A big bears grows and tribulations

I’d like a solid 3 or 4 months one on one time with their old time moonshine strain. Nice long veg, cab all to itself, 10 gallon pot lol. Really get to know her.
I miss those grows.

2 Likes

Big seeds are oddball seeds :pushpin:

So far i’ve seen fem and auto flower seed are small unlike reg seeds much bigger and bulk.

2 Likes

That is right. Can’t compare the fruit of a big tree to that of a small tree… Unless it’s hydroponic! HAHAHA

AutoFem seeds tend to be small, their parents are small too.

1 Like

That why i choose auto or fem seeds to guarantee you to harvest plant as an end result.

Way i see it, if it shows cotyledons, it’s up to us to take it to harvest. To me it’s all user related issues after that. Obviously there are exceptions but yeah.

1 Like

I’ve germinated lots of seeds in the reg category they never list how much by weight the end results are.

I could show you an outcome of reg sized seeds germinated in H20.

I seem to have gotton a multitude of sizes with my regs. I think ill try to sprout the worst looking ones to get a feel of what’s what.

1 Like

What he said @horribleherk56! Proud to have you here.

1 Like

really appreciate the welcome everyone here has shown me thanks all around!

Yo bro, I can relate. I’m 65 this year and my first car was a 68 Chevy Impala SS. My evil stepmother gave it to me when I was in High School. Love this forum.
oleskool!

3 Likes

Good Growin’ brother!

4 Likes

it is nice to just be yourself & grow & share the experience

3 Likes

The odd sizes of the seeds is weird, so I have no observation based perspective to offer on that subject, but the premie seeds…

I really should post some pics of the seeds made with the diesel moonshine pollen. Most of the seed membrane, markings and stripes came off while they were curing or was coming off while harvesting them. Almost all of the DM I have now are just plain looking. Some darker than others, but still very plain.

Did you let them finish with the plant and basically cure on the plant while the plant died? I think the calyx or leafy material (I don’t know what it’s called) surrounding the seed might loosen the membrane and hold on to it actually, to help boost the seeds potential to germinate like in the natural world? It’s a hunch.

1 Like

The seed forms at the center of the calyx. The calyx layers the seed together with the last layers of skin being protection against the environment. Usually, it is best to let the seed harden fully, inside of the bud and let the plant run all the way, without regard for quality of smoke. It is seeds we want, right?

3 Likes

The seed is the prize in this scenario for sure. So it could very well be the last layer is peeling away that protective membrane on the seed as a final ditch effort. It could make the seeds look premature or plain. I think @morgwar’s pics of the seeds show all the stages basically.

I’m glad I knew I didn’t know I knew what the calyx was. :wink:

1 Like

These are perfect looking seeds.

@Muleskinner’s Hurlke F2

3 Likes

Or that it was peeled away before it could finish adhering it.

1 Like

i guess i know which strain i’m making coconut oil with first :wink:

1 Like

Some of @kalgrae’s diesel moonshine pollen took! Thanks man! We’re 1 week back into 12/12. Males are ready. Next sunday is date night

9 Likes

Well, pollination is done on everyone except 1 black Lebanese with a tea tree oil/ herbal smell and and 1 incredibly fruity trix cereal killing fields.
Both waiting on jack the ripper male to pop.
the jack the ripper male is very lemon, like powdered lemon drink mix, so this should be interesting.

Black lebanon x killing fields

Successful swollen calyxes show on
black leb x killing fields male
cali sour d × diesel moonshine m
Cali sour d ×chem 91 12 m
Copper chem f2fem x ccf1from seed male
The black x the black was done today
And I gave a (original sour diesel haze???) Male an isolated bud off cali connection sour d just for kicks
also finishedthe black ×black lebanese
Here’s diesel moonshine/sour d

This was difficult and I can see where mistakes could be made. so to take this seriously I need to concentrate on one or two crosses at a time going forward.
But for now I have these done and a long road ahead

11 Likes