99's Fling in the Tin Foil Forest

That thing looks gorgeous! How many watts can you run it on?

1 Like

I think it consumes about 135 W; Not sure what that equates to, but the plants are eating it up.

I blew this answer. Your link is for the VyprX which pulls around 525W

1 Like

The 5 Durban x SFV OG’s that survived germination are starting to lose the 2-tone look and darken up.

Good news and bad news from Fluence.

Good news, got the needed part.

Bad news, defective Mean Well Driver for Vypr is on a truck heading for Texas.

Good news, replacement should be here mid-week next week.

Bet it works next time.

8 Likes

A friend suggested I look at these. I needed an isolated male closet. $72. Next winter I’ll really need it. For now a little test run.

Done for sure.

9 Likes

Ha love your “nut hut” and only $72 buck :+1: looks like it should do the trick nicely

1 Like

A guy i know had two of those panels in a little 60 x 60 x 120cm tent last year. His plants usually seemed to start out ok but things didn’t go so well when he tried flowering autos under them a few times. They mostly stayed very small and produced roughly 10 to 14gm each.

He’s now got my old cob rig in a wardrobe, hopefully that’ll work out better for him.

5 Likes

That little light should do fine for flowering a smallish male for pollen. You dont need much pollen to get the job done. If your intent is to do a selection, you might consider more light to get their full phenotypical expression.

I bet Fluence is looking for more arms and legs. :grin:

4 Likes

So I wanted to check on the girls just before the light went out.

Looks like the bud weight on this plant is good, but I’m thinking Cheri Almondine will need some stakes, and maybe some improvement on the structure as we go forward. The plant made about 6 weeks before this happened.

WTF

11 Likes

Shit did the stem snap or was it just falling over?

2 Likes

Snapped almost completely at the base.

Only one choice, see pic 2

4 Likes

Found something we do similar here. Most the local ones don’t post anywhere and were using local seedbank overpriced rubbish.
@kushyhaze had plants off me already vegged for him.
And a nice little bean stash to get him by too. (Then he joined overgrow)

Absolutely loving the small scale indoors you got going on and the “ahem” ray44 but I definitely never said that should anyone ask. Strips yadda yadda.:rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Just getting comfortable with a new soil recipe and all new lighting.

Generally more food and pH correction are making the difference.

8 Likes

Well, it appears that the soil is just fine and the new Ray44 with the Green House spectrum is a beast.

Ray has been brought back to about 16" and the sprouts are responding well. These got pretty roughed up, but the plants are vigorous and expected to make a full recovery.

7 Likes

Cheri Almondine BX 1 is under way.

On the hunt for some healthy males. These are set under a Ray22 at about 8" or so. Getting this business dialed in and happy about that.

8 Likes

Two little Delirious sprouts are looking pretty good. Some light damage to these, but recovering just fine.

9 Likes

They certainly look perky brother. I’ve just took in an orphan purple Badlands to go into a 2x4 tin foil palace under 480w of non dimmable solstrips. Making sure I see how the ray44 does so I’m subbed for this love affair

4 Likes

This Ray44 has the Greenhouse Spectrum. It is more intense than the Indoor Spectrum. This light needs to be about 16" above the canopy. I have a Ray22 with the Indoor Spectrum and this can ride about 6-8" above the canopy.

The strips need to be around 16" (40cm) too, right?

2 Likes

At 40w per strip i find they need to be at least 30cm above the canopy but at 28w they can get to within 15cm. If lack of height in your space is an issue you can run them at lower power and use more strips to get the same output. That’s what i had to do for my mrs cos her auto tent is only 1.5M in height.

2 Likes

Delirious 1 & 2

Durban X San Fernando Valley OG

4 of the new seedlings have shown after 3.5 days. I did set them deep this time, but looks like germ rates may be off a bit. The mother plant of these seeds is the one that snapped off clean at the base of the stalk a short time ago.

Got some clones running.

Left to right, Cali-O-Durban, Time Wreck, Diamonds & Pearls No 6 and Cheri Almondine

Flowering a Cali-O-Durban Male in a storage closet. This closet will eventually be emptied and made into the male shack. This closet is where I grew my first indoor grow ever. Should be some good juju left in here.

7 Likes

This Agent 99 Clone is seeded and has about 2 weeks left. This is the last plant I will flower under the Gavita 600W HPS. Starting up again shortly after the tent is cleaned with a new LED system.

12 Likes