Adub x alien dog cherry 600w soiless

Hi everyone! this is my first grow diary, i thought it would be a good idea to keep a backup of my notes and logs so my posts will be kind of dry - but if you see something i can improve upon please let me know!

the strains are 3 phenos of adub x alien dog cherry from Obsoul33t Genetics. there is also 1 pheno from a pack of 6 of Pillow Factory from Ethos. This is my 3rd round with these genetics and ive been thinning down the pool ultimately for 1 or 2 preferred phenos.

the first picture is after week one of flower, no one cares about veg, we want to see those flowers, damnit!
i stretch the ladies out with LST to soften them up a little, at week two they get the trellis treatment. this is just before i put down the trellis.

Now we are finishing up week two flower, bud sites are starting to form, the canopy has been evened out and the lower portions that aren’t receiving light have been removed. i should mention i run MH lights for the first 2 weeks flower to keep stretch down, but now we swapped to the hortilux 600w and the plants loooove it. temps peak at 76, with nighttime temps dipped to 68, humidity is around 62%.

photos are taken through a method 7 hps filter lens, the colors are still wonky.

the hood is air cooled, air drawn in through a duct i installed in a window though the hood and is vented out a port i installed in my attic exhaust - this air never touches my house. i have a separate 4 inch carbon exhaust that vents to a separate vent in my attic, and when i finish my sun room in the next few weeks i vent the carbon exhaust there to provide some warm during the winter months.

my room is a little close quarters, this is a new setup for me and im trying to keep everything in one room - but this hobby has gotten way, way out of hand. the empty tent is my veg setup, my clones havent quite gotten big enough to move under the florescent lights in there but in another week or so we have her up and running too.

and thats where we are at currently, i expect to update every few days are so.

NOTES
RO water used, starting ppm: 15
nutes used: GH flora 3 part PLUS liquid kool bloom, diamond nectar, floralicious plus
feed ppm@725 5.8ph drain to waste
soiless medium (50/50 course perlite course verm) i will be using coco after this.

16 Likes

I do love beef. Great setup :popcorn:

-DD

3 Likes

Awesome setup bro off to a great start :+1:can’t wait to see how they finish up

1 Like

Welcome to OG @Doulovebeef , Great setup there, plants are lookin’ good! :thumbsup:

So I was walking past the grow room last night during lights on cycle and what do I see? mini pin holes on my 6 inch ducting. So now I’m waiting on my thermo flow sr2000 vent ducting to arrive, I’m disappointed but I got my current ducting from lowes, I should have known, oh well, the sr2000 is heavier duty, and the black interior lining gives me reassurance that no outside light from the outside venting is reflecting up inside the tent.

these are only the holes that show up on my camera, but standing there with the hall light off and the observation window closed on the tent it looks like the damn milky way in my room, pin holes all over the damn place.

2 Likes

time to move the clones to beer cups. Out of 14 clones taken, 14 rooted. i always use clonex rooting gel, but this time i also used a temp controlled heating mat set at 75 degrees F ( 28.3C). i usually am happy with a 50% success rate. wtf am i gonna do with all these extra clones? no one i know grows.

maybe ill hold a few back to play with tissue culturing. id like to preserve the genetics when im ready to move on to something new. good seeds are so hard for me to get ahold of. customs snatched my last seeds a year ago and ive been paranoid ever since.

4 Likes

smoking on some of the pillow factory from the last grow, when i first ran it from seed there wasnt much flavor there, and when you rubbed the stems there wasnt much smell. but when i ran the second cycle with clones the flavor came out and omg - heavy citrus and pepper tones and it locks you down. i cant smoke this in the morning and expect to be productive. friends and i will just space off what we were talking about during a smoke session. when im in a group we tend to smoke joints, but when its just me i like a clean glass pipe. its not the best cannabis ive smoked, but damn its pretty high up there. i had high hopes for the adub but i just cant find anything special there.

5 Likes

today we are halfway through week 5. i had to leave for four days for work so i watered and crossed my fingers, when i came home i found some yellow spotting and purple stems appearing to be calmag def, but when i checked the ph it was way high. so i flushed, brought the ppms to 700 and ph to 5.8. i am finding some signs of overfeeding, yellowing around the edges, tip burn. but im not sure if its because of the ph issue or if legit overfeed. notes say im feeding the same as last round. i caught some runoff and ppms were 200 higher than what i put in, so the next feeding im going to back it off to 650 or so.

we also went through the clones, and went through final selection for the next cycle, predominately Pillow Factory from Ethos Genetics. Originally just a space filler to fill in canopy but ive really come to like it. theres only one adub in the next cycle, and it may get turned into fresh frozen BHO. not really sure what to do with the extra clones…

later this week, the second layer of trellis will go on so we can spread those colas out a little bit, to get light to some of the lower ones.
flower feed: 700ppm@5.8ph supplementing with mag sulfur@120ppm base nute@600

2 Likes

one of the clones before i put it in coco. these spent 15 days in beer cups to develop roots, then moved to coco.

pulled everything out of the veg tent, washed everything with saniclean. its a no rinse sanitizer i use when i brew beer. it doesnt foam so its great for cleaning pumps and hoses. the tent interior, pool, catch pans and elevator trays all got a soak and wipe down.

veg tent feed: 450ppm@5.8ph.

3 Likes

starting week 7. second layer of trellis went in, getting some light to the lower canopy.

next round is coming along, topped 2 days ago, and ill top a few more times. 2 weeks theyll move to 7 gallon pots and hit the flower room. been feeding at 450ppm.

5 Likes

Looking good there buddy. I use StarSan to clean/disinfect as well. I use malted barley, rice hulls, funnels and paddles from the brew store, not to mention air locks, citric acid (pH up), potassium bicarbonate (pH down), and may other things.

2 Likes

if i may ask, what do you use the malted barely and rice hulls for in the garden?

1 Like

I’m glad you asked! Rice hulls are used as aeration (replacing perlite) and sometimes a mulch layer. The malted barley I use as an amendment and top dress. Malted Barley Powder is full of enzymes. Enzymes are a catalyst for many plant processes.

3 Likes

thanks bro, ill definitely give rice hulls a try. are you an organic grower? im full synthetic - im sure the girls would love the barley treatment.

2 Likes

I’m full organic, recycled and no-till depending on my mood. If you have some barley around, grind it up fine in an old coffee grinder, top dress, then water it in. I usually add some fulvic acids, aloe, and silica for a real boost.

1 Like

here are some night shots.

6 Likes

half way through week eight. brought feed down to 500 base nutes plus 70ppm mag sulfur. girls dont seem to crave the calcium past week 6 so i switch calmag out with a mag sulfur mix. todays the last feeding. straight RO water from here.

i dont bother to ph water im flushing with.

7 Likes

They look killer, good work! :+1::seedling:

Dang @ReikoX sounds as if your set up to do some homebrewing! Starsan is some awesome stuff!

Sweet another homebrewer/ grower in the bunch all your extract, partial, or all-grain? What’s your go to style you like?