8000+ ft, 2500+ meters, Southwest US outdoor

100% organic soil

Left to right clockwise: Tahoe OG, AKBB TKNL5 Haze/NL1 Big Fuck, Alien Kush, InHouse Genetics Slurricane. The Slurricane is way ahead, but smaller.

Slurricane pheno 1

Slurricane pheno 2

The Tahoe seems behind this year… maybe I’m imagining it. I set out in late May.

The Big Fuck lives up to it’s name. It’s well over 7ft tall now.

50 Likes

Nice line up!

6 Likes

Nice! They look like they love the high altitude sunshine!

7 Likes

Right on man! Nice crib. I live outside of Trinidad at 6,400’. Lots of friends live at 8,000’ and their pot grows better than here almost. I keep them going with seeds.

Your girls look great. I’m guessing you’ve been getting some of this excess rain this year? Looks like it. Mine look the same way. Not a brown leaf or spot anywhere. I sort of hope it starts drying soon for the flowering. That’s the norm here. Dry fall. peace

9 Likes

Thats fantastic grow :green_heart: i once read that on higher latitude you grow, stronger the weed is becouse of intensity of the sun :pray:

3 Likes

Good plants man!!!

3 Likes

Nice, you look like you are just a tad farther north than me. You’re higher too :sunglasses: Beautiful area and plants!

2 Likes

The sun is so intense here, I can set plastic pots outside at no more than 80F and they are melted within an hour. Happened last year in early June and I got a pic:

13 Likes

That is crazy.

4 Likes

I’m in Taos County, not too far away.

We are getting tons of rain. It is a huge change from earlier in the year when the fires got to within 20 miles.

4 Likes

I’m glad you guys are OK after the fires! I figured it looked like Taos/Rio Aribba. Gorgeous places, and plants!

When does your season end up there? Any particular considerations for strain selection?

5 Likes

Lovely; this is such a beautiful journal already, and it pleases me to see it. Thank you very much for sharing! :blue_heart: :white_flower:

3 Likes

Thank you for the compliment (and for all the others too)! We are very fortunate that the fires didn’t get any closer.

I am lucky if I can get some of them to October. The Tahoe is very frost tolerant, the best in the garden so far. It still puts out good results even with cold September temps. I have harvested it in 6 inches of snow before and the buds were good (for outdoor).

The Slurricane seems to be winning the Fast Finisher award, but I am just testing these two types this year. The second one has more dense bud structure, so it is the one I kept for further R&D.

I am letting the Alien Kush and Big Fuck haze go this year (not keeping the clones) just because they are slightly more sensitive to frosts, but still deliver decent results. I have a few more seeds of each so I may revisit later. I really just need less plants to work with to open up room for more plants to work with. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you! After growing here for over a decade, I concur with this assessment. New Mexico is an incredible place to honor the medicinal plants. The short season is not ideal, but with the right strains, powerful results can occur.

3 Likes

welp, there’s another pack for me to pick up. :astonished:

sticking around for the finish! looking good! :+1:

3 Likes

Amazing plants in a unique environment! Im only up about 2500 ft or so but Ive definitely noticed a possitive difference between where Im at now and maybe a mile away before? The altitude helps for sure…after seeing yours, now I feel like Im on a little hill though, time to move again…lol…Happy Mountain Growing and may your season be Heavy!

4 Likes

Starting to get into the fall for sure now. I saw 32.9F on the thermometer yesterday morning, but today is a more reasonable 41F.

The Slurricane has put on a nice purple show. The Tahoe OG is really starting to ripen up and has dominated the aromas I can smell on the opposite side of the house. It is really hard to describe the smell because it’s just so unlike everything else.

The Alien Kush (behind the Slurricane) is smelling amazing, I am sad I didn’t clone her again this year, but I need to move on to other things.

TK NL5 Haze / NL1 “Big Fuck” - I call it Alaskan Bigfoot Haze, is in the back. It’s a little behind on ripening yet, but it will get there.

Tahoe OG

Slurricane

11 Likes

The tester half of the garden. I have some neat things in here like

Rare Dankness Somali Ghost Train Haze
AK Bean Brains Kali Mist
Bodhi Sun Ra
Shoreline ECSD x GDP
Delicious Seeds Eleven Roses and Unknown Kush
Texada Timewarp
Sour Diesel (clone only from Albany NY/The Weasel)
Shoreline SourD
Authentic Genetics Original Haze x NL2

A real diverse variety of terps in this bunch.

15 Likes

Taos is one of the most beautiful places in the west!

Your plants look awesome too!

Nice harvest coming your way :crossed_fingers:!!!
:robot:

2 Likes

I am beyond fortunate to be able to live here. I have abundant water also, thank the stars.

4 Likes