808 genetics- Corn. It officially begins

One sprout was ready for planting. I have another that will be ready in 1-2 days. Those who want to see if 808 has anything worth your space and time, pull up a seat and we’re going to find out. For starters these have 100% germination 2/2 unlike Da Crip that had none, so I feel a bit more confident in quality offered.

6-28-22

19 Likes

I’m from Hawai’i and been very interested in if the quality lives up to the word about it

5 Likes

I hear ya @Sodapop. A couple posters made complaints about 808, so it’s mired in controversy. He claims he has Crippy. I’ve identified Tampa Crippy as legit, but seriously unstable to do breeding from, so I’ll find out if it’s in the family lineage of FL Kush

5 Likes

Hey wether it’s good or bad happy growing! Yeah he talks about his drippy a lot and the Hawaiian heritage strains like Kauai Electric. If I had to recommend breeders from Hawai’i, I would say checkout Hawaiiangrasshopper genetics and Molokai seed co

6 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to remember those for a later date. I’ve always had this hankering to try Kona Gold or Puna budder :yum:

6 Likes

Kona Gold is a stellar smoke, always has a nice uplifting feel too it. I’ve never had Puna Budda but I certainly hope it’s in my future

1 Like

I’m going to call it day 1 veg from here

7-2-22

10 Likes

Seedling A was too weak. Tiny growing tip. It wilted a few days after. Tried to nurse it, but I started 2 more. 1 seed went and 1 cracked, but stopped

Close to 2 weeks

7 Likes

Is that the guy from the “cat piss” episode of Future Cannabis Project? Tom I think his name was. The guy who completely ruins the show for about 30 min with his cringe HUgE ego rant wow what a total asshole Il never buy that guys gear. Hopefully it’s not that guys company. Good luck with the grow regardless.

4 Likes

Might be worth checking out Matchmakergenetics he is in HI also, works alot with meangene from freeborn gear…

3 Likes

@SkunkHunt101 I don’t think so. He goes by Supakaui and I went back in email to see. Orders payable to Jacob B In automated ordering response I got.

1 Like

Didnt mean to sidetrack the thread my bad. I just get absolutely triggered when I read or hear the words “Hawaii and seed breeders.” mixed

1 Like

NP @SkunkHunt101 I understand the controversial stir. That’s why I set out to put it in the public spotlight so we all know who’s authentic and who just cashing in on a name…

3 weeks

Well I think there’s some similarities. The blade appears shorter and wider than TC indica pheno. It’s doing well, strong and not showing the cal-mag increases yet, but I’m being proactive there. By the 3rd to 4th set I’ll flip to sex

2 weeks

This one in the cup appears similar to the B pheno starting to show the sativa. Still too early to definitively say if either are related, but time will eventually reveal that

3 Likes

Corn B 1 month

Corn C 3 weeks

Well, either I’m supplying adequate cal-mag OR it doesn’t have higher cal-mag requirements like TC OR it may not be related at all, although it’s got the purple meristem and petioles. The stretch will also be tell-tale. Since one is younger by a week, I’m gonna wait until it’s a month and sex them both. So next week I’ll start sexing.

6 Likes

Week 5

Corn B

Week 4

Corn C

Just transplanted from cup

Still doing well, although I’m noticing thin laterals. That may be due to weaker light. Still no visible cal-mag increase hmmmmm…. Seems to be broader leaf than TC. At any rate, until I harvest my first set (Friday) I can’t sex them yet.

Side by side

7 Likes

Suddenly they’re standing out after one day of stronger light :thinking:

9 Likes

8-10-22

Finally can start sexing

3 Likes

Both have sexed themselves…2 females. Just like TC, the only observable difference is node legginess . Taller is slightly sparser growth, than shorter. I think what I may do here, is work more cuttings of the phenos in the rotation than flower seed plants. I’m finding growing larger seed plants creates uneven height to where I can’t maximize light penetration. So I anticipate around Oct I’ll have SOG bushes to start the run, could be sooner, just depends on rooting, transition then enough vegging time. Stay tuned, as they do look interesting

Corn B

5 Likes

I’m not sure about that episode, but it was exactly that on the Adam Dunn show this guy was a cocky moron. From my understanding his crippy stuff is kushy but it wasn’t really around before OG/TK, some 2000s, or 2010s forum posts by him came out and showed that. And soflo krypy wasn’t an OG reference. Separate stuff

1 Like

All flavors are interesting to watch as they play out tho. My shit talk on that guy as a person has nothing to do with the bud. I just know his crippy ain’t an OG predecessor or the real old soflo krypy.

1 Like