Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Live and learn, Tlander. You’ve got one haze grow under your belt. Keep s posted on the smoke!

4 Likes

Haze isn’t supposed to have chunked out, og looking buds. Your plants look perfect.

7 Likes

You can get wispy or fuller flowers in Haze but your not going to see big chunky flowers.

The fuller flowers are from the Colombian side.

7 Likes

That haze is impressive.
Perhaps if you didn’t have to fight with the high humidity and budrot it could develop a bit more, or not…
Only seeing it make my teeths grow… hahaha…
Hope you enjoy it!!!
Always jealous of that hazes, I only have grow some hybrid of haze, and is really good smoke.

5 Likes

14 Likes

What makes you say that? All the true punto rojo looks wispy as all hell - i would argue that Mexican lines tend to be fuller

4 Likes

Love all your posts… keep it up :v:

2 Likes

Over 40 years of growing sativas tell me that.

True punto rojo ( Red Colombian) you say can you show me one being posted online that has Red flowers considering its a Red Colombian i have seen zero posted so far.

You can argue all you like that dont make you right.

1 Like

The South African side would that be Durban ?

1 Like

lol, i don’t think we’re talking about what colour lumbos are but rather the structure/density *of the flower

2 Likes

10 Likes

You brought them up i have grown the green Colombians and the Red and i have a true red Colombian still so i know what they look like and the flowers are not wispy.

Look at Sam’s own Haze plants do his flowers look wispy ?

8 Likes

Grow up Topic.

Thank you for addressing the primary point - its hard to imagine that a tropical line can survive botrytis in a humid environment with fuller flower.

Would you consider that red colombian that satva grew to be true/pure?

Can you please show some of examples of the Red Colombian you have that is not wispy? Or anybody’s red colombian that you feel is pure/true? I wonder if the naming mechanism could be tied to the way that @Roms has described in green/gold/red/black lines being tied to flowering time,effects, altitude - rather than just purely aesthetic color or as a marketing push

5 Likes

They definitely can survive because unlike people from temperate climates assume it’s not always high humidity in the tropics and those sativas are maturing in the dry season when the humidity is quite low…

12 Likes

Great point, from some anecdotal research it seems that some areas of collection for the lumbo lines are fairly humid however:

3 Likes

I dont have any pictures of my Red Colombians and the ones i did saved on a CD i cant find i had done a grow thread some years back at Mr Nice.

Yes the Red Colombian i would conciser pure.

Sativas evolved to deal with heat and humidity when i say a full flower that dont mean it resembles a chunky Afghan flower it just means a fuller flower to that of a more Wispy flower many Thai lines have.

Pic of Sam’s Haze is what i call a fuller sat flower and to the Colombian side and they can get larger than those but again that dont mean the flower is rock hard.

3 Likes

They are probably unsuccessful growing gunja in those spots, there are usually places in rain shadows and often microclimates in tropical areas, I live in one and im aware of a variety of climates from wet tropical rainforest to dry more arid areas all within limited distances from each other

4 Likes

This is what your typical Green Colombian type flower looks like and what i call a fuller flower now its clearly a sativa nothing chunky about it and it is going to deal with rain humidity and extream heat its what they are use to.

Once they are harvested and dried the flower looks even fuller.

19 Likes

They look like they need to be supported, hybridization cause an increase in density of flowers or did the plant put more energy into stems?

2 Likes