A big bears grows and tribulations

If you show us what you are doing before you power it up, some of us might catch some trouble issues.

I have wired homes before, and I know there are some very talented folks watching.

99%

2 Likes

Exactlyā€¦ Cause I wanna see what your working with @Morgwar, I really want LED

1 Like

This is an expensive year my friends as Iā€™m trying to expand for the commercial licencing coming up next October.
Ill likely get really creative to light up that 8x10 shed and ill post what I can!
Iā€™m gonna try posting another anjiit build before Christmas and ill try to go step by step. Its a cheap but monstrously powerful cob and I think youā€™ll like it.

4 Likes

Good luck, Iā€™m rooting for ya to go commercialā€¦ I know its costly as hell around here!

Massive sale at greenpoint seeds today for the chem heads out there.

Nevermind his credit cards are down

yes they were $17 a pack for black friday ! well lots of them were

1 Like

Oh geez! all my rambling and Iā€™ve forgot to update!
Iā€™ve taken 2 clones of chem 91#12ā€™s male and put him in the cab with 91#12 fem and mr nice Shi+
Iā€™m going to let him completely seed them both!
He should be dropping pollen next week.
SEED RUN! Ha Iā€™ve got enough to smoke.
time to get some seed stock! Mr nice is pretty far along but sheā€™ll yield ok think.
Peepshow in a week or so but ill post some in the interim.

1 Like

:thumbsup: .and easy as 123

1 Like

Week six is over and 7 has started. Ill get some pix up tomorrow at lights on.
weā€™ve slowed down a bit and 91#12 is showing some fade and a little nute deprived. Iā€™ve added a tbsp of Biogrow to her coconut milk and water routine to rejuvenate some soil activity and get her what she needs. Its been three days of 16 hr shifts so weā€™ll finally see if its helped.
Mean while Iā€™ve been reading up on cannabis genetics and breeding.
I read dj shorts book and wouldnā€™t suggest it.
All I got is a bunch of spiritual mumbo jumbo and a very speedy and incomplete look at mendellian genetics.
Greg greens breeders bible reads like a text book, so far heā€™s covered Carl von Linneā€™s classification system, the relationship between Jean Baptiste de Lamark and Charles Darwins works, and Nicolai Vavilovā€™s discovery of sativa and indica varieties.
More importantly in chapter 2 he goes into great depth explaining the Hardy Wienberg model of genetic equilibrium, including his formulas and percentages as well as how we use them to determine genetic frequency.
Chapter two reads straight out of a molecular biology textbook and is very comprehensive.
Iā€™m sure dj short is an incredible breeder, but his book does no favors.

4 Likes

Gotta head on over here and add a couple from your stash.

1 Like

Thanks man!
I donā€™t have many. Carol Deppe has been my go to for veggies for more than a decade. Ill pop in!

Speaking of fumbling attempts at growin lol.
My chem 91#12 is recovering a bit from underfeeding but in my tent sheā€™s fading a bit to early at 7 weeks as I believe this is a 9 to 10 week strain.
My temps are 81f at lights on and 68 at lights off
She lost most of her smell or only smells minutes before lights on. I hope this is all my fault because sheā€™s gonna get seeded soon.
I have 6 more to pop just to see if this is the norm but Iā€™ve got other strains needing attention.

Mr nice Shi+ is supposed to be ready to harvest but looks like sheā€™s not ready at all.
Iā€™ve gotton diminished smell on her too so I think I either messed up using new soil or the 11/13 light regimine isnā€™t optimal.

I used sohum living soil due to my supersoil mix being tied up in a cooking cycle. I think ill need to rethink doing that again.
Minor tweeks, always learning, forever newbie lol.

Post edit, closer examination of these pics and this Bruinā€™s NOT HAPPY! minor growth, like the last week didnā€™t happen.
I might be off on finishing times or may have gotten long flowering phenos though. The red in the diesels leaves are par for the course but, somethings not right.

12 Likes

Hope ya figure it out, curious to see what you discover as the problemā€¦

Looking great though Morg!

1 Like

I hate spending time on plants that donā€™t shape up the way i want, you canā€™t get those months back. Ha! Ha! Sorry you got trapped, hopefully they improve during final ripening. :relaxed:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been examining the soil pots and I think there are dry spots not getting moisture. Like a third of the pot.
Iā€™m giving them a soak in the bath tub,
Smell wise the male is more impressive than the female at this point. A week ago both plants reeked of sulfur and rotted carcass lol.
Not liking this soil mix or the pots right now.

2 Likes

I used 707 for years, Ocean Forest was a stand bye for years, but i mix my own soil because the quality has gone to shit. I gave up on buying a base and amending because it was not as good and just as much work as building my own from composted rootballs and my outdoor compost pile. (with additions) Once you get over the learning curve it is easy and more productive. It also gives you the option of, ROLS or no till.

4 Likes

Absolutely lol
I just finished cooking a batch. Next time ill just wait.

1 Like

Woke up this morning to that lovely smell overpowering my modest charcoal filter.
Yesterday I threw em both on the bathtub in 10 gallons/3 inches of Biogrow water and let em soak.
The leaves drooped a bit from drowning for 45 mins but popped right back up after I pulled them out.
I guess its bathtub watering from now on lol

3 Likes

So smell has since improved? Thatā€™s great morgwar, I always wondered why my plants stunk sometimes and not othersā€¦

Also do you notice more smell at lights out?