A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Bananas are cheaper than avocados, we usually have one or two that go real black before the bunch are finished. Do you use the skins as well?

1 Like

Yup I just took a ripe banana with a knife and sliced the skin and slightly squish some out, bury banana , easy peasy!

5 Likes

Pissing down today, thunderstorms, heavy rain and back to 11C, glad I only have tomatoes out in it ATM, another week to 10 days and hopefully 4 germinated ReikoX auto’s will be out there for the summer. I put 4 in water yesterday and 1 cracked so far.

3 Likes

I have half an avocado rotting in my fridge, maybe I’ll see if my worms are interested in it.

5 Likes

Be prepared for an explosion in population!

5 Likes

Good, I haven’t seen many since this winter…

4 Likes

Fellow NS grower here just chiming in to give a nod. Garden and system looks good bud cant wait to see end results of your current run.

The rain today sucks eh? My big plants are loving it though.

Have you grown autos outdoors in our climate before? I have but have not had much luck in getting big plants that are worth the effort.

Grow on!

2 Likes

They will, its like crack cocaine for them lol, they cant resist it. I think its all the estrogen hormones in the avocados.

4 Likes

Hi Trevor, thanks for dropping by. I am in Hammonds Plains.

I haven’t grown autos before, at all. So I hope they will do OK, I tried photos last year, but with all the ambient light around it took ages before they went into flower, and in the end I brought them into the grow room to finish off. I wont be doing that again, got a good dose of greenfly off them on all the other plants. So I am hoping that the autos will do better than the photos, and finish up before the frosts hit.

4 Likes

They should finish up for sure. Key is good start and watering/feeding frequency. I know a local grower who does about 100 autos outdoor every year. Sucks about the ambient light, and I know all about it, had to black out windows last year, and still had some issues late flower.

Also bear in mind, not so much in your area but in rural areas of NS (I’m on the north shore), there is alot of wild and industrial hemp being grown and pollen is landing on our plants. I dont know a single grower here that didnt have a ton of seeds at harvest last season.

Challenges of growing up here.

Will be following along with the thread as we go. Glad to see more locals on here.

5 Likes

Yeah I was talking to local growers around here, last year, and they were having the same problems with their outdoor grows getting pollinated.

If you are ever in my neck of the woods and want to drop in for a chat, drop me a PM. Is that North Shore Cape Bretton?

3 Likes

Nah Pictou County, and for sure bud!

1 Like

@MomOnTheRun I have been reading your grow thread and got lots of great info thanks.

I have made some Lactobacillus with milk and also the brown rice, brown sugar, and pink salt kind. The milk one is still going but the Brown rice is almost done, I cant find any info on how much to reduce it when watering the plants or foliage spraying.

I was wondering if you would know, I am sure you do, cheers.

3 Likes

Today I have been brutalizing my poor plants. last night I took some cuttings for a buddy, then watched a DVD on You Tube, about cropping super cropping ect. The guy said, that it was not good to top the plants within 10 days of flipping to 12/12, as it would stunt the plants growth in stretch, and bud production. I topped my first 5 in flower at the moment, about 4-5 days before flipping them, I can say he is right lol, the plants are stunted and buds a lot smaller than expected compared to the clones used in the previous grow. So I wont be doing that again.

So I topped all my veg plants this morning as they have roughly 2 weeks minimum before going into flower and bent some branches as well, trying to be more careful :worried:. I was wondering if I should keep the plants in flower atm, going longer, or if that’s going to be it for them, because of the early topping, they will be 9 weeks or 63 days Sunday. Stated times for them are 55-65 days, My 63 days is from flip, not flowers showing, which was at 2 weeks further on for 2 of them, and 3 weeks further on for the 3 others. So I am thinking 2 more weeks, and chop them, except for the TUT I find they can get quite a bit bigger if you give them a bit extra time.

8 Likes

I use 1Tb per 4cups as is to kick start breaking down amendments in a new soil…for fermenting fruits an veggies for foliar spraying, i’ll reduce it to 1/2Tb per 4 cups when I add in the sugar to start the process

6 Likes

Thank you very much, I made 10 liters of the brown rice one, so that should last quite a while at those ratios.

3 Likes

I thought you had invented the XST :grin: (eXtreme Stress Training), hope this time things will be better. Interesting theory about topping before blooming period, if you also need to up pot what would be the correct order? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Not sure what would be correct George lol, I either go straight from seedling into a party cup then either 2 liter or into my 10 gal pots or for clones from cutting to a party cup, to a 2 liter pot or straight to a 10 gal pot. I really only go into the 2 liter pots if they are going to have to wait a while, before going into the 10 gal pots.

Yeh my extreme stress training system, is stressful for me as well, when I ruin a great looking plant.

7 Likes

Sunday update.

In the clone cab things are ticking along, the 2 C99XGHP are stretching a bit so they got topped, they have almost caught up with the 2 Sebs Rev seedlings, which have also been topped in fact I think I topped everything except the 2 new ReikoX auto seedlings lol. Got tired of nursing the Hog broken branch and chopped it off, plant seems happier as well. Temps and RH have been the same as last week roughly.

ReikoX autos 2 above ground, one almost, and 1 on its way. The 60 liter grow bags are out in the back yard, and have some clover and alfalfa seeds sown on them. Going to give them a shot of LABs this week to boost the hoard.

The rest of the gang,

In the Veg tent Just the Sebs Rev which got all toppable tops topped, lol try saying that fast. So did the rest of the plants in here, as well as the ISSXBB which is bent over as well. I am determined to make this plant give me some lower branches lol. The 2 Hog are going crazy and picking up growth speed, its going to be cramped in here again shortly. I need to get my truck back on the road, and get some OSB board to extend the tent.

The clones are still going one more Sebs Rev came out Friday, and was potted up in a party cup, which leaves the 3 in the the middle 1 with 1/4 inch roots and the other 2 with root bumps. Three GDP on top and three TUT on the bottom have been in since Thursday night 4 a buddy who wants them in 4 weeks.

Right we are at week 8 or 56 days for the first 5 in Flower. They are still not showing much enthusiasm for bud growth, so they got some EM1 LABs in their water today along with the rest of them. Giving them 2 more weeks to get their act together except the TUT, that might get 1-2 weeks more.

The Blueberry Cough, looking very trichy, will be coming out as well in 2 weeks.

The Second four doing better 6 weeks of 42 days, with 4 more weeks to go.

The three newbies doing well but are not getting much light so I am swapping them about with 3 of the first 5.

Close Up of the BBC

Close Up of one of the GDP

3 of the first 5 now moved, hard to see whats what, there is so much green in here lol.

3 newbies moved under the light with the TUT top and BBC below left. They got re bent about again as well, but cant do too much until the others are moved out.

15 Likes

Smashing it as usual @Shadey :100:

7 Likes