A CBD thread

Maybe its time to start up a cbd thread on here that way its all right here.
Seems to be quite a few running cbd’s these days.
Whats really worth having and whats birdfeed, guys?

18 Likes

Just a suggestion- cbd flower is pretty cheap and so are the concentrates. Before dabbling in a grow, maybe pick up a couple strains to try out, make some gummies or something w concentrate. Could spend less than $100 and have a few things to try out.

No help here on growing anything out tho as I have not run any CBD strains myself yet. Snatch up a pack of sebrings double ought cherry, hes had that up on his site for awhile. Maybe a good starting point for ya.

10 Likes

tried some dispo cbd flower a 2:1 didnt do a thing for the wife or I but were old and resistant

6 Likes

Great thread OleReynard! CBD has literally changed my life! I eat two capsules made from AC/DC everyday - sometimes more.

Some people might want different cultivars for different situations. I personally don’t like smoking the super high cbd varieties - but that’s just me. A couple of my coworkers love to make spliffs with high cbd/no thc strains.

I have grown Charlotte’s web - it’s a joke - don’t waste your time. Charlotte’s Angel from dutch passion is much better. We have a cut that is like 16% cbd and like .5% thc and 5% terps. We just harvest a little early so we don’t run hot on thc tests. I’ve also grown AC/DC and imo it grows much more like a normal cannabis plant we’re all used to. Didn’t have that one tested, but it seems very low thc.

For smoking, I like the 2:1 strains. I’ve grown a couple phenos of Apollo x ac/dc (bodhi) and it was really nice smoke. Also grown a lot of Critical mass CBD at work, and it has a real nice terpene profile, huge yielder, easy to grow.

My 2¢ :v:

12 Likes

@PlantShepherd thats and interesting post, I do not know about cbd strains and running them. So how do you know when to pick them? do you look at the trikes ? if so what do you look for? how do you know when you have the best cbd from that plant?

2 Likes

and @PlantShepherd what does the cbd do for you personally?

2 Likes

I’m a CBD whore. A good 1:3 is about perfect for me personally. I wish more cultivars had a little CBD in them. I seem to get a lot stonier when I smoke THC/CBD ganja.

7 Likes

I’ve been playing around with CBD strains for a while now and make it into cocobudder and eat it. A lot less trimming involved as I just snip off what doesn’t have sugar on it then freeze the fresh bud for later processing.

Processing involves adding the bud to a pot of warmish oil, (coconut, MCT, olive, sunflower seed, etc), then grinding it up good with a hand blender. Heat it up with frequent stirring until it hits 100C/212F and the water that came from the bud boils off. Once that’s done raise the temp up to around 115-125C / 239-257F when the decarb happens and maintain that heat range until all the fine bubbles stop. Then I cool to below 100C and add some liquid sunflower lecithin. Run it thru a fine mesh strainer into mason jar(s) and freeze. Then thaw and freeze once more to supposedly bind the lecithin to the cannabinoids to make them more absorbable in the gut.

Saves so much time trimming and by skipping the dry/cure then decarb in the oven process you don’t lose a lot of the terpenes and other volatiles you normally would. With my arthritis the less trimming the better!

When using dry bud I find a 10:1 ratio of oil to bud makes a pretty good batch for THC pot too. With fresh frozen but I use up to 4x as much by weight to get close to the same effect.

In the last few years I’ve grown some CBD stuff from crosses made by a buddy to various effect but a good one is Sebring’s Revenge. I grew out some of the early ones sent to me by @Shadey and have since got more of a newer generation, ( Patch Adams S1) and the last is newer yet. An F4 I believe but also sold out.

When I got the Revenge, (CBD Reg Fem) I also got some Earth Lover, (CBD Auto Fem), Loco-Mota, (THC Auto Fem) and the Maui Sunshine, (THC Reg Photo).

I did an outdoor grow with the Earth Lover and Loco-Mota but it went awry. I sprouted 4 of each to make sure I had two of each to plant outside. All 8 grew but only one of the EL actually grew as an Auto Fem and it was one selected for indoors One each of the outdoor ones grew as auto males and the remaining Loco went male when it began to flower as a photo plant. It got removed but 4 branches were allowed to mature and drop pollen that I have since collected just in case.

The one outdoor plant left over is still flowering with about 4 weeks to go. I made a half-assed greenhouse for her and put a heater in there for frosty nights of which we’ve had 3 so far including last night. Hoping I can limp her along to the end before the deep freeze hits up here in northern Alberta. She’s almost 5ft tall now and I’ve entered this pic of her in the Sept contest. (nudge nudge, wink wink) :wink:

I have a well rooted cutting of her inside under T-12 fluoros but she’s yet to show new growth as it was 2 weeks into flowering when I took the cut from a branch that snapped off in the wind. Still alive outside the humidity dome but no new growth as yet. I’m starting to think that she might have enough of the auto genes in her to keep her from re-vegging but I hope not as I really want to grow some indoors so need a mom!

A couple weeks ago I ordered a pack of the Double Ought Cherry and got two packs with a total of 179 seeds plus a pack of the Dragon Heart with 19 nice beans in it! Very nice of Brother Sebring for sure!

I’m growing the CBD to deal with arthritis and chronic depression. A strong sativa using small hits in a pipe works good for a mood lift but I find the Sebring’s Revenge with it’s 2 - 4% THC gives a good lift along with the pain relief from the CBD. The Earth Lover is almost no CBD but I plan on making THC budder too and try blending some into budder I make from her to see if I can find a good mix. Some without CBD will be great to be able to medicate and drive and I have a couple friends/family that really want to try some as they work and need to be sober.

I find that strains containing Mazar seem to work particularly well for my depression so would really like to find me a pure Mazar to grow out and try.

I also grow THC strains, (getting into kush now), to make RSO for my wife who has liver tumours of unknown threat as yet. Seems to be helping. Plus I don’t mind catching a good buzz once in a while too. :slight_smile:

All this stuff and more is in my grow journal that I regularly update.

:peace:

8 Likes

Thanks Who! Honestly, I just use some of the same cues I do with THC weed. It would be really cool to have tests done at various harvest times.

For me, the CBD capsules (I don’t get the same effect from smoking it) really, and I mean really help with chronic pain. I don’t feel high, I’m not pain free, but it makes it easier to get going in the morning. It helps with all the aches and pains I get from doing so much manual labor. Helps me sleep at night, and I even feel like it really helps with my emotional state - stress and nervous issues too.

:v:

3 Likes

We noticed nothing…and just thought cbd didnt help us, I better get some from somewhere else, aches and pains yup
insomnia yup…I saw somewhere that cbd is fickle that just because its a cbd strain doesnt mean it will have cbd, i think it was a breeder on the dude grows show

3 Likes

Imo not all CBD is created equal. CBD isolates do nothing for me. Full spectrum CBD extraction is the ticket. :+1:

I use a high cbd strain, virtually no thc, and make medicated coconut oil with it (magic butter machine). Then I put it in capsules. I’m in a med state, and I’m pretty sure my coworker said he had ordered high cbd aka hemp through the mail. People in med or rec states might be able to do the same.

3 Likes

I tested for CBD on my two Earth Lover CBD plants tonight and got a strong positive response for both but a little more for the outdoor one.

The indoor plant’s results are on the left as numero uno and the outdoor results are the other one. Both plants grown from seed.

I never had those inky looking red stains when I did samples a year ago with different strains so I’m not sure what’s up with that. Happy that they seem high in CBD tho no way to tell the actual percentage. Her clone seems to be beginning new growth so I hope to get her lab tested and she if she can’t be the mother of many new CBD crosses and to make fem seeds with her too.

7 Likes

I found a lab that does potency testing for anyone over 19 for only $60! Add $30 to that for THCa And CBDa results. $60 more for a full terpene profile too. Best price and availability I’ve been able to find for half or less than most. Canvas Labs

4 Likes

I see that this thread has gone by the wayside, but know that I am not the only person on here with an affinity for high cbd genetics. I was hoping to revive this conversation and see if it can be a centralized chat thread for those interested in high cbd genetics to inform others.

I have been someone afflicted with stomach issues and muscle pain from an early age, and have found through some self-discovery that including cbd into my daily regimen alongside a healthy diet, exercise, has paid off dividends in terms of quality of life.

So far, I have found great use for Cannatonic, and really enjoy the terp profile on there, and also have been fond of some of the balanced products from the medical market in Canada. the god bud x which is balanced is a really good night time medication.

So far I am growing some Cannacheese and also some CBD Autos this run. The cannacheese is being run indoors organically using gaia green all purpose and power bloom, as well as a calcium foliar spray was used in veg, and I have been adding a compost tea biweekly. Looking to see what organic growing can do in terms of boosting the medicinal value of these plants.

4 Likes

Sour Tsunami Sativa CBD
Harle/Tsu 60/40 Indica CBD harlequin x sour tsunami

only two I’ve found that work and Don’t Knock Ya F**k Out

3 Likes

I popped some Point Break not too long ago, waiting to pick out the females. Also have some Medical Mamba from Hoku and some 1st Aid to pop at some point. My first time dabbling in CBD strains as well

3 Likes

Nice!

The medical mamba seems really cool. the GG xACDC I bet makes for some really nice taste

3 Likes

Sounds amazing! how was the yield from the plant?

2 Likes

I’ve only used RSO and Extract. Haven’t grown either but plan to next winter indoors.

3 Likes

Nice!

I will post some updates in here about what I currently have on the go from a cbd lens.
Thanks for the reply

4 Likes