A big bears grows and tribulations

Lol which one or all three.
Chem star is chem d heavy so a cross to garlix should have a few solid chem d genotypes
Crossing to copper would likely give at Least one of its offspring a perfect mix of chem d and chem 4.
They’re all from the same mother plant so I do plan on crossing all of them in efforts to make the perfect homogenous chem and only selecting kids that exhibit all three.
Ill let you pick lol.

3 Likes

Like I’ve said before, I like the way you think @Morgwar!

3 Likes

Ill plan a cross of chem star and copper and chem star and garlix. They won’t be pretty done in the breeder bucket in 1 or 2 gallon pots but ill share the progeny!
Pretty easy though. I just need a solid chem star male and a female of garlix and copper, crowd em all in at 12/12 and let the magic happen
Chucking at its finest lol

4 Likes

I have a great chem 91 but I’m missing a chem sister so if anybody has a lead on a chem sis or chem sis x stardawg ill be sure to share the outcome. Right now its just chucking but this summer were going legit with real selection.
I Will have the perfect chem or die trying!!! Lol

1 Like

Nevermind lol!
Chem sis x onycd (chem91 x tresdawg)

Gotta save my pennies.

4 Likes

So the plan is to chuck, chem star x (chem dd x star dawg) and chuck, chem star x copper chem.
Ill start another thread and pop 25 seeds of chem star x dd.
Between Greg green and dj short I’ve read that 25 plants is the minimum for the selection process.
I’m an amateur in cannibas and this isn’t for commercial purposes so ill grow 25 plants and select them down to 9 at 3 weeks veg.
Selection will be based on overall health, vigour and early terps.
The males will be set aside and selected for terps structure and the latest to flower.
The 9 remaining females will be grown SOG and culled further based on terps smell and vigour at 3 weeks flower then fertilized by the winning male.
All but 30 seeds will be given away.
Rinse repeat for every cross I’ve done untill everything is at f3 or more.
This will be done on OG so you all can help select based on pics, And ill encourage anyone who gets my seeds to do the same.
If enough of us get keepers, and breed and trade OG can be the catalyst to free the chemdog strain from its greedy curse of f#ckery and betrayal.
chemdawg belongs to the masses!

7 Likes

Amen brother! Jah! Take me with you on this safari through nirvana! I’ll die along side you and those barkin’ dawgs!
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

So I’ve got the old breeder bucket out and thinking of some changes before the chemstar/copper/garlix chuck. Maybe upgrading to a 55 gallon “bucket” and some hepa filtration.
Ill post picks when I get going on it.
The 3x3 after sterilization is getting an 8 plant SOG run with a little bit of a chem break for my personal stash.

plaza boss by shoreline genetics.(Texas shoreline x Rks)
The void by subcool
Green manilishi a motarebel g13 bx
Berenger beans gorrila grape f3
Another killing fields by sannies
Sunshine daydream by bohdi
Purple kandahar by a buddy
And greenpoint seeds gunslinger.(starfighterf1 x stardawg)
I’m hoping to go with promix hp and a test run of megacrop on 4 of them and the rest in my recycled natural soil mix. If I see something special ill grab clones and breed f2s later

9 Likes

Did a seed check up today and we’re pretty dang close
Huge seeds but a few are still a bit green.

Black lebanon x killing fields f5

Cali con sour d x chem 91#12

Cali con sour d x kalgrae’s diesel moonshine pollen

Bc buds “the black” x killing fields is done and drying

Killing fields x jack the ripper

Copper needs 1 more week maybe more being a typical sativa

The seeding went a lot better this time, and the seeds are huge compared to the chem 91#12run
So far I’ve learned,

1. isolate from and spray down other girls for a cautionary measure
  2. fully dust with male in separate building or air isolated room and change clothes/take shower before getting back to the home tent room or building
    3.let her set for a 3 or 4 hours
  3. Drench fertilized plant in water and let sit again for a few.
    5 spray down the other girls before returning her to the tent.
  4. rinse repeat for each.
    With this method there is simply no smokeable bud so be warned.
    A 18 inch tall plant will give a huge yield of seeds so no need to veg forever.
    Everything but copper will be chopped on Friday.
    Its going to be a lovely spring.
    Good hunting!
15 Likes

from the looks of those flowers the seeds will be killer! :+1:

I see I"m not the only one who operates out of the bathroom! It’s great, you can watch yourself transplanting in the mirror. :smiley: The bathtub comes in handy too.

5 Likes

Much Respect my friend @Morgwar. Those look deliciously plump and juicy! Anxious for a smoke report. Keep them Dawgs barking my brother!
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Yessir the bath tub is my secret weapon for watering and the mirror gives more viewing perspective lol. wife hates it though!

@Oleschool830
Not much there to smoke lol its all seeds

5 Likes

you have definitely been busy can’t wait to see some of these crosses grown out I actually ran killing fields for awhile

2 Likes

Thanks man! I snuck a sample off what little bud there is of killing fields and its a very very happy buzz! Fruity pebbles or trix cereal terps.
Any info or opinion on it is appreciated man!

2 Likes

I had a pheno of k/f that got so purple it was almost black & yielded good the black sounds like something good to cross it with I’ve grown bc mango but never the black or god bud I guess these days those would be called old school funny thing they’re all coming back I’m running that jack herer/ blackberry kush & just love her

3 Likes

My bc the black had some serious leaf mutations, so I may not go forward on that line. Im going to pop a few of the seeds this summer and see if there’s anything worth salvaging.
After this stash restock run I’ve got to figure out which of these f2s are going to f3. Ill need both tents to do selection on just one cross I think so its hard to choose.

1 Like

I do have a pack of their god bud from way back.
I think everyone’s going back to the classics because their tired of the polyhybrid hype.

3 Likes

So posted this up in the landrace freebie thread and a big thanks to those guys, but I wanted to point it the kaya 47 and ak 47 packs I recently picked up.
Way back in the late 90s I was a guerrilla grower up north and the only strain at the time I could get to finish with the short seasons was AK47.
I never killed the males and always sold swag/seedy bud which still kicked ass on the brick that was the only other thing available.
I didn’t do any kind of selection but I saved seeds every generation.
I started with a 10 pack of ak47 and after several generations I started to have problems.
Weird leaf curl, stringy plants, low yield.
Occasionally a freak like this lady here

So I’m thinking this lines probably screwed from inbreeding but those plants used to stink up the whole county so its hard to let go.
I heard serious seeds current ak47 is still the bomb and kaya 47 is slaying it, so I’m gonna try to renew my line in the near future

So I’ve got

1. the copper chem project
    2.the smoke stash re-up
  2. the diesel project
    4.AK47 restoration
    5.run a line of my crosses to f3
    I have a 5x5 and a 3x3 tent a 2x3 cab and a couple breeder buckets.
    Recent financial issues have temporarily killed my tough shed grow room project so ill likely only get 3 of those things done in 2018.
    Lol I’ve bitten off more than I can chew.
    I hope Nevada allows outdoor growing in October when the licenses are released because I could use some help from the big yellow grow light in the sky.
8 Likes

I lost a crop on the eastern slope of the sierras ( plumas co.) in the late 80s due to late snow in June & early frost in sept. an autoflower would of probably worked.

1 Like

Nice photo! Is that you?

1 Like