the bottoms of those 2 liters, the light will start to harden the roots and cause other issuesā€¦ learned that from experience with transparent solo cups.

1 Like

with megacrop im typically in the 900-1000ppm on a 0.5 conversion meter when in growing/flowering mode before it tapers off near the end, but if i go say in that 700ppm range i start to get deficiencies

1 Like

Iā€™m having a deficiency issue with 600ppm in my bubblers but itā€™s only one plant. My white widow photoperiod. It looks like a calmag issue (rust spots ) so Iā€™ve added a little calmag to the bubbler and Iā€™ve been foliar feeding straight PhD water with a little calmag added. It seems to have stopped any further spots forming. I donā€™t know what it is with ANY white widow strain (photo or auto) I get the same issue. I was thinking over fert but I may try increasing the ppm to see what happens. Any thoughts @Mr.Sparkle??

1 Like

I found megacrop to lack mag when using RO water. Add 1/4 tsp Epsom salts per gallon. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX. Iā€™ve been using straight tap water. Youā€™d think it would have enough magnesium in it. Iā€™ve got vitalink calmag and also a bag of Epsom salts. Iā€™ll see how it goes over the weekend with just calmag and if I have any more issues Iā€™ll give Epsom salts a go.
A picture of the problem -

1 Like

What is really funny is, my buddyā€™s brother, back before the wheel, used to grow in his closet with a couple of light bulbs and nothing but straight tap water, and damned if he didnā€™t get a couple dozen ounces at a pop. Now we are fretting whether our PH isnā€™t quite right or our PPMā€™s are 10 or 15 off. Progress, I guess.

4 Likes

The thing is I have 4 different strains growing in bubble buckets with the exact same amount of nutrients ppm, PH and light source. Itā€™s only the white widow that has the problem. I grew white widow autos last run and they gave me the same/similar problem. Itā€™s a head scratcher :thinking:

1 Like

veg+bloom is the same. most plants are fine, but some will be mag hungry without some calmag or epsom.

1 Like

You know, I have seen that before, somewhere, but for the life of me, I canā€™t remember where. I have a habit of printing (digital not paper) almost everything I see or read, or bookmark sites I visit that I think I will need. I will peruse my many, many docs and see if something hits me.

1 Like

@ReikoX hit the nail on the head. I run MegaCrop with RO water and started to see this same thing after a few weeks in veg. Started adding calmag to my waterings and have never really seen it again.

Thanks. It would be a massive help. The thing that gets me is,it only happens with white widow strains. Itā€™s honestly got me stumped.

Iā€™ve learned some just handle it better than others. I beat my head against the wall trying to over diagnose. At the end of the day the simplest solution was the best. Been on easy street ever since.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s where weā€™re at right nowā€¦

Doc Holiday, waiting for the screenā€¦

Eagle Scoutā€¦

The second Eagle Scout, ready for screeen to go onā€¦

Thatā€™s the second Doc Holiday looking a little rough on the left.

Two mystery GPS strainsā€¦

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip, Iā€™ll up the PPM :sunglasses:

The setup and the post are bloody impressive mate, looking forward to your updates! Cheers

Thanks ozzie! :grin:

Just mixed up some fresh nutes on the advice of Mr.Sparkle and ReikoXā€¦

1 gallon RO water (near 0 ppm)
1.5g Epsom Salt (brought me to 150ppm (0.5 scale) on Bluelab Truncheon (not very accurate)
7g Megacrop (brought me to 900ppm)
4 drop PH UP brings me to PH 5.8
0.4g drip clean (didnā€™t effect PH or PPM)

The larger plants are drinking about 1 cup of nutes, twice a dayā€¦ the small plants are only getting watered once a day and drink less than 1 cup.

Anyone else use this H&G drip clean? Iā€™ve noticed it leaves a strange ā€œfilmā€ on the surface of the water that you can only see when the light hits it at the right angle. Iā€™m using it to save myself having to water with so much run-off. The less run off, the less water/nutes I use, and less cleaning up to doā€¦ hope it works! Anyone know whatā€™s in it?

2 Likes

hmm did a better read through tonight , caught what you running for lights and setups but ill be asking again as the setups sound a little off or just how i read it.

So first question ? :rubs hands excitingly:

What are your goals ? what are you looking to achieve :nerd: are you wanting to grow as many plants as possible, or grow to a certain yield, or just have fun and play, or all of the above.

then we can start tuning in lights and your air flows and other grow efficiencies :wink:

3 Likes