Adding lamps alongside my Diablo X 750 for new 5x5 tent

Advice on adding lamps to augment my Diablo X 750 for new 5x5 tent.

Maybe the hlg UV bar.

3 Likes

I didn’t even consider that option, hmm. Thanks.

The light has worked well in my 4x4. I just got a deal I couldn’t pass up on an AC Ifinity 5x5. I have a suspicion the 750 is going to be a tad below where I want to be, given the extra footprint.

The specs on hlg’s site show that your light should be sufficient.

3 Likes

I generally take those numbers with a grain of salt. Going from 16sqf to 25sqf is a jump of almost 60%. As said above, the 750 worked well in an old 4x4 I was gifted. That finally gave up the ghost and I came across killer deal on a 5x5 with an 8 inch fan and filter. I am planning a run in the 5x5. Perhaps it is enough, though. Any input or advice is appreciated. I know it is easy to get caught up in the numbers and there a multiple considerations which influence outcomes. Thanks again!

3 Likes

If your HIG 750w light is still going strong and has a 2.7umol/J or better efficiency then It should be good in a 5x5.

4 Likes

It is only a year old. I bought it new from Hlg. I just checked the specs and it is rated by them at 2.95 and total output 2105 ppf. I never checked how accurate those are. Assuming they are close I should be good stepping up in sqf over the smaller tent?

1 Like

That light is plenty for a 5X5.
More light dosent just mean more buds.

6 Likes

I have only the past year gotten back into growing. It has been 25 years. Mostly I grew outdoors and under HPS/MH indoors. Leds and tents are new to me, so it is a learning process. The light was a big investment at the time and I have been adding and upgrading as I can. I have just been growing plants old school and haven’t tried scrogging or sogging. Though those techniques interest me, I just wanted to get my thumb green again and start growing my own.

2 Likes

Did you have an intake fan in the 4x4? I had a 6" in a 5x5 and it was plenty. That 8" is alot

No fan in the 4x4. The 8" was part of the deal. Both are new in the box and I gave $175 for both. I figured I could run the fan at a lower speed for now. It is an AC infinity also. The pro model with the controller. I figured it may be a bit big but it was offered as part of the deal, so I took it.

3 Likes

Great deal. Ac Infinity out the box. My tent is first gen 5x5 but fan is not AC. You’re winning :+1:t6:

2 Likes

Quite a few guys would say That that’s borderline low. Especially when you get further away from the light say 3+ feet. But plenty of guys have done well with that light with that size tent so it really depends on your budget. A lot of guys would say you should fill every square inch with light bars wall-to-wall. Really depends on your budget. But you were definitely in a higher range in the 4 x 4. Cheers !!!

3 Likes

That is what I figured. My 4x4, first tent ever is/was a beat up old unbranded hand me down. I have been piecing together a set up overtime. Learning as I go. I have had success and failure in my limited attemps, but it all has been fun.

1 Like

I figured from what I have read that it may not be ideal. But I grow for myself. Maybe later I will upgrade to bar lights. Do you have any suggestions about makes and models of bars? At the moment I was thinking of just hanging another lamp if I need to. As I said its a hobby, not a businesses for me. I am not looking to drop thousands to just grow for myself. The 750 is paid for, the tent and fan were a deal in my mind. Tbh, there is so much bs and contradiction on these forums, it sometimes a turnoff. I figure with what I have now, just plain old growing, I am good for 4 to 6 plants without much issue if I center them under the lamp. As I said any suggestions on bar setup to cover the entire footprint, for future reference is appreciated. Or any ideas on adding another lamp or two alongside the 750 I currently have is appreciated. Amazon has some good prime deals on Spider Farmer lamps. I am not sure about their quality or efficiency. I was thinking I could at a coupl 100 watts alongside.

3 Likes

Ifigure 2 100 watters plus the 750 would give me about 38 watts per sqf

1 Like

A couple dead spots in the corners is no big deal if that’s what you’re rocking with :+1:

3 Likes

That is a bad ass light and it’s paid for… put it to work !!! Cheers!!!

4 Likes

I run a scorpion rspec far red in a 5x5…your diablo is more than enough light.

5 Likes