This as stated is my second hydro grow, so bear with my mishandling of almost everything. My biggest challenges are I'm at 8000 feet of elevation, and my humidity is generally 25% in winter! My humidifier will blow through a tank in 3 days or less usually keeping the tent at veg/flower ideals.
Everything runs on a 3/2/1 Peter's/Calcinit/Epsom mix through Coco with varying (hard learned lessons here) EC throughout the grow as usual.
On flower tent:
- 3x Atreum QB288s run by an HLG-480H-C2100B - can push to 60k lux pretty easily with these guys.
- "Automated" feeding and lights using a home brew box I spoke about here: Raspberry Pi powered gang box
- Fed by a 35 gal res with a Floraflex feeding head (and tubing/pots/caps) on a pretty high output pump.
- 2x Atreum QB144s run by an HLG-120H-36A
- Same raspberry pi power on different outlets of the gang box I built out.
- 5 gal HD res with pump and Floraflex setup same as flower tent.
I wanted to share my first grow using this setup. It ran some aficionados of colorado strains, namely Hellfire OG and Luke's Ghost.
I took those plants out of veg Oct 25 around 2.5 weeks so they stayed really small - probably 24" max height at end of flower, plus being my first grow and doing self-mixed salts I had a lot of ups and downs in feeding which might have stunted them.
This was around 2 weeks into flower Nov 11th. (2x Luke's ghost on left, 2x Hellfire OG on right [right most HF OG was male and was tossed])
I'll just jump straight ahead to right before harvest, they were deep in plant death but I was just waiting for trichomes to go amber, which they never did - this was Jan 18; around 84 days of flower! They all turned out incredibly frosty, almost too much so for my taste.
Luke's Ghost, biggest plant in the bunch. I super cropped a single branch for science.
Other Luke's Ghost - same flower phenos as its big sister, but super unhealthy the entire grow - over 6" shorter.
Finally Hellfire OG.
I was pretty happy with the harvest. Around 3.5 oz dry from HFOG (red dots) and 5 from Luke's Ghost. Luke's was incredibly sticky, I rolled a dime sized hash ball off my hands when I ran out of gloves while trimming.
The Current Grow
I actually hadn't run my new timer setup until this grow - I was using a cheap interval timer that could only go down to hour granularity, and I wanted to start feeding on a 10-15 sec on 1 hour off schedule.
Anyway this run has a lot of variety; I'm running 2x Pine Tar Kush from New 420 Guy, 2x OG18 from "Mark" on Strainly, and 2x HG4 from @lefthandseeds - (Heart of Gold x Jungle Spice) x (Aborigine x ???)
I was able to crack 2/3 PTK but they all couldn't push their tap root into the plug, and died. They also had a lot of trouble getting their shells off, which I had to pry off manually, and they were generally just bad brown seedlings.
OG18 has stretched in 3 days under a really low wattage LED lamp in a dome, so I transplanted them into small coco pots and moved them down to the tent then set them up to receive 7k lux:
HG4 also popped readily, they were really fresh seeds, they're trying to get up and out to shrug off their shells in the dome:
I only had 6 PTK seeds, and being down to 3 decided to throw all of them in water to see if they can survive the battle of the fittest that the others have failed so far.
That's all I have to report for now. Just praying these PTK crack and HG4 are able to get out of their shells and up easily!
Off we go!