A big bears grows and tribulations

Some pregnant close ups of 91#12 and sh!t

Its really weird fully pollinating these females and not trying to salvage some smoke.
I’m keeping notes on the 9112 male for breeding purposes. I’ve noticed his flower structure is about the same as the females bud structure.
He also has the same smell at lower concentration.
Another thing is that like his female, he just keeps producing flowers stacking as time goes on.
One thing that bothers me is that he shows the same early fade as the female, whereas the Mr nice plant in the same soil shows almost no fade whatsoever.

Breeding wise ill be watching for phenos that take longer to fade, so in the future runs ill need to ensure my soil recipe is measured and cooked to the exact specifications as the previous generation.
Ill also be looking for uniformity in structure and of course terp profile.
For me potency is secondary but in this case the previous breeder was concentrating on that entirely so not much to worry about there.
The biggest thing I’m curious about is the root ball in this case.
Post mortem on chem 91’s in general, I need to see at least 80/20 root to soil at finish.

11 Likes

Those are some beautiful looking males you got there I’m excited to see the babies!!!

Thanks man! That little dude shows grace even though he’s about to end.
Hard part is they’re done smoke wise but I’ve got to let em run for 3 or 4 more weeks for good seed.
Those shit/diesels are gonna rock hardcore.
Ill get some headed your way when they’re ready.

5 Likes

Very excited man love your little breeding projects they look like they’re all going to turn out awesome

1 Like

Black lebanon seed from geneseeds planted 3 of 7 in a pack. Really pretty striping.

Bc bud depot, the black.
My last three, hoping for a male!

10 Likes

Apparently, someone was trying to photograph @Morgwar 's outdoor grow. Heheheh

He’s all over the news today!

11 Likes

Yep! photographers make great snacks!
One day they’ll learn lol

2 Likes

Looks like these are pretty “High Fat” snacks.

I thinking the one already down and the red head aren’t making it! LOL

99%

1 Like

Haha nope, hes pulling out ginger snaps from his teeth as we speak

2 Likes

Freakin ginger snaps.

Ribs hurts, trouble breathing!

2 Likes

I love ginger snaps!!!
Ginger women are welcome too.
Maybe if they’d bring beer and bud I’d let em take a few pics

3 Likes

In waiting for em to bring back the short faced bear Jurassic park style.

Ah, Ginger.

3 Likes

Seeds are a popp’n

I don’t think the Mr nice took as well but might get a few. Chem 9112 is showing green seeds top to bottom.

15 Likes

Nice tops all loaded up. Looking great with the colors too. I just found that all the best seeds were the most secure and protected. Just had three plants give me a grip. I had to dig hard in the diesel moonshine for the good dark ones. Basically let them all die in their pot and dry out on the branch and she just wouldn’t let me have em. They’re huge seeds too.

1 Like

Thanks man! That makes sense too, because those seeds would be a bit more mature and closer to the nutrition source.
If you have a grow or smoke report on that diesel moonshine let me know, I’ve got a pack of diesel moonshine and old time moonshine and can’t wait to try that mosca gear!

Wish I could give you a good report but I let my seeders stay outside and take everything Mother Nature threw at them. Puffed some of the waste and would say it tasted like bubblegum and Vick’s vapor rub/super glue. Finished correctly I know I’d like the buzz.

The particular DM was surrounded by three ladies covered in powdery mildew and didn’t get any, but had some black jive on it. Gooey and greasy and packing on trichs early.

The old timer sounds so good. Not a lot of info floating around about Mosca, but what is, is all really good.

2 Likes

Hope you kept a cut of that male, he sounds resilient!

1 Like

May be a while untill I get the iso chamber set up but it does have some potential tenants
Here’s the current 91#12 males clone

The latest cut of my f1 copper chem

On the right a reveged bear og #4(karma og) male
And on the right a neglected ak47.

I’m not fancy with my cloning or farming for that matter.
I usually just cut a good shoot under a stream of water from the big farm sink in the mud room, stuff it in a soaked rapid rooter give it a gentle squeeze and put a mason jar over it in the ambient light of the room.
Roots in 5 to 8 days and plopped into used soil from a previous grow.
Not pretty but I treat em no different from my tomatoes.

8 Likes

Honestly though from what I’ve learned, I won’t be using the males for back crosses if all goes well.
The males are more for future out crosses, but also serve as a genetic anchor point in case something weird pops up later down the line or if there’s a trait I absolutely have to nail down fast.
I think I like Tga subcool’s method of avoiding back crosses.
Sensi seeds says the same.

"Inbreeding depression

After crossing and possibly back-crossing for several generations, the desired traits should begin to express in all individuals. However, after many generations of essentially limiting and reducing the gene pool so that only desired traits express, the resulting paucity of genetic material can lead to a level of inbreeding that is detrimental to the overall health and sustainability of the strain."

This goes along with what I know of veggies and various livestock, but with plants the damage should be less from what little I know

I might try both ways though and compare if I have the space.

1 Like