A Ride in @Budderton's Sour Taxi, A Condensed Grow Journal

Well, I got the pleasure of trying out @Budderton’s Sour Taxi and being that it’s awesome I wanted to share the details with the community. I have included a pretty detailed write up below and plenty of pics from start to finish. I’m an OG/Sour Fan and this one really hits the funk. Long story short if you don’t wanna read below, this is definitely one to try if you get the chance!

GROW DETAILS
Plants were grown in a 2x2 Mars Hydro tent with a 150w Mars Hydro LED. I use Cyco Coco 70/30 Coco Pearl Mix. I use FloraFlex Full Tilt nutrients with General Hydroponics as a CalMag supplement. Plants are grown with nighttime temps at 65 or less from seed to harvest to push out purples.

Anything else you want to know, just ask!

GERMINATION
All seeds are germinated with a soak in a SuperThrive and GH RapidRoot mix for roughly 4 hours and then are placed in a tupperware/paper towel and placed on top of one of the LED panels. Once they sprout they go in 6 cell starters until they hit roughly 10 days.

Germ Rate, 100%

I received 7 seeds from @Budderton. Unfortunately 2 were cracked in shipping but the other 5 sprouted but only two good ones came through. Both were taken to the finish.

VEG
After they finish in the 6 cells they’re transplanted to 4" FloreFlex pots for approximately 20 days. At that point, they are transplanted to 6" FloraFlex pots for another 10 days before 12/12 starts. Light cycles during the 20 days are 23/1 and during the 10 days 18/6.

The plants started pretty slow and stayed pretty small through veg. As you’ll see in the pics below, when I switched to 12/12 they were pretty compact. Don’t let that fool you though these ladies will put on some size in flower. They were pretty easy growing though, not fussy at all. Plants were topped twice during veg. They responded fine both times. If you’re growing this in condensed space, I would definitely top or the height will get away from you. I would also recommend removing some fan leaves and this one tends to fill in pretty thick with them

FLOWERING
These really took off once I hit 12/12. Easily stretched 2-3 times their size. Both plants produced lots of bud sites and it looked initially like it could be pretty larfy. I pruned off most of the lowers and I’d definitely recommend this as it helped the other buds to fill in.

I always flower OG/Sours until they start to die off. By day 70 these had well yellowed off on their own and had started to show that they were done. Once flushed, they did show some nice purples. Some buds darker than others but the good buds especially picked up some nice color.

Again, super easy through the flower process. The plant will support its weight all the way up to the last week. Because the bud sites are so spread out, should be pretty mold tolerant.

HARVEST/YIELD
Again, plants were well ready by day 70 of 12/12. Nug structure on plant 1 was a little more loose but it was the better quality plant in my opinion. Plant 2 had a tighter denser nug structure but it lacked some of the aesthetic appeal that plant 1 had.

You won’t set any yield records with this one. If one unit is my average yield this produced right on the one unit line. Quality though more than makes up for it but would not recommend for those looking to max every harvest.

EFFECT
For OG/Sour lovers, it’s right on the money. The effect is a bit of a creeper but it sets in and is very relaxing and day dreamy. Easy to take a couple hits and lose yourself in your phone or on OG for a couple hours. This is where the yield balances out because its strong enough that one bowl lasts me a bit when usually i burn right through one. Smoker beware though, toke this one too much and it can definitely cause a little nap time.

TASTES/SMELLS
This is where she really delivers. Both plants had the same sort of smell though one was way better. It’s a sour body odor funk that is really noticeable. To be honest it reeks! It’s the kind of smell that turns every weed smokers head.

Taste is just like it smells, sour funk.

PHENO DIFFERENCES
The biggest and really only noticeable differences was in smell/taste and nug structure. The plant with the looser nug structure was way more smelly and way more intense tasting. Night and day difference compared to the other plant. That’s not to say that plant 2 was bad, but it was a 6 if plant 1 was a 10 taste/smell wise. I’d trade for that vs hard nugs any day, but if you’d prefer the tighter nugs, you’ll still get a great smelling/tasting plant with better bag appeal.

POSITIVES
Very easy to grow, beginner to expert can get great results in my opinion
Connoisseur Quality, Smells and Taste is way above average and will turn heads every time
A+ Bag Appeal
Recommend for OG/Sour fans

NEGATIVES
Very Stretchy, Better have some head room or topping is recommended
Looser nug structure, recommend pruning to address this
Average yield, again won’t break any harvest records with this one

*I found 6 pollen sacks on plant 1. I picked them off, they never came back and final result has no seeds. This would not affect me growing this strain in the future.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS
Sour Taxi is a pretty sweet ride. I would definitely run this one again if I had more seeds and if any come up here with auction season you can bet you’ll see my name on the bidder list. I’ve said it more than enough but if you’re a sour/og slut like me this one is for you.

Thanks again to @budderton for letting me test drive this one.

22 Likes

IN THE PHOTOS, SOUR TAXI IS ON THE LEFT

*BEAUTY SHOTS

*VEG AND PRE 12/12 PHOTOS

*WEEK 1 FLOWER

*WEEK 3 FLOWER

*WEEK 5 FLOWER

*WEEK 7

29 Likes

*HARVEST PICS

IMG_2893|375x500

26 Likes

Beautiful write up and pictures. The loose one sounds like she is leaning towards the sour more than the dirty taxi.
Sounds like you really enjoyed the whole experience :grin:

7 Likes

now that’s what I call a smoke report damn good job

7 Likes

Indeed! These are the kind of strains I love to grow.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m doing all my grow journals for 2024 this way so glad it looks good.

7 Likes

Wow!! Thanks for taking the time to write up such an in depth grow report @Naptown916 ! I like the way you structured it into a few concise posts. It’s a convenient, quick reference for anyone researching the cross. And above all, I’m happy you had a positive experience from the seed and made a fruitful harvest that you enjoy.
Happy harvests!!
:v::grin:

9 Likes

Great posts and journal :ok_hand:
I’ve bookmarked this info as I have a Sour Taxi plant growing in my tent.
Thanks

4 Likes

Seemed like the least I could do since you let me test her out. 6 Tricycle going now :wink:

3 Likes

You’re in for one seriously nasty treat

4 Likes

Beautiful plant. Beautiful pics.
Bravo! You too @Budderton :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Looks like she was an easy trim also. Am I right?
I like that kinda stuff, lol. Gonna have try this.:laughing:
Great job brotha!
:peace_symbol::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Very easy trim. Not a lot of leaf in the nugs and with the space between internodes it’s easy to get to the fan leaves✌️

3 Likes