7's Workshop of Weed

16 Likes

1 Like

Sweet photos! Well done!

Cheers
G

1 Like

Galet OG/Jack Herer up drying. First time im trying a whole tree dry, normally I cut down to almost individual branches removing as many fan leaves as possible, then dry trim. I dont have enough space at the moment so im going to try drying this way see what happens

In order

1. Berries & Cheese, 36f
  2. Unknown genetics, 38f
  3. Amesia x OG, 38f
  4. Blue Cheese, 38f
  5. Chronic haze, 52f

Im disapointed I couldnt clone the chronic haze because its so pretty and smells sooo sweet and strong. Cant wait to taste it, and to compare to the last time I grew this strain in 2015

13 Likes

7 Likes

That is looking very clean and pure.
Do you create more cultures from these and then inoculate from them?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

That’s mycelium that grows out of the print right? It looks just like a cap, so cool.

1 Like

yep, both of these are first transfers from a tissue culture. They will grow out and I will further transfer/isolate and then use samples to inoculate grain

These are both from tissue samples. I have some plates that were made with spores but they are still growing out. Will probably do some transfers from them this weekend

1 Like

Incubator filling up. Just done 25 transfers today, and inoculated 7 BRF jars yesterday with one of the spore syringes I made. You can see I ran out of parafilm and had to make do with some masking tape. Hopefully I wont get much contam, the petri dishes I bought came in broken packaging (therefore not sterile) and some of them were cracked. I’ll be happy if at least 50% of them are contam free

5 Likes

possible early signs of foxtailing? cant be heat because this is the bridgelux tent so almost no heat from the lights. They are quite close, but i cant really raise them any higher. Probably just shitty genetics. The last time I ran these seeds the plant revegged and ended up with really crappy looking/smoking buds. Looks like the same case here, but we’ll see.

other plant in the scrog of same genetics seems fine

5 Likes

One of the Gelat OG plants has a subtle purply tone to some of the lower buds. Very nice plant, great smell. Trim job was terrible, all my trimming scissors are fucked and dont sharpen well. Will need to replace them before the end of my next grow.

13 Likes

ayy
Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 09.29.59

5 Likes

Special delivery today! 500 lab grade sterile petri dishes. Only cost me 91GBP. Got sick of buying broken unsterile dishes from amazon also got to support a UK business which is nice

10 Likes

20 more transfers. I may have a problem. I need to start actually inoculating some rye grain

8 Likes

Beautiful! I love how the mycelium consumes the plate.

Are you doing all one strain? I saw you had Fiji earlier. Also do you use flow hood? I’ve bought pre poured plates just so I don’t have to pour in my SAB. Your in UK otherwise I’d ask to trade a plate.

Have a good one man!

4 Likes

Yep all one strain. I had some golden teacher syringes but I stupidly used them all in my last jars which I had to toss. Thankfully I had a very small tub still going from a free syringe I got, so I harvested and made spore prints from what I could (posted earlier in this thread), and made some tissue cultures from a few of the mushrooms themselves (what’s pictured above)

I’ve done really well for a 3ml spore syringe! I havent been able to buy any more because of coronavirus, but im not pheno hunting or anything until I can start fruiting and testing some of these.

I dont use a flow hood, just a SAB. I use the spare bedroom in my house so there’s next to no traffic so easy to keep clean. Pouring can be a pain, but I’m starting to nail the process now

5 Likes

I’ve got some golden teacher prints if you’d like some.

That’s good for a SAB I do it in spare also but it’s kids play room. I also don’t have a desk so I’m on my knees. I have problem doing G2G with 1/2 gallons cause they’re so tall.

I’ll buy some plain Petris next and give it a shot. I’ve got all my jars filled, just waiting for everything to colonize.

Have a good one!

7 Likes

Nice good luck! My first SAB was too small so I went to the hardware shop and bought the biggest motherfucker I could find. Put some polythene sheeting on a spare desk which makes it easy to sanitise and ensures an even-level surface.

I may try other strains in the future, but for now will focus on this one strain. I’ve already got way too many dishes incubating lol

5 Likes

Chronic Haze

Higher res

14 Likes

Wish I had a whole shed to grow

1 Like