Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

They got a little hungry on me all growing overhead, Skyf. Been adding some organic N inputs past few feedings, but obviously nothing heavy handed.

5 Likes

I’ve just started a bunch of Mahas stuff and some other hazey hybrids from some awesome members so that kind of confirms what I was already thinking-light handed as you say.
Gonna be running them in soil from last seasons grow and basically just eyeball plants and feed along the way if it looks like they need it.
Thanks for the reply mate…

5 Likes

My pleasure. I’ll be interested to see how things go for you. Are you growing indoors or out?

2 Likes

Its def more than just the high(THC%)… Smells. Flavors, High, and the experience of it all play a part in what Top Shelf Should be IMO… As I said choose what you like best.

The THC level does matter, in general the higher the better, but it is the terpenes that make a 10% THC weed with the right terpenes better then a 20 % THC with all the wrong terpenes. It is not the cannabinoids. The terpenes also determine the type of high.-SamS.

8 Likes

Yeah outdoors…
I’ll post up some pics soon.

3 Likes

Yeah Im with you Hammer… yes maybe the ultimate reason we smoke cannabis is to get high, but damn if I love the whole ritual smoking it matters just as much to me.

Examining how my bud looks - the structure of the flower or trichomes, the smell of it burning or freshly busted, how it feels after its run through the buster, the look on people face when you light something up that tingles their nostrils. Shit I have even had really really good weed that was grown by a freind… everyone loved it and made a couiple friends green out it was so strong. But it had a taste I couldnt get over… like actually dog shit mixed with dill pickle. It was unsmokable and made me gag. I gave that shit away…

Or another anecdote the only cannbabis I really liked from the legal market in Canada is a Sour Tangie that sat around 13% thc. But the smells and taste of it was like biting into a fresh mandarin. So good.

So yeah I like the SYRP T3RPZZZZ…

12 Likes

Hey VD good to see ya around OG. :wave:

The digiberry Haze looks really nice.

@Ur_Humbl_Nr8tor I love all the updates my friend. You are really bringing out the best in those plants. IS there one that your really looking forward to more than the others? Like I say they all look very chunky and fantastic.

5 Likes

Oh, man. Don’t make me pick between my ladies. I’m looking forward to trying Maha’s gear. The Acid Beauties…in a scary sort of way. The potted Juicy I’m really digging as well. Pretty familiar with the Ace OTH so we will find out what the A5 brings to the table. Patiently waiting while I trim up some Blueberries. Caterpillars hit them harder than I had hoped but I was lazy with too few BT sprays this season. Same with the Ace Zenith finishing up. Will be trimming out a bit of worm damage and the accompanying botrytis. Still plenty of healthy flowers for my head, so no real complaints.

12 Likes

Yobroz, Haze-novice here, just having a ball and enjoying the growing/smoking …and not trying to convince anyone of anything! :joy:

Now THAT’s a Bud!

Center plant

Think I better go buy some more rolling papers! :rofl:

Have a great day!

:call_me_hand:

48 Likes

How long you flower those for tlander?

1 Like

555 :rofl:
That blue strip gives you total anonymity.

:rofl:

9 Likes

Haa, haa, haa! @Ur_Humbl_Nr8tor I just knew somebody would ask! The Original Hazes were gifted to me by @WVMountainGhost via @Budderton . I was in a hurry to get them ‘in’ after a late start…then I completely forgot to mark the first flowering date on the tags! So, in the end I have no idea how long these ‘actually’ flowered for…probably a couple weeks short of what they would have wanted. But our humidity levels are sky-high here and we had to start cutting them or risk losing them to budrot.

Looking back through my pictures I see that these went into soil (plugs) on June 4th, got transplanted to Solo’s on June 6th, went into 1 gallon airpots on June 16th (12-days old). I believe they were under lights in the rack on 24/7 for about 2-3 weeks in Solos & then 1 g. AP’s. Then they went outdoors into 10-gallon airpots on automated drip irrigation in living soil mix w/ no supplemental lighting.

Aug 18th;

Aug 25th;

…I snapped the first picture above on Aug 18th and it looks to me like they must have been flowering for at least a week or two already? So it looks like they had about 1 month of veg and started flowering early Sept. We took that largest plant down two days ago so, ‘about’ 6-7 weeks of flowering, I’d guess! :joy:

I have a feeling my LS mix was probably too ‘hot’ for their liking, and I may have screwed them up with my feeding routine (I haven’t done a lot w/pure Sativa’s over here previously) by over-feeding ‘em! Then once I figured out I’d probably screwed up I was afraid of over-doing it and likely let them run out of nutrients when they really wanted it! Live and learn…I’m workin’ hard at both! :joy: I’m not too proud to turn down any advice from the Pro’s around here regarding my nutrients for pure Sativa’s, please do chime in or DM me w/your hints! Thanks! :pray:

(Ages/dates on photo titles)

43 Likes

Looks like some of the flowers are better looking than that first lady tlander I’m keen for a closer look at those

4 Likes

Haa, haa, haa! Those last ones are probably a mixture of Lemon Skunk, Goji OG, Bloody Monster and Franken Bubble…just choppin’ and hangin’ right now, hardly even time to look at the tags! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Oh so no meat on the haze girls you tried?
Given the climate they sure have the opportunity to perform, but many reproductions haven’t had the opportunity of good selection due to poor environment not allowing for good expression and low numbers also restricting that ability… shit parents produce shit kids lol…
Haze has the potential to be better its recorded and has been seen…
Definitely the odd skinny thai girl around but I know you’ve seen a few meaty ones right,? 555

2 Likes

Well, I’d take the blame for any inadequacies in these girls! Never having really grown Hazes much, I didn’t know what to expect from them. It felt like they ran out of steam about 2 weeks from finish. I mean they turned out ‘alright’, the massive, sticky top cola on that plant is 2’ long of the total 8’ plant! But it’s so light and ‘airy’ it’s like cotton candy! I guess the real test’ll be in a few weeks…if I can wait that long! :crazy_face:

13 Likes

That’s hell of a big foxtail bud.Look a lot like the Haze#19 pic

Positronics - Haze 19
Old positronics strain. Seedling No.19 out of an original-Haze selection. The seeds was given to Wernard from Sam the Skunkman

28 Likes

My humble Vietnamese Black is getting a spicy pepper like smell.

32 Likes

It would be my super player, I am a huge fan of foul smell strais. Unfortunately nowadays harder to find

3 Likes

Embarrassed to show of my new hybrid in such amazing tropical sativa’s squash.
She’s a mid/mid half w.cake x skunk half my messy NH with o. Haze hybrid
But times are though here and I wish I could go with a tropical side this Summer. But I must test this kiddo and very restricted

9 Likes