Ace Seeds Kali China

Hi all, first post here. I recently completed an indoor grow of Kali China from Ace seeds and don’t see much about this strain on Overgrow, so thought I would share my experience.

Kali China is a hybrid of old Kali Mist and Ace’s China Yunnan. I was under a time crunch for this grow, so I had a minimal veg time and harvested 11 weeks after planting seeds. The grow was in 5 gallon pots of organic soil. The harvest has been curing for about a month now.

I planted two seeds and got one shorter and one taller plant, both with similar structure. The shorter plant yielded 40 grams and the taller plant 30 grams.

Shorter:

Taller:

30 Likes

Kali China 1 (shorter pheno) and Kali China 2 (taller pheno) have similar appearance and taste. The taste reminds me most of Super Silver Haze, a bit of incense and lemon candy. It is a very muted flavor, and I think I would enjoy it a lot if it were more present. Probably this has to do with me flowering during the heat of summer - average temp during flowering was 72 F with highs in the mid 80’s. I’m hoping that the flavor improves with additional curing.

I find the two plants to differ a lot in the high. The shorter pheno is a nice hybrid-type high - a bit energetic at first and then mostly relaxing. I’m always looking for strains that are helpful with anxiety and this one is middle-of-the-road - doesn’t cause paranoia but doesn’t seem anti-anxiety to me either. The taller pheno is a very different experience to me. It is more energetic, with happy vibes and waves of euphoria. I get minor visual distortions and creative thoughts. It’s a kind, fun feeling trip and some of the best effects I’ve ever had. Very sativa-like for such a short flowering time. Despite being quite strong for me, it is so positive that I don’t mind the intensity at all.

20 Likes

Very nice looking plants. :grin:

3 Likes

Nice grow!

Can’t help but think there may be some PCK in there too. That wouldn’t be the first time :laughing:

2 Likes

Big leaves on that sativa.

1 Like

It is a hybrid, mostly indica genetics.

1 Like

Old Kali Mist x China Yunnan X China Yunnan in the feminized version.

2 Likes

Are you still running these,? Ive always wanted to try this variety out. Ive seen some grows with exotic colors and flowers.

No, but I have one seed left to try again sometime. I would take clones and try it in the winter, it is supposed to have much better terpenes with lower temps. But for now I have several other things I want to grow.

1 Like

Ive heard the same, tbh everthings better in the fall and winter. Thnx for getting back theres just not many ace growers over here compared to ic. Guess they haven’t caught on over here yet. With kali china its all about that smell, hopefully it will carry morenext time u grow it. As your aware alot of things can come into play medium, temps, etc etc

1 Like

I have several Ace seeds lined up - just started a log on Orient Express and I’m trimming my Zamaldelica Auto today from the outdoor season. Then the Panama x Honduras fems and Ethiopian regs. And after I’ve gotten through these I really want to try some Mandala Seeds stuff. There’s too much to grow!

3 Likes

Thats cool im actually interested in that auto zamamaldelica. Ill check your grow out, one of these days im going to try something from them. Im leaning towards zamaldelica or maybe kalichina hybrid. I recently tried satori it was nice, funky herbal smell strong head high. Mandala has cool offerings too.

I’m going to cure it for a month and then I’ll let you know what I think! In terms of growing it was easy but needed a lot more nutrients than I expected. It was my first time growing an Auto and growing cannabis outside, so I have a lot of learning/adjusting to do.

1 Like