A big bears grows and tribulations

Thanks!
It is kinda nice because the black plates pick up heat from the light.

3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Happy hunting, good hunter. :bear:

1 Like

I was noticing that growth was a bit slow after transplant some dark leaves and curling
I decided to check the soils pH and it was a fricken 7.0 !
Iā€™ve adjusted my well water pH to 5.5 and gave them a good drenching and about 4hrs later were down to 6.0. Iā€™m going to give em a day or two and adjust the water lower if I have to.
The soil buffer isnā€™t in place yet from the looks of things
On Friday it will be 2weeks in soil and weā€™re definitely behind schedule growth wise.

4 Likes

Well hereā€™s the current chem family after a neem bath.
Were two weeks from seed plugs on Friday
had a setback with pH but looking decent now. pH is holding at 6.0 so I wonā€™t mess with it to avoid shock. Iā€™ll push for 5.5 if the clawing doesnā€™t let up.
Blue left is black gold, orange left is copper chem,
Orange right is garlix, purple right is top dawgā€™s chem star. And purple in the back is my Cali con sourd x 91chem 12 cross.

6 Likes

really loving your thread man, especially like how youā€™re very transparent and detailed in your processes and the obvious passion for what youā€™re doing. one question though, why selecting males which open latest? thanks~

3 Likes

Thanks the encouragement is very apreciated.
I read that picking males that show last preserves that tendency.
That way future generations of males wonā€™t pop before the female is ready.
Some would select males that go early, in hopes it passes to the females development traits.
Its personal preference really.

3 Likes

What did you think of the Black Lebanon, I got some seeds and Iā€™ll put them this year, itā€™s one of the few that I need to try this bank.

2 Likes

It is in some peoples opinion that potency is also correlated with lateness as earliness is correlated with low potency, I have tried many early strains and somewhere in breeding they all seem to lose strength, guess its the ruderalis traits coming through??

3 Likes

Black lebenon is very floral in scent. Very hard to describe. Not picky at all in feeding.
I donā€™t have much to smoke but Iā€™ll do a full report after my UA for my new position at work is done.

3 Likes

3weeks+from seed and Iā€™m gonna say 1week veg.
pH issues are under control but we do have a couple runts.

Thereā€™s stem rub funkyness on 3 chem stars, 2 garlix, 2 ak47, 1copper has the mothballs smell and another has the sweaty armpit deal.
both of my sour 91s have my beloved burnt matches scent just like mom and dad :joy:.
So while my chem star/copper beans are drying my sour 91s will get a 25 plant selection run mid summer.
As soon as chem star/copper is dry Iā€™ll be releasing half the seed stock.

9 Likes

Some shots three weeks veg some showing sex.
Iā€™ve culled 2ak47s 1chem star and 2 black goldā€™s.
About half have a strong stem rub.
The roots look good but will need transplant next weekend.
Iā€™ve. Started feeding megacrop at 1/2 tsp a gallon and they are liking it a lot.
The nodes on all of them are very tight.
After xplant these babies will explode.
Cutting light from 18 on to 14 on to get sexing out of the way. Should be able to put em back in full veg
After transplant.

My 91 sour is showing a lot of promise and I look forward to her first solo selecting run.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve found all the stuff I want to make strains out of and Iā€™ve dropped the polyhybrid deal largely.
I shoot for buying stuff Iā€™ve never tried now and good solid worked strains for the most part.
The wife loves mushrooms and has made a request but I think weā€™ll learn together and then Iā€™ll let that be her deal.
Mushrooms donā€™t jive with this ole :bear:

7 Likes

Very interesting. Thank you for that @Morgwar. You jumped started the gears in my head this morning. By the way, Iā€™ve got 2 healthy chempups coming along nicely! Much respect. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Hey brother! @Morgwar! Iā€™m curious where you are on your persute of the baddest, big dog on the porch!

3 Likes

5 Likes

For the dogs Iā€™m a big fan of chem 4.
My favorite phenotypical expression has got a cloying sweet fuel smell, like gasoline and carnations. This one is found in my experience easily in copper chem, in about one in three plants.

Thatā€™s saying nothing of diesels which Iā€™m convinced are something much different being born of the chem 91 expression crossed to a skunk line and a northern lights line.
ā€œStrain Lineage / Genealogy
Sour Diesel Ā»Ā»Ā» Original Diesel x DNL
Original Diesel
Ā»Ā»Ā» Chemdawg x {MassSuperSkunk x SensiNL)ā€
Diesel is my favorite smoke, wakes me up, gets me rolling kills the pain and things get done.
The one I sent you has the full gamut of diesel genetics.
Iā€™m happy to say an ecsd clone is sourced and awaiting pick up, as soon as I get the time for a long drive.
Hereā€™s my hell hound
a Cali sour d X 91chem 12.

The chem star x copper project will give us a new take on Stardawg as a double backcross, back cross. Lilith will be an interesting girl!

11 Likes

The Hell Hound is a spectacular plant! I just like the way you approach these crosses. I would like to try crossing some keepers when I grow up! teehee. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Oh itā€™s" a " hell hound but I wonā€™t name it yet.
lots of work to do. So that oneā€™s Cali connections sour d X top dawgā€™s 91chem 12.
The one you have is the 91 chem 12 f2.
With Cali connection thereā€™s a history of herm tendencies so Iā€™m not giving that one out, until Iā€™ve run several of itā€™s offspring.

4 Likes

The plant above is part of a soil test run.
I basically took the rooted seedling and stuck it straight into my hot super soil/living soil mix.
Itā€™s a brutal test but both the plant and the soil are doing amazingly well.
I expected them to burn to a crisp but so far the Endo mycos are keeping her stable.
If this one takes the abuse and shows good growth/terps/buzz Iā€™ll do a full tent of them sog ā€œstyleā€(more like fog or forest of green with a long veg and giant, single cola monsters)
This will run concurrent with the chemstar/copper going in tent 2.

My modest selection plan is to start 25 plants in solo cups, grow for three weeks, cull down to 9 fems and set a few males aside.
Take the 9 fems, up pot to 3gallon containers and veg another 3weeks.
Then put into flower.
3 weeks into flower Iā€™ll pick three winning ladies and one lucky male
Let em go at it Vegas style.
Rinse repeat untill I see minor if any variants, then out cross to the clone only ecsd and start again.
Rinse repeat then back cross or outcross to another diesel that takes my fancy.
Admittedly Iā€™ll be ecstatic if I hit 75% true breeding by 2020
Chem star copper will be done the same.

7 Likes