7 Creepy Crawlies You Want in Your Garden

Read this piece this morning, and felt obliged to share it.:sunglasses:

8 Likes

I also read this unsettling article today!
Thought it would be appropriate to post.

Sorta creepy, no?

1 Like

Thanks for that. This is also important and good to know. Took image from here. Dig spacing out and watching them scavenge around on your plants is awesome.

7 Likes

That Mantis article was eye opening! Thank you for the info.

1 Like

I have always enjoyed Praying Mantis sightingsā€¦I remember being utterly fascinated by them when I was a wee tyke.

I had no earthly idea that they can, and do, kill and eat birds!!!
Holy cow! Sweet baby Jeebus!

1 Like

Those things get my vote for being alien. Ha! Ha! Creepy little things.

2 Likes

I found a lone lady bug chillin on a leaf yesterday.

2 Likes

I always thought the same u knowā€¦

Good for you bro! Now keep it hungry, they wonā€™t eat your pests if they got their belly fullā€¦

I got me a Mantis, last nightā€¦ She found a good homeā€¦ LOL

7 Likes

Yo pongo todas las mantis, mariquitas y araƱas que encuentro sobre las plantasā€¦

3 Likes

This is the culprit, i burned it; so it might be missing somethingā€¦ @lotus710

3 Likes

I canā€™t tell what it is, but if it damaged your little girls, I am glad you killed the dirty, rotten scoundrel!

2 Likes

My wife spotted these in our pumpkin flowers. They are very interesting. Since the females live in the ground below where they feed, a large portion of there genetic code is at risk because of tilling practices in large agriculture.

3 Likes

5 Likes

That one looks to be over 6" long. Bet it could have given a nasty bite. They try to eat their pray head first. Watched many of them eating flies on a bush in the front yard. They would hide in the flowers and when a fly would land. It wouldnā€™t live long.
Good bugsā€¦

Iā€™ve never seen one that huge, what a monster! I wonder if itā€™s one of the ā€œalienā€ ones introduced for pest control. That could easily pick off a hummingbird.

Holy shit! I had to look twice at that thing!

Baby Worm

2 Likes

Grasshopper

Clinging to the side of my house is not always a great idea (see photo above), lol.

2 Likes

I guess on the east coast. In the 80s there were a million praying mantissā€™ were in the 80s. I saw every one.and Iā€™d say the biggest one was probably close to 10in.never forget that experience for sure.lol :facepunch::facepunch::v:

2 Likes