A Better Way to Giveaway?

Maybe if you do it once or twice. I’ve seen someone try this almost daily and not have any luck. Then again it’s because they do it almost daily lol

No shade either, doesn’t bother me any. I just think it’s ironic and a little funny :smile:

4 Likes

I’ve given away more seeds than I have won
That’s life lol,but it is cool when you win some seeds

7 Likes

I’m not asking for seeds nor do I need any, this thread is simply about how the giveaways could be accessible to a broader audience

For people with slower internet, dibs does not work, am I being clear enough for you, “do you understand the words coming out of my mouth”

No tantrum, just a simple discussion

3 Likes

I have seen that too but those folks are usually either on day one with OG or are just constantly asking. Freaks me.out a bit to see those getting constant seeds yet ask for more daily. Clearly these folks are greedy and it is a bit annoying. I love giving free seeds but have zero interest in just sending hundreds of seeds for someone to sell or store since they cant grown anywhere near the amount the are receiving.

11 Likes

Hey guys I would have loved to join in the fun but as has been mentioned the Internet data speed and me being in a different hemisphere let alone country made it impossible but I had a laugh and thats what its all about, having fun with friends☺

10 Likes

@DougDawson did one the other day guessing his grandmas name and he always mixes it up. I have seen multiple times people giving seeds to others randomly after brief chats…@anon93244739 giveaway was huge and would have been impossible with anything other than dibs. I see the real problem being people who are here just for seeds and don’t participate in forums or read anything but it is blatantly obvious who those people are.

6 Likes

OK, OG Peeps, Misterbee’s Giveaway 101!!! Not gonna change a thing, it will ALWAYS be an appeal to FIFTY MEMBERS, sign up, donate X number of $'s to OG Fund (NOT TO ME!!!), @LemonadeJoe will confirm when ALL monies have been collected. I will then list about 60 - 75 Strains (probably MULTIPLES of some, 1A, 1B, 1C, etc), Signees will then enter their choice by replying in the Thread (NO WIKI). This way, it behooves the member to read the Thread to see what has ALREADY been selected (I WON’T be advising). Once ALL Signees have selected, I will request Personal Info by PM. Because my Town has a s-m-a-l-l Post Office, only ONE Customer at a time, it usually takes TWO weeks to get everything airborne. IF, as it happened to 3 members, Postal Services fail to deliver, I WILL resend. It’s sometimes hectic, but all-in-all, quite a good show!!! Plus, for the last week leading up the “official date”, you may get a story or two, 3, 4, 5, etc. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

28 Likes

I’m in @misterbee

1 Like

Heys I’ll send you some free seeds, just send me a stamped and addressed envelope and they’re yours, no garrentees what they are!

3 Likes

Where are you located? Slow Net won’t stop “someone” sending beans…hint-hint!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I actually really love this way of doing things as well. Benefits the whole community and is just about as accessible as you can make it without having to deal with people just trying to grift. Your options might be THE option, lacking a forum implemented one.

4 Likes

I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’d be bummed to not have gotten anything yesterday but it’s the kind of bummed you are when your buddies just beat you at horseshoes or something. Where you jokingly call them a bastard and everyone is just having a good time.

Minus some BBQ to eat while hanging in there that thread was my 4th of July BBQ and it was a good one!

7 Likes

I agree bud, the sheer size of @anon93244739 s giveaway could not have been handled better. It was too big and he did amazing. Same with he way @misterbee does it, it’s always fun. Nice to explore alternatives but would not expect anyone to change the way they do things. In the end I appreciate all these folks even if something on my end wont let me participate in every game. Missing 1 opportunity means very little with so many generous folks around here.

8 Likes

Yep me too, I’m in NZ

right on! I just watched the feeding frenzy. it was quite a show.

3 Likes

You know, I had the Dialog Box all ready, typed, ready to hit the ole Reply Button. I’d get a message, click to read, come back, Dibs OVER!!! Then, in the middle, Queen Bee wanted to go Strawberry picking. Drove 45 minutes, the frigging place was closed!!! Jumped on the 'puter, as soon as I saw the Metallic Pic start scrolling, I hit Reply, lucked out. When they arrive, they’ll be included in the September Thingy. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Solid way to do things @misterbee .

3 Likes

I’ve decided that I’m going to do my giveaways a little different.for instance, when the unicorn poop seeds arrive, my giveaway will be open for entry for 2 hours.

You’ll need to get a kid to hand draw a pic of a unicorn pooping to be eligible though…lol

8 Likes

Oh I can cheat that one! My drawings will easily pass for a child’s. In fact, I’d have to. Both my kids draw better than me.

5 Likes

…and then I get my wife’s 11 year old to choose the best picture…lol

2 Likes