ABC (fem) Seed Run

I received seeds of Australian Bastard Cannabis (ABC) from Sebring (along with STS ingredients) with the expectation that I would make more seeds. This thread will document my attempt to produce those seeds.

I’ve been hesitating to make this thread because my first attempt was mostly a failure, and I wanted to have some degree of confidence that this attempt might actually work. So here we go…

ABC is unique in that it has a leaf shape very unlike traditional cannabis. Some info below:

From Sebring’s site (diygreenlife.com)

“ABC’s most notable features are its oddly shaped leaves resembling hops (Humulus Lupulus), a close relative of Cannabis. It has an unremarkable THC content, at around 5%. Analytics conducted on a hybrid (of a THCA+) plant by Medicinal Genomics showed relatively high level of terpenes Myrcene, Limonene and surprisingly high levels of Terpinolene. Its flavor profile is described as peppery and reminiscent of a strong Sativa, with a strong lime aroma and earthy accents.

Additionally, the genes determining leaf structure and plant size are recessive. This means they often do not appear in the offspring of crossbred ABC plants.”

From Seedfinder:

“Australian Bastard Cannabis (aka ABC) is a sativa variety from unknown origin and can be cultivated indoors and outdoors. .

What do we know about the unknown/legendary Australian Bastard Cannabis?
Unknown or LegendaryAustralian Bastard Cannabis (ABC), also known as Cannabis Australis*, is a unique variety of cannabis specific to Australia. It possesses structural and growth characteristics distinctive from any other known variants of cannabis. Indeed, these qualities actually mitigate some of the risks associated with growing cannabis.

There is little formal scientific information about ABC. Most of the information out there emerges from the accounts of growers, along with the hearsay on grower forums.”

80 Likes

Ok, I have 11 plants and I’m currently at the point of reversing one. But first a few pics:

The first five that survived came from seeds planted around the beginning of June.

The next six came from seeds that were planted around the beginning of July.

The 11 on July 28.

August 20.

At that point, I didn’t know the genders of any, so I put one in the flower tent. If it was male, I would reject it and pick another. The first one I tried was female.

Terrible picture, but it is developing pollen sacs.

58 Likes

I am using STS to reverse the female being used as the pollen donor. I started with a batch I had in my fridge from a few months ago. It wasn’t working, so I made a new batch and have now sprayed 3 times.

Because this is the second time I’ve encountered this issue, in the future I will always just make a fresh batch when trying to reverse a female.

Since the female I’m reversing is now developing pollen sacs, I will flip the remaining 10 plants in a week or so.

29 Likes

If you don’t mind I’ll pull up a chair and watch the show

6 Likes

This was fast! :crazy_face: They are all beautifully ugly, complete stealth ones. I only grow indoors so I don’t think I will grow them but this is a great opportunity for those having friendly climates, thanks for sharing and best of luck with your endeavour … beer3|nullxnull

9 Likes

Got to love the look of them mutants! :metal:

3 Likes

Definitely an exciting run. I’ll be here watching, and hoping @misterbee brings some snacks.

5 Likes

is a good variety for breeding or when prohibited.

I also have a mother (famale) indoor for cuttings, and fem Seeds.

7 Likes

I’m working on some crosses right now, but it’s taking awhile. Have to go three generations just to get to stable ABC leaf type, then select for other traits. I’m only up to second generation with three different crosses. One of them is currently in veg to make third generation seeds.

17 Likes

ABC! I’ll be watching this for sure!
I intend to cross some of my freakshow’s to abc some day. I’m sure its been done but it sounds like a good time.
Looking good!

6 Likes

Definitely watching! Those are some unusual looking plants. Fascinating to see all the different variations !:green_heart::v:

7 Likes

Great project! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I dig the weird!! Best of luck with your project @middleman ! Thank you for doing this!

:dove:

3 Likes

Weird looking plants for sure. Would be nice if the thc levels were in the high teens not sure 5% would cut it for me.

5 Likes

Pulling up a chair in the corner for this. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ll be wacthing this one sending all the vibes to your garden :seedling: :green_heart: @middleman

:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

I am so excited to see you are having good luck this time around :crossed_fingers:t3: :crossed_fingers:t3: :crossed_fingers:t3:

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Hell yeah you know I’ve been sitting back and watching for a while now ! Glad to see you finally got a handle on the strain .
Hats off to you brother …

I remember

“I’m not a breeder”

Well you kind of are now bud :crazy_face:

8 Likes

I think the reversed plant is far enough along:

So I moved the rest of the plants to my pollination 2x4 under 12/12.

If this reversed plant is like the last one, I’ll have to dry the flowers and grate them over a screen to get pollen, but I’m prepared.

36 Likes

As a side note, not part of this run, but related to ABC and crosses:

I received seeds of Drunken Bastard from @anhthormap and am considering crossing it to get a decent auto with ABC leaf type. If anyone has grown or is familiar with Drunken Bastard and can suggest an auto that might pair well with it, please let me know. I have several autos I can use, just looking for a general direction.

I think @PineTarBastard did a great job with his Purple Auto Bastard, but I’m not sure he’s happy with it, so I’ll go in a different direction.

Edit: I’m leaning towards Blueberry Auto from @Alaskagrown or Ghost Rose x MI5 from @Jinglepot

14 Likes