A big bears grows and tribulations

hey morgwar dou think the citizen cobs would work in one of those anjeet lights ? cob kits has them pretty regular they’re a bit easier to find than the vero 18

1 Like

This thread got disorganised and its been a tough end to 2017. 2018 is going to be fire though, so here’s the line up.
GPS Copper chem (chem4xchemdbx3 f3) no seed run evaluation
Top dawg chem star (chemd x (chem4xchemdbx3)) f1 no seed evaluation.
Morgwar sour d x chem 91#12 f1 evaluation no seed run.
Killing fields x black Lebanese f1 possible seed run to f2.
Top dawg inner eye (headband X onycd) inbred to f2
Time to test crosses and refill the coffers with sinsemilla.

2 Likes

I think the citi 12 12 will work and probably better than the veros because it will be slightly underdriven and have higher efficiency.

1 Like

Be sure to crack her open and check her out before you get your cobs!
The drivers in mine shown here have a 30-40 volt output at 1200 mah. But Chinese manufacturing is variable and you might get something different.

The citi 12/12 lists as.
“CLU-1212 is a nominal 36V COB which can operate up to 2.76A max (approximately 100W). Best efficiency is seen below 50W with this chip.”

As you can see mine are running 60 watts so you’d be in good range for efficiency

3 Likes

On cob kits.com citi 1212s are running ten bucks a piece
https://cobkits.com/product/citizen-clu048-1212-80cri-gen5/
And the anjeet is running 139.00
https://www.amazon.com/Anjeet-Spectrum-COB-System-Replace/dp/B01DDC052E
So for 210.00 you get 360 actual running watts of high powered cob.

3 Likes

Those are the same ones i use for my 200W Citizen COBSs lamp.

2 Likes

Thanks morgwar the chips would be the last purchase as I would probably catch a sale & as you probably well know as newer & cooler stuff comes out deals on existing stuff pop up I’m underpowered in one of my 3x3 tents

1 Like

Best part is anjeet actually has some customer service and has been known to send replacement drivers.
Here’s a video of the conversion using citi 1212s on a 4cob version of the anjeet

That’s not my video by the way.

2 Likes

thank you I imagine the same would hold true for the 9 cob version just configured a bit different what simplifies this is they pretty much wire up one way & not cob to cob where series/parallel would be an issue this looks very similar to my 6-cob Johnson that I’ve never had apart yet but can see heat sinks & wiring uses Cree 3070 cobs but light says made in China on it possibly uses some same internals & charge top dollar

1 Like

I watched all 3 videos once again thank you the ol’ wheels are turnin

2 Likes

I gotta say killing fields is the first sweet fruity strain I’ve liked so far in the terp dept.
I tend not to like citrusy and fruity strains but this one is straight out opening a box of trix cereal shaking it up and taking a big whiff.
You know how banana stickers or air fresheners smell nicer than real bananas, kinda like that.

4 Likes

Many thanks and much love to my brother @Morgwar. You have excited an old hippie very much, providing an opportunity to grow one of my all time favorites! Very generous and honorable.
I will return the gesture as soon as I have something worthy. Jah! (Delivered today)
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

No prob man! I hope they do well for you

To any others waiting, I did resend.
Changed the packaging a bit, Not sure why they’re not making it.
If ya get two, call it better chances of germ lol.
Not a lot of nice looking seeds left, mostly pale brown now.
Some of the sour diesel moonshine seeds are black and look like they’ll drop, but most have a few weeks to go.
Got a lot of seed shucking to do in April.

4 Likes

Repotting inner eye tomorrow and will get some pics up of those beauties. I’m going to tear down and sanitize this tent after the seed run.
Im feeling sacrilegious today and those obsessed with chemgenetics might see why

Chem d (chem 4 x chemd bx) Corey cut.
Chem 4 (chem 4 x chemd bx) kate cut.

Coke and Pepsi basically.
Anyway too many projects, not enough space.

8 Likes

Fricken top dawg inner eye was all males.
The weed lords have spoken. Finish the seed run and do some spring cleaning.
The line up mentioned above is the same except the inner eye,though I may be tempted to cross chem star with copper chemf3. In fact I believe I will.
I’m replacing inner eye with pre 98 ak 47 for its own seed run.
2 more weeks and its sinsemilla beauty pageant time. Better get poppin!

4 Likes

Good luck on the next run. :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

I like the way you think brother @Morgwar! Keep those Dawgs barkin’!

This threads getting dry for pictures so…
I believe this is 3 weeks from pollination 5 weeks total flower.
In only after seeds so this was done in 3 gal bags and no emphasis on production of smokeable product except hash.

I can’t wait to hang these and clean up. Its time to reboot my stash and get some 5 gallon pots with some supersized females.
In hoping the f3 copper chem, black leb x killing fields, sour d x 9112 and sour d x diesel moonshine get dry enough to pop during the week or so it’ll take to clean, mix soil and set up the next run.
I have chem star and a bunch others to stand in if not.
I’m thinking of doing a chem star vrs copper chem Run with chem 91#12 f2 and maybe green points garlix ( chem dd x star dawg) or a symbiotic purple starburst.
I’d like to get some non chem stuff going so there’s a possibility of running a green manilishi, ak47, tga the void,
I really don’t want to run more than 4 plants in a 3x3 but if I go sog I might be able to run as many as six.
I don’t like defoliating but it may be interesting to try it.
The new 5x5 tent is in but lighting and ventilation ate still in the works. And the toughshed build is pushed back to late spring.
Even with leds I’m looking at 5 bucks a day electrical so decisions, decisions.

Edit pic order lebanon, the black, copper, and killing fields

5 Likes

Oh yes! Do this one! What a cross. Smoke should be crippling! Much Respect my friend.

1 Like